Chapter 16. Our Winter Kiss.
620 8 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Happy Birthday (on my side [GMT+8]) to you, @Yairy.

https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/29863/yairy/

I recommend you all to read her stories, they are great!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/128519/sleeping-princess/

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/170069/holloweve/

A Dream Foretold.

Prologue Arc (2). Letters to Me.

As if the voice of the thunder, claps echoed throughout the training ground as Alice’s voice erupted everywhere, “Well then, does she qualify to be an adventurer now?”, snapping all of us back to reality… except for the man on the wall, of course as from the looks of it, he seems to be either dead or unconscious.

“Yeah… as expected of the student of the Demon Light Princess…” the lady from the counter responded before she calmly walked towards the man who was still stuck on the wall, peeling him off with only her strength making it an unbelievable scene as she laid him on the floor before placing her hand on his stomach as a tiny glow appeared on her hand.

The glow was not visible until you take a closer look, the atmosphere it carried was soothing… or should I say divine… and as if a miracle from the heavens, the glow vanished as the pupils of the man which were previously white returned to normal whilst the scratches and wounds on him vanished as he stood up and dusted off his shirt like nothing had happened.

“That is what we call, healing magic. A type of magic that is commonly used by water magicians though we, Dark and Light magicians can use their own healing… if you can handle the grotesque appearance that is while healing…” a voice spoke from beside as I turned around before the figure of the murky haired lady, Achelois appeared with her two fat muscles resting on both of her arms.

Her dress was about, as usual, a black semi-translucent laced dress that seemed almost like a nightdress; her hair was combed in a crown braid which was no different from her usual hairstyle, which also applies to me… though, for some reason, a question appears on my mind. I wonder if she smells… should I run away from her?

“I do take baths on the spirit world…” she answered, looking at me with a wry smile as if she had read my mind before I shook my head and replied, “I didn’t ask, you know…” before the wry smile on her face grew as she sighed before the bulky man together with the lady from the counter and Alice approached us with smiles.

“Yaaah! I never should underestimate this devil, her abilities even in teaching truly lives up to her reputation! Not to mention, that spirit is the legendary Moon Spirit, Achelois huh… no wonder why I was blasted away in a single strike!” the man said with enthusiasm as Alice showed a proud yet confident smile.

“Anyways, congratulations on your enrollment to the guild… Amelia-sama!” the lady from the counter said as she bowed down before continuing, “I am sorry for underestimating your abilities, I hope you can forgive me and the Guild!” as I shook my head.

“It’s fine, at the very least, I understand that the Guild cares a lot for the people… I mean, with my appearance, it would be weird if people thought I couldn’t even handle a sword… even I would think so myself,” I said before the lady from the counter stood upright before taking out a card from her pocket before handing it to me as I took it.

“As you have defeated the Rank B, Gilbert in a single strike that makes you around the ranks of a middle B-rank and considering that you still haven’t taken any missions that will allow you to be of Rank C, and some missions that allow the approval of a Rank B Lower Class as well as some reputation, we can only raise your rank up to Rank D…” she explained as I looked at my card which seems to look empty.

“Do you need an explanation about the ranking system, the reputation system, and the rank levels… or do you wish for Alice to handle that instead?” she inquired as I smiled, “I’ll listen to all the explanations, please go on,” before she continued as time passed.

To summarize, each rank in the guild has five levels, the lowest class which limits your quests to gathering, the low class which allows you to fight monsters at the very minimum of the rank’s monster level range, the middle class which allows you to fight monsters at the middle range of the rank’s monster level range and the higher classes which releases all the limits.

Each rank also has what they call a monster level range which is an identifier to how strong a monster is, take, for example, a slime which is considered the lowest level is at considered Monster Level 1 whilst a Dragon which is at the highest has unknown.

The ranking goes from SS to F which is normal if you think about it, with letters, it is easier to memorize it, in comparison to the supremely hated numbers which is hated because of mathematics in class.

After the long explanation, both Alice and I are finally out of the Guild, sat on a bench before the central fountain of the city with forks in our right hand and styrofoam containing some yakisoba, the two of us looked at each other and nodded before saying at the same time, “Thanks for the food, Goddess Althea!” as a tribute for the magnificent food she brought to the lands before eating at the same time.

“Yakisoba really tastes nice, especially the sauce used!” Alice exclaimed as she slurped on some more yakisoba before taking some from mine as she grinned, “Why are you stealing mine when you still have a lot on yours?!”

“Just because~!” she replied before the sounds of fireworks erupted above the skies as two stars appeared on the skies, two golden stars that shone brighter than most stars as snow fell from the clouds marking the official start of winter, December 22nd.

“Happy Winter, Alice…” I mumbled before she squinted her eyes and smiled, “Happy winter as well, Amelia…” as the two of us stared at one another until our faces became closer as both of our lips touched one another under the loud eruptions of fireworks and under the twin Golden Stars.

Happy Birthday (on my side [GMT+8]) to you, @Yairy.

https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/29863/yairy/

I recommend you all to read her stories, they are great!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/128519/sleeping-princess/

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/170069/holloweve/

12