Chapter 5: Entering The Fortress
112 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Ron's POV-

The fortress was large on the inside. I felt a little bad for leaving Eric behind, but we needed to move on and stop the assassins. Luckily, there were no guards at the entrance on the inside.

"Forward!" instructed Jon.

"Did any of you guys know that the original version of this story skipped the twentieth page?" asked Kevin.

"Did you know that it had also had two page seventeens?" asked Tom.

"What the hell are they talking about?" I whispered to Jason.

"They must be on something." Jason answered.

"Guys," Jon said, "follow me if you want to live."

We all followed Jon down a long hallway.

"Freeze!" came out of nowhere.

Suddenly, we were surrounded by guards. Kevin took one of Harold's arrows and then shot a guard with it. Jason ran at the guards, swinging his sword all over the place. Before I knew it, most of us were attacking the guards. Three of us were doing nothing. I was one of those three. The other two were Timothy and Tom.

"Ron," Jon said as a guard shoved him to the ground, "do something!"

"What am I supposed to do!?" I exclaimed.

"I already told you," Jon answered, "all it takes is a three word sentence."

"I like cats?" I answered.

Suddenly, cats appeared all over the room and the guards were lost in a sea of cats. Soon, the cats left the room, bringing the guards with them.

"What just happened!?" I asked, in shock.

"You just used your power." answered Jon.

"Wow, I thought I was just going to be worthless." I answered.

"You guys are not worthless at all," Jon replied, "all of your powers work, whether in the form of a weapon or something that would seem unnatural to you."

Jon led us down another hallway. Soon we reached a dark room and all of us felt uncomfortable with the ambience of the room. We all stayed close together and tried not to get hurt by anything.

"You seem to care about this mission," Timothy said to Jon.

"Well, er… this doesn't have much to do with me," Jon answered, "all I did was fight the dragon three years ago."

Suddenly, Timothy and Tom saw something that nobody else in the room could see. It was as if they could see locks and chains over Jon's heart, which would mean he was hiding something.

"You're lying." said Tom.

"If that's true, you'll need some kind of evidence to get me to talk." answered Jon.

"Ugh… I… " Tom started.

"Calm down," said Timothy, "he's right."

"That information isn't really important right now." said Jon, "We'd better keep moving. I'm sure none of us here want to die."

We remained silent as we continued to walk.

 

-Some Guard's POV-

"Rick," I heard my boss say.

I ran up to her to see what she wanted. I then made eye contact with long blonde-haired woman that had purple eyes. Whatever she wanted me to do, I knew I was going to have to get done.

"Take the shovel." she instructed.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"I have never been more serious," she said, "just make sure that 'he' does not get involved or get hurt.

"He?" I asked, "Who- Oh! HIM! Yes, Boss."

I ran through the hallway and searched for the closet since I was asked to get the shovel. All of us here at Dragon Fortress knew that when asked to get the shovel, it's to dig up the black dragon's remains. I kept moving until I reached our supply closet.

Inside, I grabbed a golden shovel and ran out of the closet. Not long after that, I heard voices that I did not recognize. I tried to not worry and I focused on my task. I didn't know it at the time, but I was being followed. Once I made it to Dovacath, I dug up the dragon's remains and freed it form its prison. Our plan was to destroy Dovacath and work our way to world domination and possibly go even further. Then, I noticed who was watching me. It was some male spirit medium. This is when an evil plan came into my head.

 

-Ron's POV-

"Found it!" said Jon, joyfully.

"Found what?" asked Harold.

"Oh, a key." Jon answered, "Trust me. It's bad for our enemies.

"Um, where's Tom?" asked Jason.

"Wasn't he just here?" asked Kevin.

"He told me that he wanted to return to Dovacath," answered Jon, "all of you touch my shoulders and I will teleport us all there."

"Is there any reason we couldn't have just teleported to this fortress?" asked Hunter.

"I try to only use my power when necessary." answered Jon, "Since Tom went off on his own, there is the possibility that something has happened."

"Whatever." I said.

We all did as Jon had instructed us to do and he played a song on his whistle. We appeared before Dovacath and saw something terrible! The town was surrounded by flames and a black dragon was flying in the sky.

"Jon wasn't actually being racist." I whispered to myself.

"Looks like things are getting interesting." the hooded figure said.

"Who... are you?" I asked.

"Don't we have other things to worry about?" the hooded figure asked.

This person was right. We had to do something about what we just saw.

3