Prologue – Dream under Tree
190 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(????, ???, ??)

(???)

 

There he is.

In a cold and dark place

Lying helplessly in a pool of blood, amidst the pile of corpses that surrounded him.

Heavy wounded and bruised all over his body, he was on the verge of death.

His face was painted with sorrow and regret. His eyes stared into nothingness as if he was trying to see something beyond.

Slowly, his sight faded into the darkness. It takes him onto to journey of an eternal dream.

 

********************

**********

*****

 

In the depth of darkness, someone called him.

"_______"

Its voice feel sounded came from a distant dream.

"________"

Coming from something he been lost, longed for, couldn't get back.

"__________!"

Slowly he opened his eyes.

‘Bugh!’

"Gahak!"

And woke up by the pain in his stomach.

Rather, someone has jumped into his stomach.

“What!?”

He found a girl sitting on his stomach. It seems she has glared at him.

"Hey, ‘___’! Until when you want to sleep!?"

"Just what are you doing!?"

"Don't you see it? I was waking you up"

"Then why with a kick?"

"It's your fault, to refused woken up, you know"

"Even so, don't use violence!"

"But it’s works"

"You little shit!"

"Why you angry? A kind girl like me has bothered to wake you up, you know"

"Kind-hearted girl, won't kick someone to wake him up!"

Talking to her truly infuriated him. Although for some reason, that didn’t make him hate her. on the contrary, he felt quite fond of their little bickering.

As it was something very nostalgic.

They continued their little bickering for a while. Meanwhile, he looking his surrounding.

After coming to his senses, he looked around. He was on a small hill in the middle of a flower field. There was a great tree behind him. It had a big stout trunk, fresh green leaves, and many white flowers adorned it. Especially the flower, that’s looking like a bunch of shimmery pearls.

It seems he had been asleep for quite a while. He saw that the sky was getting dark. He looked around more clearly once again and found.

An evening light shone on the flower field.

Fireflies flying over the flowers.

The flowers glittering a faint amber light.

The wind hit, blew away the flower petals, creating a mystical scene around him.

That Scene, he should have seen it many times. However, just this time he was truly fascinated. It’s like, just now he noticed just how beautiful it was.

Somehow, all those views seemed like a distant dream for him. That like, he forgot something really important.

like he missing something important -

like he losing something so dear -

"Don't just ignore me!"

He snapped out from his reverie.

For a moment, he forgot what he was doing. He then recalled it.

"If you want not to be ignored, just treat me more gently".

"Well, I'll try it".

"Bullshit. You've said the same thing before. But, you always treat me so roughly".

Not only this time. Since long ago, he was often being treated harshly. He recalls the times he was treated so harshly.

{Eh?}

Somehow, he couldn’t remember the event.

"So, what do you want me to do?"

"Eh? don't know?"

"Pfftt! What’s that. You just don't know what you want me to do after all this?".

"Hey, I've run out of idea to how to handle a tough girl like you"

He felt exhausted just talking to the girl. This girl seems always had a lot of energy just mess with him. She is always cheerful and active at all times. That part of her, he came to like and hate.

Suddenly, a scene flashed through his eyes.

A scene where a girl being stabbed by a sword while leaning on a tree.

The girl for some reason looked similar to the girl in front of him.

A sudden feeling mix of discomfort and anxiety enveloped him.

It felt like he wasn't aware of something important.

"Hey, what's wrong with you?"

"I'm fine"

"Are you sure? Your look pale".

The girl was worried about him. The girl's face reminded him of the scene he had just seen.

(It's just delusion)

After reassuring himself, he calmed the anxiety he was feeling.

"I'm absolutely sure. Who do you think I am"

"Hahaha, you're right"

She laughed at his behavior. It's just that, there a trace of sadness in her eyes even for an instant. The inside her eyes there feel sorry be reflected.

Noticed that. The anxiety came back to him. This time it felt deeper.

As if not seeing his anxiety, the girl looked at the darkened sky.

Silence enveloped them. For a moment, not a single word left from their mouths.

