Volume 1, Chapter 14. Temple of the Twin Goddess.
318 8 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Happy Birthday (on my side [GMT+8]) to you, @Yairy.

https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/29863/yairy/

I recommend you all to read her stories, they are great!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/128519/sleeping-princess/

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/170069/holloweve/

A Dream Foretold.

Prologue Arc (2). Letters to Me.

The sound of bells echoed throughout the room, each and every person who was kneeling on a stool looked up at the twins with reverence on their eyes, respect; the bells didn’t stop ringing as Alice held my hand and dragged me towards the end where a lady with beautiful pink hair and a man with blue hair stood by with a book on their hand.

“Welcome to the Temple of the Twin Goddess, Princesses!” the two said whilst standing upright as if equals to the two of us, the aura around the two were divine, pure and the look on their eyes were piercing.

“Thanks for the warm welcome, Saintess Sophia and Archbishop Lucia… I hope I didn’t disturb both of your praying periods by coming here without notice,” Alice said as the man shook his head with a smile before replying to Alice, “There is no issue at all, to meet both the holders of the Sun Spirit and the Moon Spirit at the same time is a great pleasure to us.”

“To be able to see through the spirits we hold, those titles of yours truly doesn’t disappoint,” Alice smiled as she turned towards me before introducing the two, “As you may have heard, the lady to the right is the Saintess of the Twin Goddess, Sophia Angelina whilst to the right is the Archbishop of the Temple of the Twin Goddess, Lucia Asterisk.”

“The two of them will be the ones personally conducting your attribute tests and other stuff related to such as per the tradition of the Empire and the Temple, are you fine with that?” she asked.

“I am fine, what should I do about these tests?” I inquired before the pink-haired lady walked towards me, holding her book by her elbow as she widens her eyes before a pink glow enshrouded both of her eyes.

It felt cold, far colder than winter; my body shivered, almost like I was buried in a thick layer of snow… trembling, I clenched my hand out of surprise before falling down to my knees as the coldness vanished like a passing dream.

“What are the results?” Alice asked as she kneeled beside me, holding my hand tightly as the lady’s voice like an echo inside a cave sounded throughout the entire room, “The other side of the light, lies a thin veil covering a river where the lady stands…”

Soon after she finished chanting the first sentence, her voice turned gloomy…. The atmosphere around the room drastically dropped as she continued with her body trembling: “The birth of the second moon shall bring disaster upon the lands; the fall of the first moon is inevitable, so is the rage of the sun that shall bury the lands with fire.”

“Rivers, floods, and a wall of water shall cover the land after, and so continues the gloom of the world as the first moon descends to the endless darkness…” she said before her voice reverted, bringing along the atmosphere of the room once more.

“A year of gloominess, the world shall see the disappearance of the only sun who chases after the moon as the two unites, enshrouding the fake with their light and returning the peace of the world,” she ended before silence ensued as confusion rose all over my head.

I wanted to ask what all of those meant, was it some kind of oracle or was it some kind of made-up story of her… the feels I received despite the shortness was too real, it was as if I was listening to the voice of the Goddesses.

“What do the sayings mean?” Alice asked, tightening the grip of her hand which held mine as the Saintess took a deep breath before replying to the two of us, “The two of you shall know in the future, this lowly one has been prohibited to speak of the true meaning…”

“Prohibited… by whom?” Alice questioned before the Saintess shook her head, answering to the curious us with a wry smile, “The twin Goddesses has forbidden any of those who understood of the true meanings of the words spoken to speak.”

“Is that so, then can we ask for the results instead…?” Alice requested with an unsatisfied look on her face as the pink-haired lady, who was supposedly the Saintess nodded before walking towards a nearby altar and taking out a papyrus filled with writings all over it before handing it to the two of us.

[Amelia von Amaya]

- Princess of the Amaya Archdukedom.

[Attributes]

- Darkness, Wind.

[Bio]

- The daughter of the Archduke of Amaya, born from the former Princess of Miary, the former Priestess of Miary, inherits her dual-tone attribute consisting of both Darkness and Wind.

“To think such technology exists…” I mumbled with surprise over how “detailed” papyrus was, to be able to write a bio containing my attributes which I didn’t even know until now is impressive which was as expected of the temple.

“You truly have the opposite of my attributes, mine are Light and Earth which is a direct contrast to yours… the world is truly mysterious,” Alice said with awe as she smiled at me before handing the papyrus back to the Saintess as she bowed with elegance.

“Thank you for lending your time, Saintess Sophia and Archbishop Lucia,” Alice said as she bowed down, taking me by surprise as I followed suit before a man’s voice replied, “There is no need to thank us, after all, we heard something intriguing that will keep us busy for some time.”

“Well, I wonder if I can hear about that certain intriguing thing in the future… since I am interested as well,” Alice said as the two of us stopped bowing and simply looked at the other side who was all with smiles.

“That is if fate allows so,” the Archbishop chuckled as Alice simply smiled before bowing down once more as she said, “True, we will head out first, Archbishop… once more, thank you for lending both of your time.”

“No problem, feel free to come back whenever… the Temple will always welcome the two of you,” he replied before Alice and I sent our last goodbyes to the two before leaving the temple with an exhausted look.

The scent of fresh air and the warmth of the sun that gazed upon us greeted us upon exiting the temple… despite the exhaustion, it felt satisfying to have come out of the temple for some reason… almost like a blessing was granted.

“Are we heading back home now?” I asked before Alice shook her head as she responded to me with a suspicious smirk, “We have one more place to go to today, do you want me to tell you where that is now or find it out yourself?”

It felt strange, normally I would go ahead and ask where but for some odd reason, I felt interested and intrigued to see where she might take me again… whether it’d be to the butcher or to another log shop, my mood was good enough to head anywhere today.

“I’ll find out myself later, take me there then as long as you buy me dinner later,” I replied as she winked before the two of us ran out of the temple, running throughout the cityscape… or rather, I was being dragged throughout the cityscape.

The two of us kept running, flying through the crowds of people and the dozens of vendors and shops that surround us before soon arriving before a large building of wood, filled with dozens of men and women dressed in adventurous clothes.

Amongst the crowd were people who held large wooden wands, men who wielded large swords on their backs and women dressed in black clothes with short daggers hanging on their waists, some held atrocious scythes, and also some who wielded spears.

It seems as if a gathering of adventurers, explorers, and hunters… even children ran around the building with smiles on their faces despite the terrific appearance of the people that surrounds them, it was an odd building, to say the least.

“Where is this?” I asked before Alice took a step ahead of me, twisting as she looked at me with a smirk, “This time, we are going to register on the infamous Kingdom Guild which is said to have existed before the birth of the Twin Goddess.”

Happy Birthday (on my side [GMT+8]) to you, @Yairy.

https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/29863/yairy/

I recommend you all to read her stories, they are great!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/128519/sleeping-princess/

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/170069/holloweve/

13