Chapter 3
2.7k 10 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“How long has it been?” He lightly muttered to himself.

 

Ever since his meeting with the monster, Omis did not leave his throne room for what felt like days perhaps weeks, at first he was always on his nerves glancing towards the door afraid that something might break in. Yet as time passed the throne room remained eerily quiet. At the far right corner of the room was a small table, here he spent his time immersed in the vast number of books he owned.

 

He turned the last paper of the book, before a sigh escaped his mouth

“I never thought I’d finish them so fast...” Omis was in a dilemma, using his divine sense he was able to scan the entire book in a matter of seconds, it took him a bit of time and practice to get used to it, as it left him with a disorienting feeling that soon enough disappeared after he scanned his third book. He then experimented on spreading out his divine sense through the room, and to his surprise it was easy! It felt like he owned another set of eyes and arms. He could use it to interact with various objects around the hall, it did not take long before his mastery over divine sense rose and he was able to use it as smoothly as another limb.

 

No matter how efficiently he was able to use his divine sense, there was one thing he dared not do, and that was to spread it out of the throne room. Omis was afraid, he was afraid of alerting whatever monsters laid outside, yet he was slowly running out of things to do after re-reading his books for the third time. There was no useful information in there beside things he already knew from the game, the realms were the same.

One started cultivating the Qi gathering then came Foundation establishment, after that one would create their Gold core before learning to project their soul out of their body in the Soul wandering realm, after that came Nascent soul where you would learn to efficiently use your divine sense, next came the Ensoulment realm followed by the Nihility realm where your understanding of the Dao was what mattered, before finally stepping into the Ascended realm. These were the so called earthly realms.

 

“It’s still the same, the heavenly realms are also the same.” He pondered while lightly touching his chin.

The realms are the same, my throne room is the same, hell even my character is the same...” by all means he should be in the game yet everything feels so real, a shiver ran down his spin thinking about that giant fin, it was one thing fighting monsters in the game but in real life? No...

 

“No matter what, I can’t stay holed up in here...” steeling his resolve, Omis gritted his teeth before slowly sending his divine sense outside of the palace. Using his divine sense to see the eerie scene outside deepened his understanding, the heavenly realm had collapsed...no it was safe to say that it was still collapsing. Taking a deep breath Omis then spread his sense out in all directions slowly but surely, all that greeted him back however was a see of red clouds and broken sky, deciding that there didn’t seem to be anything of imminent danger at his immediate surroundings, he then decided to push a bit further away from his place. Strangely he felt no strain moving his sense that far away from him in fact, he felt as if he could spread it even further, far far more...

 

Taking another deep breath to calm himself, Omis continued pushing his divine sense away in hopes of finding something new besides the sea of clouds, after what felt like hundreds if not thousands of kilometres away the first signs of change appeared! Mountains! He came across the first mountain beside his own, unfortunately there didn’t seem to be anything in there but ruins of what once may have been a glorious heavenly sect. The mountain's looked to be flattened from something along with the building ruins, strangely Omis found no corpses or skeletons, no signs of fighting.

 

Pushing his divine sense deeper into the mountain himself, he was able to find a small cave that seemed to be protected by a restriction array! Delighted at the thought of finding someone else beside him he tried to move his sense past the array and into the room. He momentarily paused as he divine sense clashed with the array, yet it was unable to do anything but stop him for a few breaths as it seemed to have been laid years ago, the array grew weak.

 

Inside, the cave was surprisingly big! to the left corner stood a mountain of of all sorts of shiny treasures, to the right was an entire library filled with thousands upon thousands of books! Yet nothing compared to what stood in the center of the hall. A huge praying mat was spread in the middle of the cave, on top a giant sat in lotus pose, the giant was easily over five meters tall while seated, his head was shaved clean while his skin was pure golden, what shocked Omis however was that the aura he felt from the giant was at first stage God realm! Yet the giant had no signs of life, he was dead.

 

Examining the body, there didn’t seem to be any signs of injuries. As a God realm cultivator, his body was intact and seemed to be very much alive, as it executed a stifling pressure all over the cave, Omis mentally gulped at the sight, whatever had killer the giant had done so without destroying his body. It made sense as there was almost nothing that could destroy a God. The only weak point was their soul...

Offering a mental prayer to the corpse, Omis slowly moved away from the cave and out of the mountain to continue his search, before suddenly stopping in place, he could feel a small aura to the south, it was small and insignificant yet he could not ignore it! It was a cultivator, and he was very much alive...

60