Book 1:Chapter 4 ♠ The Amiable Esquire ♠
622 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

“Damn! What does the Lord want this early? I still feel sleepy. I’m starting to miss my bed already.” One of the yawning youth annoyingly said. Father! Do you know what does the Lord wants us to do?

The villagers were all feeling grumpy and odd. The old chief never told them to wake up this early. They were only told to finish the work they were assigned to. It doesn’t matter how long it takes, all they need was to finish things when they feel like it.

Though they don't want to follow the orders of the Lord. They felt forced to after hearing the word punished. After all, they heard gossips from nearby villagers that it was always better to get to the good side of the Lord. 

Some scary stories and songs were even circulated around by traveling poets. Narratives about villagers getting whipped, a tragedy of family who all faced guillotine or even stories about hanging after not heeding the lord. 

The villagers don't have a habit of taking chances. 

Anyway, who wants to get his head cut off or get hanged?

Clack..clak..clack..

“Pshhh! Shut up, boy! Someone is coming, he may hear you!.” The father of the youth angrily whispered to his son, his voice hissing in agitation.

Suddenly, a loud and powerful voice came crashing down from an amiable middle-aged-looking man. The man was sitting on the back of a hulking horse, his back straight like a war spear, his eyes shining as his soft gaze landed at the villagers. Seeing the affable look of the man, the villagers signed in relief. It seemed like the Lord wasn't going to make them do something unreasonable.

“Attention! Good morning men of Lothar.” The gentle voice was coming from one of the esquires of the Lord. “My name is Davin, I am assigned by the Lord last night to drill and train you on how to become proud and true men.”

Hearing what the esquire had said, most of the villagers paled.

The word "training or work" was something that the men of Lothar loathed to hear.

Having no hands-on-ruler for a long time had dulled the meaning of training for the villagers. As the idlers increase in the village, the village's prospect for further improvement also dims along the way. No wonder the old chief looks so old and haggard. Handling a mouthful of these man-childs was a backbreaking task.

The village was lucky enough to not meet any monster attacks, unlike the other areas. Peace could be considered as a double-edged sword. Though it could bring prosperity, too much of it could destroy a nation's foundation, like a termite it would slowly eat up the foundation and building blocks of a good nation. The foundation called "man".

Seeing the lackadaisical faces of the villagers the esquire's sharp brows jerked as his furious voice boomed all across the village outskirts.

“What the heck! The f*@k! I hate those faces! You maggots. When I say the word training you smile! When I say run you’ll smile then run! When I say crawl you smile while crawling!” The esquire shouted in a frenzy as he continuously swore right at the dim-witted faces of the villager. “F*@ktards! Where are your balls? If I still see any of such faces. I promised you, I'm gonna squeeze those little willies under your pants. Do you get me!”

Gehkk..Yes..

Yes, sire…

“…”

After being cursed for their unseemingly faces,  the villagers were shocked. They never thought that the affable looking esquire toted such a beastly mouth. The villager's paling faces shifted its hue to various colors after being showered with the esquire's saliva.

The esquire slowly mounted off his sturdy horse and walked to a nearby seemingly hundred-year-old tree.

It was an oak tree.

With one look you could already tell how tough it was, its ambitious branches reaching towards the sun, swaying with whistles of the wind its leaves moved.

Gazing a gargantuan oak tree,  the muscles in the esquire's thin arms suddenly squirmed. A metallic sheen could be seen on its surface.

Bang!

His arms suddenly struck the innocent tree, a crevice gingerly appeared on its body. Like sliced tofu, the trunk of the oak splitted into two, and with a creaking sound, it fell to the ground. Slowly but surely...

The once proud oak tree was no more - it was now as good as firewood.

With one punch it was a goner.

Seeing this the villagers' jaws almost fell on the ground unbelieving. 

The stupefied faces of the lazy guys made the esquire grin. 

“Alright, men let's start the practice. So I say! Trraaaiiinniiingg!” The esquire Davin bellowed imposingly.

Hearing the word “training”, the villagers immediately put on their best smiles. It was a sight to behold.

Their smiles were so twisted like they were coerced to ate horse manure. Some were cramped, some were crooked, and some were just… mind-boggling wonders.

Unknowingly, the angry yells of Davin eventually reached the ears of the other villagers near the outskirts.

Thus, a new myth in Lothar was formed. 

It was said that in the east of the village outskirt lies a monster with a beastly mouth.

The villagers near the outskirts even forced the old chief to release an announcement to warn of its danger.

But that’s another story for later.

Ok... sorry, I accidentally put up chapter 5 instead of chapter 4, Tehe☻. Anyway, you'll be going to get 2 chapters today to make it up for my clumsiness! Keep the blood pumping! Please click that heart shape bastard on the right side below, that'll help me pump up chapters faster.. hehe

8