Chapter 8 – Arc Acceptance
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(1336 Mose, Merkutrith, 2st day, Roumay)

(Moored City)

 

(Arc's POV)

 

Sunrise through the horizon brightening the ground of Alicia. The flower blooming and the bird sings welcoming the new day. The light passed through the window of the mansion, hitting Arc's sleeping face. Arc awakens to the glare of the sun.

Arc sat up. He found himself in a comfortable bed in some unknown room. His body wrapped with bandages. There was some smell of medicine around his body. The ragged cloth he wore yesterday turned into an expensive white robe around his size. It isn't right, the robe a little cramped on him.

Turned his head for meanwhile, trying to remember yesterday's events. He remembered after he took Misha's hand, all the tiredness he got caught him. And, he immediately passed out.

He then finds the sword he was carrying leaning against the nearby wall. He was relieved to find the sword. He felt the sword was the only thing left from what was precious. The only thing that connects him with something he had forgotten.

He jumped down from the bed.

After stretch out his body a little. Arc finds all of his wounds healed. His body no longer felt tired and painful. Besides, the terrible scars that had left on his body, he had been fully recovered.

That amazed him a little, considering how bad his state yesterday.

"A..rc, ..huh.."

Arc remembered the name he gave yesterday. For some reason, the name just came out of his mouth. He didn't know if the name was his name before he lost memory or something that just appeared, just to answer Misha's question.

'creak'

Suddenly the door opened. A short red-haired woman wearing a black dress and white apron entered the room. She carried a small water bucket and some tray medicine in her hands.

“Ah”

Apparently, she was surprised to see Arc.

"You've awake."

She put what she was carrying on the table. Then, check the Arc's condition.

Arc just kept staring at her silently. He felt it would be fine if he just did nothing. And letting her checked his body.

"Wow, you recovered this fast."

She looks amazed.

“..Who..?”

Arc asked. After Misha healed him, his throat felt smoother.

"Ah, sorry. I'm Everyne family's maid, Nisself."

“..Eve..ryne..?”

Everyne, that's Misha's last name. He recalls it when Misha gave her name.

"..Where… the.. girl..?"

“The girl?”

Nisself tilted her head.

"Ah, you must mean, Young Lady! She is now in another room with her family. If you want, I can take you to meet her."

“..Meet..her…Can..I…?”

Arc thought it better to meet Misha first. Now, he has quite lost in what to do next.

"Yes. If you are still not recovering, you may have to endure it, but you have recovered enough you can go." She said.

"Even so, he recovers very quickly. I have to report it to master."

Nisself is murmuring something so quietly that Arc can't hear it.

"Follow me, -ah."

"Hmm?"

"Can you give your name?"

"..Arc…"

"Ok, Arc. Please, follow me."

"...Wait…"

Arc took the sword. He carrying while hugged it. Nisself was quite taken aback by his actions.

"Arc, would you rather leave it here."

"..."

Arc tightened his embrace. His attitude showed that he insisted on carrying the sword.

"'Sigh' Alright. Again, Arc. Please, follow me"

Arc follows Nisself.

The two of them walked through the corridor and came to some large door.

"Here"

The word Nisself indicates the door.

"..Not…coming..?"

"It would be better if you enter alone."

Arc fell slightly doubtful with her words. He opened the door and entered the room.

When he entered, he felt heavy air spreading in the room. He looks at the source. And, find Misha sitting at the table with four other people.

 

********************

**********

*****

 

(Misha’s POV)

 

Misha sat up at the mansion dinner table.

Right now, her father and three siblings glared at her.

Misha was sweated by their gaze, Especially from Almer's glare. If people can just be killed with a glare, then Almer's glare since the morning kills her by now.

There is a reason why Misha in this situation, and that was her fault again. It's because of Arc, an unknown slave. She helps and takes care of him in their base with no one knowing.

Since yesterday they have been busy with their duty, so they late home and didn't hear anything about Arc. They just heard that this morning. Truthfully, they quite angry at Misha's action. For them, sheltering a Greezoth slave is just a reckless act.

Almer scold her fiercely in front of her family.

"Did you hear me, Misha? We know you just a little girl. That's why your behavior is mischievous and reckless. And, why we place sir Hubert on your side."

From the beginning, only he admonished Misha. It was a saving grace for Misha. If Misha got scolded by all of them, Misha might get a nightmare.

‘bang!’

“Hiiee”

“Misha, do you hear me!?”

“Yes!”

Misha promptly nodded her head.

