Volume 1. Chapter 10. The Moon Is Truly Beautiful.
226 12 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Dream Foretold.

Prologue Arc (1) – The Melody of the Heart.

 

The two of us kept crying, crying and crying until no tears left our eyes, by then, it was already late at night… the sun had vanished, leaving behind a sparkling sky with a single large noble blue moon floating large amidst the billions.

 

“Say… have we met before?” I asked Alice whilst wiping the tears on my eyes as she flinched suspiciously like last time, shaking her head in denial once more.

 

It felt like she was hiding something from me, almost like the two of us had a secret in the past… a secret that I had forgotten, a promise that I broke… that was what I felt upon seeing her hesitating eyes.

 

“Fine, I won’t pry any deeper…” I said whilst laying on the grass before the gravestone of my very own biological mother, looking at the starry skies that were before me… a sky with no trace of clouds, a beautiful noble sky.

 

“The moon is beautiful, isn’t it?” Alice, out of the blue, asked as she laid beside me with a look as if she had forgotten what I asked a few seconds ago.

 

“It is beautiful, I feel like I can die happy looking at it,1The MC is oblivious that it is a confession, shush.” I replied whilst looking back at the skies before turning my attention to Alice who was resting beside me, her jade pink eyes were right in front of me like jewels.

 

Her jade, pink eyes that were as precious as the skies, those jade, pink eyes that reflected the entire starry skies… those beautiful, yet calm pink eyes that were as if bewitching, paired with her soft mellow skin and her moist, red lips with no trace of lipstick.

 

“Have you fallen for me?” she asked before I looked back at the skies whilst shaking my head, “Who would fall for you, idiot…” as a chuckle came out from her, a soft chuckle filled with an odd emotion, was it joy or was it empathy?

 

“Well, even if you won’t fall for me… (I already fell for you),” she said before a large gust of wind blasted through my ears as if to block me from hearing the last few words she had said, it was the same last time…

 

“What did you say…? Can you repeat it?” I looked at her and asked before she shook her head as a smile blossomed on her face, a tempting smile that made my hand tremble… a smile that wants you to protect it, to keep it with you for your lifetime.

 

“It feels like a long time had passed, right…? It’s only been a day, yet it feels like a week had passed by… do you regret accepting my offer…?” she asked with a wry smile, her tone lacked the confidence she always showed… it disgusts me.

 

“You truly are an idiot, even if I wanted to regret, what would come out of it?” I replied whilst standing up before the wry smile on her face grew, disgusting me even more as I frowned my eyebrows before reaching a hand towards her, “Whatever… I am hungry already; do you have any good place to eat?”

 

“Do you like sweets?” she asked whilst grabbing my hand as she pulled herself towards me, stopping a few inches before my body before dusting off her dress which was slightly dirtied by the grass.

 

“What if I say, I don’t like sweets? Would you have an alternative?” I replied before she placed her hand on my shoulder whilst showing a smirk, “I have more than a billion alternatives on hand, do you wish to test each and every one of them?”

 

“It would be my pleasure to try each and every one of them, but in exchange, I want to hear stories about my mother since from the looks of it, the two of you seem to know each other a lot when she was still here…” I said before she inquired, “Are you sure you can handle the stories?”

 

It was a reasonable question, even I, myself don’t know whether I can handle the stories about her… yet I still wish to know more about her… I wish to become strong… strong enough to pioneer the waves that strike my boat, to pioneer my fate.

 

“If I can’t handle that much, then take it as I have no courage to become a knight…” I replied before she smiled, “How many times should I tell you that knights are humans, every person has a weakness whether it will be their past or people they can’t forget.”

 

“Is that so, then I wish to become a knight who has no weakness, then… if I am not able to become a noble like the one in my dreams, then I want to become a knight who will protect other’s smiles,” I said before a sympathetic look appeared all over her face as we walked towards a pathway.

 

“What if I told you that you still have a chance to become a noblewoman like in your dreams, don’t you think the system of this Empire is too flawed… too discriminating to us?” she questioned before I shook my head.

 

“Even if I have a chance to become one, I won’t take the chance anymore… I want to become strong; I don’t want to become someone who will always be protected, who always hides behind someone… I want to become an eagle.”

 

“I feel as if the system has always been intentionally flawed, in hopes for someone, in hopes for us who falls into the flaw to rise and become someone phenomenal… to become someone who should be a role model to all the people like us,” I said as we walked further into the pathway before the city lights became clear.

 

“According to the history books, the twin Goddess were ones who suffered a tragic past… the Goddess Althea on her childhood apparently experienced her most beloved people dying in front of her, whilst the Goddess Alisha was apparently blind at first and was abandoned by the people she trusted the most.”

 

“I wonder if the two of them had intentionally made the system flawed to allow us to become strong, to show us that in life, there is no easy path… that one must become strong in order to live in this suffocating world, is that what you wish to say?” Alice said as I nodded.

 

“Think about it, has there ever been someone in the history books that has no experienced tragedy, has not experienced the emotion of pain, despair, and sorrow? I don’t think there is any, right?” I replied before she smiled, “There is one, actually… the Princess of the former Alverost Empire, the clumsy witch of the Empire, Iris.”

 

“Well, does the history book even record everything…?” I refuted, attempting to hide my embarrassment after such a failed statement before a giggle came out from her mouth as she said, “I get what you mean, you wish for me to take you in and train you to become a knight right?”

 

“If you get what I want, then don’t ask!” I shouted before a cute chuckle left her mouth as she hugged me tightly before the two of us reached the city gates, “I understand, don’t worry… I will teach you as much as I can.”

 

 

“My lady, do you still wish to kill your sister…?” a black-haired butler with white pupils asked the blue-haired lady who was sitting by the city gates, watching over the two contrasting-hair ladies as they walked towards the city gates.

 

“Prince Louis, do you dare question my words again…? I love my sister a lot, even if we are only half-blood but as you said, it is inevitable to kill people of the same blood to survive in this cruel world,” the blue-haired lady said before the black-haired butler sighed.

 

“Whatever you wish, my lady…” the butler said as the blue-haired lady whistled throughout the night, kicking her feet in the air several times as she stared at the two approaching ladies before snapping her finger as the two of them vanished like the night sky.

- Prologue Arc Part One END -

 

 

16