Volume 1, Chapter 4. I trust in you.
367 12 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Melody of the Heart is the first part of the Prologue Arc is

all about the MC's growth in the heart.

Discord: https://discord.gg/SWj44TB.

Patreon (The Melody of the Heart COMPLETE is in a bundle for all tiers above 3$): https://patreon.com/mihou.

Official Website (There is also a invite link to my Discord bot there): https://mihou.tk

A Dream Foretold.

Prologue Arc (1) - The Melody of the Heart.

 

It was a soft, yet inaudible voice… which caused me to be confused, it was most likely nothing but random mumbles from her as such, I ignored what she was saying and asked in a loud voice, “If you truly wanted to be my happiness, my laughter, my cries, my joy, and my sorrow, then what can you do about my situation?!”

 

“No one has approached me these few days, even the maids at the mansion have ridiculed me, think about it, would you drink rough, cold tea? Would you eat bread that was as if stone?” I screamed while slapping her face as hard as I could.

 

It was a hard slap, one that was loud enough to echo throughout the entire room… I was stunned by my actions and became conscious as I looked at her cheeks which were painted with a thick red mark, my heart stopped… it froze literally.

 

“I… I… am… sorry….!” I apologized before, out of the blue, she placed her hand over my cheeks as if about to slap me back, I closed my eyes before her voice once more whispered into my ears like the melody of a piano.

 

“My Princess, you don’t have to be sorry… (rather… it should be I who should apologize),” she said.

 

I couldn’t fully hear what she said at the end, but what she said forced me to open my eyes as her jade, pink eyes were before me like crystals glimmering under a dungeon, her cold yet smooth lips were touching my left cheek… strangely enough, her lips were as if a drug, a drug to calm down the raging spirit inside of me.

 

“As I said before… I will be your everything, I will be the light to bring you future to the state that it should be… but, that is as long as you allow me to…” she whispered once more, but this time, in a voice filled with grief, sadness and a voice that was similar to someone who was begging the deities to forgive their sins.

 

Soon after she finished whispering, she soon backed away from me… running outside, leaving behind drops of what seems to be water… it sounded faint but listening closely, one could hear tiny cries from her… it felt as if I had sinned.

 

“Hey… wait!” I shouted, but it was too late as she had already reached the door, peeking once more as her jade, pink eyes were tainted with tears, her beautiful eyes were covered with red veins… and just before she closed the door, she smiled at me… a smile so beautiful.

 

‘Where had things gone wrong, what had I done wrong in my lifetime…’ I wanted to ask myself as my heart turned heavy, remembering those teary eyes of hers, her cheeks which were marked by my hands, and her beautiful smile despite the pain.

 

‘Where… how… what have I done, is there any light beyond this point…’ I cried in a soft, solemn voice, tears dripped from my eyes as I slammed my head on the desk, causing the hard, molded bread to fall to the floor.

 

‘Can I change my future…? Can I really make myself happy… can I not drag others with my sadness…?’ I mumbled amidst my cries, the cries that went unnoticed by others.

 

Slowly, I raised my head, staring out from the window before the entire scenery around me changed; it was as if magic was used, my room had turned into a forest… surrounded by thick snow, thick fog was all around me… it felt cold.

 

“Mama…” a voice cried from far away, it sounded like a voice from a girl and as if responding to the voice, my head all of a sudden turned to the direction of the voice, my feet ran towards the direction… I tried stopping my feet, but it was all for naught as my feet kept running.

 

“Mama… where are you…?” the voice once more called before I stopped on my tracks as I looked around before, out of the blue, my feet once more started running towards a certain direction… it was as if I was spectating a movie at first person.

 

And not long after, the voice from before became louder: “Mama…” as I kept running towards a certain direction before soon arriving before a cliff where a child sat by the rocks, surrounded by what seems to be green sharp-eared miniature creatures.

The creatures were tiny, very tiny… yet the weapons they held were large from axes to wooden mallets covered in thick and sharp nails. My face turned pale upon seeing the creatures that surrounded the child.

 

“Wait! NO!” I cried, but it was all once more for naught as my body moved by itself, running towards one of the gaps among the enclosure before the child’s face became clear, the child had cold red lips, her eyes were not clearly visible but yet, familiarity rose inside of me.

 

My feet kept moving until soon arriving before the child, only for everything to return back to normal… the foggy forest vanished, the child was no longer there and I was now looking out from my window where the sight of the black-haired lady knight running away from the residence entered my sight.

 

“No…” I cried to myself before unconsciously running out from my room without slippers, dashing through the hallways that were as if a maze whilst passing by the dozens of maids and butlers who had surprise painted all over their faces before soon arriving by the doorstep of the residence.

 

All of a sudden, my voice echoed around the residence, screaming towards the black-haired lady knight who was now by the gate of the residence: “If you truly wanted to be my happiness, my laughter, my cries, my joy, and my sorrow, then what can you do about my situation, Alice von Miary!”

 

Soon after I finished shouting, the black-haired knight stopped in her tracks… she didn’t move, she only stood by the gates as I slowly approached her whilst enduring the coldness that permeated my feet, arriving before the lady knight while reaching my hand towards her before… she turned around with tears painted all over her face.

 

Her jade pink eyes that were as if diamonds, covered in tears, her smooth face blush yet a smile was visible all over her face, a very bright smile that shrouded the surroundings with its shadow.

 

“Does that mean you have accepted me… my Princess…?” she asked in a soft, light voice.

 

“There’s no way I would accept you… idiot,” I replied while retracting my hand away as she squinted her eyes while smiling brightly before, all of a sudden, my view flipped around as she hugged me tightly under the cold, grass that was covered with snow.

There's no way I would accept you... baka!

Discord: https://discord.gg/SWj44TB.

Patreon (The Melody of the Heart COMPLETE is in a bundle for all tiers above 3$): https://patreon.com/mihou.

Official Website (There is also a invite link to my Discord bot there): https://mihou.tk

 

 

 

25