"Firstly, just what do you thinking about bringing in an unknown slave here? Didn't you know just how dangerous slaves from this country? not just bring in, you even let him stay without us knowing! can you at least just tell us about that!?"

“…”

"You too, sir Hubert! You spoil her too much! Your duty is stopping her reckless behavior."

“I ashamed.”

Misha and Grandpa Jug just stayed with bowed head.

’Sigh’ It's enough, Almer.”

“But, brother Xelfas.”

“Yes, its already enough, Almer”

Xelfas and Eliphes calmed down Almer.

“Fine.”

Almer yielded dissatisfiedly. His look says there still a lot he wants to say.

Misha slightly relief looks it. She was already tired of Almer's scold. For briefly, she felt his eyes gleamed grimly at her. Must be just her imagination.

"Now, the problem is slave Misha bring in. What we have to do with that?" Eliphes speak.

"Yeah, we don't know what we have to do with that? Just how a slave can be here in the first place? I thought they all gathered in the south-west of the city." Xelfas insert.

"That right, the Acvoant kingdom have been gathered them all there."

"Must we give back that slave to them?" Almer ask.

"Ah, that..." Misha fearfully gets in.

‘Creak’

The door opened, and the slave being talked about entered. Looking at him, Misha's eyes wide opened. She didn't expect he will come here with all wounds he has. she assumes it would take time to heal before he could leave the bed.

The slave, that no it, Arc wears her robe now. His body has been covered with bandages. There was some smell of medicines on his body. She thought all of that ridiculous look was much better than his previous state.

"Why you here?!"

Misha asks, looking at the vacant look on his face.

"Because I call him." Says Duke Safron

"Uh, Father?"

"it's to judge him."

“Hah?” Misha uncertainly with her father's action.

"...Uhm...?"

Arc just tilted his head. He looks slightly baffled, from the heavy air of the room and the gaze of her siblings at him.

The three of them intently observe Arc, try to notice if there something unusual about him.

"So, it's him."

"Look like it."

"What your name?" Eliphes asked him unhurriedly.

Arc look at her shortly before answered.

"...Arc..."

"Ok, Arc. Why come here?"

Arc was perplexed by her question, unsure what she means by asking that he just answer honestly.

"... I...don't...know...?" Shook his head.

Eliphes looks at him, then nodded as though approving something.

The other two still glared at Arc. When they look Eliphes nodded, they look at each other before letting out of long sigh.

Duke Safron nods at them, while Misha and Arc are confused by their mysterious behavior.

Eliphes facing Duke Safron says.

"He somewhat different from the other Greezoth slaves. His gaze clear and bright, unlike the Greezoth slaves that were clouded and grim. Although, his previous state more much horrible than any of them."

Misha heard Eliphes last comment. She knows Eliphes has looked at his previous state.

"Is he really that bad?" Misha ask.

"Yes, he's that bad. It's even made me felt doubtful just how he managed to survive until now."

"But, he here." Misha pointed to Arc.

"And that another mystery of him."

"Ok, that enough." Duke safron spoke up.

"Misha, because you already take care of him, then I leave him to you." He says, deciding Arc's fate just like that.

"""What!?"""

Except for Eliphes, who seems to know something, and Arc, who seems didn't understand anything, all of them surprised by Duke safron's decision. They didn't expect he will accepting Arc that easily.

"Is it fine, Father?" Almer asks.

"That my decision."

Duke Safron firmly stated his decision. Almer silently nodded at him. With the decision already made, there was nothing to be discussed. And the meeting is done.

"Okay, Misha. You better take care of him. Understand!?"

"Yes!" Misha salutes before taking Arc's hand and go out of the place quickly.

"Wait." Duke Safron spoke up.

Misha stops before the door, looking at him.

"Tomorrow, Misha, you and the 1st army will back to the home country."

"Yeah?" She was quite startled to hear that.

"Our duty is done. There nothing left here to do, so tomorrow you will back home. Until then, just stay in this mansion library. Sir Hubert, you will stay accompany me."

"Understood." Answer Grandpa Jug.

While she was quite sad to part with Granpa Jug for some time, she glad can be going home. She is already quite fed up with the war, wished back to the peace of home.

"Okay." Misha back to get out.

This time she went to the library as his father says.

 

********************

**********

*****

 

(Arc’s POV)

 

After Arc and Misha out from the meeting in that room, the two of them walk toward the library. More precisely, Misha pulls Arc toward the library.

For some reason, she was bringing him with her.