He decided to ask something.

"Hey, why are you here?"

He realized the origin of his discomfort and anxiety.

Who am I?

Why can't he remember anything?

And, the girl in front of him.

Who is her?

He felt he should someone close to her, knows a lot thing about her. Someone who is very important to him. Someone who is always by his side. She the one who should have to share happiness with him. She was his happiness.

So, why don't I remember a bit about her?

Who?

Who!?

Who is her!!?

When he tried to look at her face, the figure he was looking at blurred. He couldn't see her, no matter how hard he tried.

It suffering him. He felt that he was missing something important little by little. Worse, he didn't know what he had lost.

Suddenly, many unknown scenes flashed through his mind. At first, they looked happy. However, they turned into nightmares.

A man cried with the corpse of the girl in his arms.

A man slashed furiously at a group of people.

A man was humiliated and tortured beyond insanity.

A man was betrayed by his friend.

A man stood atop the mountain of corpses.

A man stared in despair in front of the stabbed girl.

A man watches the burning great white flowery tree.

A man dying alone in the darkness

Those scenes played again and again inside his mind. Mentally torturing him,

His mind became dizzy, his breathing became uncontrollable, cold sweat poured out, he could faint at any moment.

Then, someone hugging him. That her. the girl is hugging him. Her embrace was warm and comfortable, something that had been disappeared from him a long time ago.

"It’s okay"

She comforted him. Not in her usual harsh demeanor, but in a gentle one that seldom coming from her.

He felt there’s warmth in his eyes.

"Why did you come here?"

He repeated his question. He felt his voice grow hoarse.

For a moment, she was silent.

"I want you back"

She said softly

"Back?

When he heard what she say. He felt like crying. For a moment he remembered many things. and just this moment, he realized a lot about himself.

They coming to him. He remembers the sadness, anger, humiliation, misery, and tragedy that had befallen him. He lost everything he had. His friends, his family, his loved ones, even his home.

"Where?"

He had long since lost a place to return to. If he returns, only suffering and solitude await him there. Not even a memory left there.

He didn't want to come back.

‘I don't wanna go back.’

He started crying in her arms. All of the sorrow and loneliness he had accumulated was pouring out at this moment. He cried just like a child.

When he became a little calmer. He found himself lying on the girl's lap. She stroked his head gently.

"hmm♪… hmm♬… hm♪…"

While she humming the song he liked when he child.

Hearing that gives him a little tranquility. However, there’s so much sadness and misery to be left in his heart.

He just wanted to continue sleeping like this.

Just lying peacefully like this on her lap.

However, he didn’t even have a choice. He knew he must go, even though he wanted to refuse to go.

That’s because...

"You promised"

Yes, he promised her, to them.

In one of many scenes he saw;

There group of children. They gathered under a white flowering tree, they came and played under it every day. One day, under the tree their pinkies are touching each other, making a promise together.

That promise used to give him hope. Now, become something like a curse for him.

"This is so cruel"

He muttered sadly.

"Hmm"

She answering his murmuring.

She knew that choice was very cruel for him. He was so tired and worn out by all the things he was going through. Even so, she still wanted him to come back.

She wanted him to live.

To out from this eternal dream.

This time, they stayed in place for quite a while.

Enjoying their time together.

"Just how long do you want to lie down like this? Lift your ass and get out of here!"

“Wha?”

Suddenly, she gave him a thundering roar and pushed him up.

He can just laugh wryly at her sudden change in attitude.

After this, everything will be forgotten. All his previous memories and experiences will be faded.

Including this dream.

"Then, see you later"

For last, he didn't think this will their last meeting. Deep down he hoped, one day they would meet again.

"See you later, and just go"

She shoos him.

Before he left, looking his surrounding for the last time and found there were many people watching him from a distance. Even from distance, he can look like they’re waving at him.

He waved back them before a bright light engulfed him.

Then, darkness surrounded him again. The ground disappeared, it felt he was felling in the darkness.

"Now, wake up"

He heard her voice from afar one last time.

And he returns to darkness.

 

4