"Where is the library~," Misha mumbling herself, looking at her Arc stays silent following her.

They reached some L-shaped corridor with three doors there, and there no one except them in the corridor.

"If it isn't wrong, it's should around here." Mumbling again.

They toward the nearby door. As Misha opened the door, Arc felt there something bad coming from the door.

"...Uhm..." He trying warned Misha.

But, it's too late.

When the door opened, they found a corpse in there. The corpse in a gruesome state. The black blood splashed to surrounding the wall. Three small swords stabbing it. And, it's empty socket eyes staring at them.

"Sorry, wrong door!"

'Bang!'

Immediately, Misha slamming shut the door. Slowly, stay away from that.

As if she never been open that door. Misha calmly reached toward the next door. As she opened the door, Arc felt there something bad coming from the door again.

"...Uhm...!" Arc try again to warn her. And, once again it's late.

When the door opened, they found there was two women corpse in the room. They were in a stark naked state. They're body littered with dirt, bruises, and something white. And, the whole room filled with the horrendous smell. This room more horrible than the previous one.

'Bang!'

Without a sound, Misha immediately slamming shut and stay away from the door. Arc can't help but look at Misha, she was twice open such the forbidden doors.

This time they just looking at the third door. Misha didn't brave enough to open the last door. Uncertain with something behind the third door. While they just stay silent, a fanciful armored man, he means a knight coming.

"Young Lady, why are you here?"

Arc just watched him talk with Misha.

Misha responded while pointed to the doors:

"Why they have been buried yet."

The knight looked to where Misha pointed at.

"They? Ah, Them. It's because The Order too busy yesterday."

He gives Misha a short explanation.

"'Sigh' Give them a proper buried later."

"Understood."

"Let's go, Arc." Misha back pulled Arc.

Before Misha go, she seemed to remember something.

"Hey, do you know where the library?"

"Library? isn't that on the opposite side of the mansion?"

"What?" Misha was surprised.

It seemed she was in the wrong way. Arc can see her ear redden.

"We're going now!"

Misha tries hiding her shame by running. Arc smile slightly, looking at her state.

 

********************

**********

*****

 

The mansion library was in messy condition.

Many of the books fall from the bookcase, littered on the floor. Some dust and debris covered the books. That what Arc and Misha were found when they entered the library.

Misha looks at the books scattered on the floor before picking the one near her feet. After flipping through the pages of the book, Misha closes the book.

"This place a little messy. Well, that not a problem, Arc. We sit there."

The two of them sit on seats near a window. Misha feels that was the best place for reading. The place quite bright and the wind blowing slightly was cool.

After taking the seat, Misha read the book she picks up earlier with Arc beside her. Arc just looking at her book with a frowning look, he can't read the words in the book.

Misha noticed Arc's expression. After being told to take care of him, she will do it seriously.

"What's wrong?"

Arc glanced at her hesitantly, try hiding his trouble.

Watching his way of acting, made her smile a little.

"It's okay! Just say it!"

After hesitation for a moment, he pointing at the book.

"...Can't...read..."

He little embarrassed of that, it seems he forgot how to read along with his memory.

"Ah, that's right. You were a slave."

Misha, who didn't know about that, was misunderstood his situation. She didn't know about his lost memory and think he can't read because he's were a slave.

"Well, you can study read after we back to my home, this I will read the book for you." She says.

"...Uhm..." Arc nods.

"This first, It's title is 'The History of Mose'." Misha shows the book in her arm.

"It says..."

Arc didn't understand most of Misha's read. What he catches is the Mose calendar created by a scholar named Mose weber.

In Mose calendar, there was 12 month;

- Merkutrith (1st month)

- Vetrith (2nd month)

- Bumitrith (3rd month)

- Marstrith (4th month)

- Jupitrith (5th month)

- Satutrith (6th month)

- Uratrith (7th month)

- Neptrith (8th month)

- Plutrith (9th month)

- Metetrith (10th month)

- Cometrith (11th month)

- Suntrith (12th month)

And, 8 days;

- Roumay (1st day)

- Oramay (2nd day)

- Jaunay (3rd day)

- Yermay (4th day)

- Blemay (5th day)

- Yiomay (6th day)

- Blacmay (7th day)

- Noirmay (8th day)

1 month is 32 days making it a total of 384 days a year.

After Misha finished, enough time has passed.

"How we take another book?"

"...Uhm"

Misha read aloud the book while Arc listens carefully. Until the sunsets from the horizon.

1