Chapter 12: The Forest Surprise
20 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone left was at the ruins of Dragon Fortress. Nothing was happening. All was silent.

"Nothing's happening." commented Harold.

"We might need to investigate a bit." answered Jason.

"Should we split up?" I asked.

"No," answered Jason, "if we do that, we'll have more deaths."

"Alright," I answered, "just one problem… there's nothing here."

We continued to stand around, doing nothing.

"So… are we going to do something?" I asked.

"I honestly don't know what we need to be doing right now." answered Jason.

"Should we wait or do something?" I asked.

I got no answer and all I heard was the sound of the wind. Suddenly, we heard the sound of something large hitting the ground.

"What the hell was that!?" exclaimed Harold.

Right in front of us was a train's engine, upside down.

"WHAT THE-!?" I exclaimed.

"He's near here." whispered Lilith.

"What was that?" asked Ron.

"Oh… nothing." answered Lilith, but Tom and Timothy could tell she was lying.

Another train fell on the ground right after that.

"We should ru-" I started, as everybody else ran ahead of me.

"Crap." I said when I realized what had just happened.

I hurried after them, dodging all of the trains that continued to fall from the sky.

"Wait up!" I shouted, as I continued to run after them.

The other people in my team had run ahead of me, so far that I couldn't tell who they were and I saw one of them get crushed by a train.

"Crap," I thought, "How many people are we going lose?"

More trains fell from the sky and as I got closer to the victim I heard a voice say, "I like trains!"

I soon reached the victim and discovered that it was Timothy. That was when I heard the voice again.

"I like trains!" it said, and soon after that another train fell from the sky. I turned and saw that guy from earlier.

"You…!" I said angrily.

"I like trains!" was his only response, which caused another train to fall from the sky.

"Yeah, well… I like cats!" I shouted.

Right after that, several cats appeared and trampled the "I like trains" guy, whose response was yet again, "I like trains!"

A train fell from the sky, crushing all of the cats and he slipped out unharmed.

"I like cats!"

"I like trains!"

"I like cats!"

We continued going back and forth for a while. Before I knew it, a swarm of cats was fighting the trains that fell from the sky. Suddenly, something unfortunate happened. All my enemy did was say that he liked trains! A giant train robot appeared right after that. After its appearance, I was on the ground on my knees.

"Oh my…" I started, but stopped when I saw an arrow go into the giant robot.

I looked behind me and saw Jason, Harold, Lilith, and Tom.

"That kid is going to die." said Harold.

"I like trains!" was all the kid had to say.

A train fell at an angle where it could have crushed Harold, who was luckily able to dodge it. Jason jumped at the train robot with his sword. Tom then shot magic white stuff from his magic rock (don't laugh; it's spiritual power). The robot then fell to the ground, all five of us running away as an explosion started. Luckily, none of us were caught in the blast.

"I like trains!" shouted the kid.

"This child doesn't know when to give up." I said.

"The kids are jerks." answered Jason.

"I like cats!" I shouted and a giant cat landed on one of the kid's trains, crushing it.

"I like trains, I like trains, I like trains…" kept coming from our enemy's mouth.

"Is that all he ever says?" asked Tom.

"It would seem so." answered Lilith, who pulled on Ron's shirt and saved him from a train that was about to land on him.

"Where's Timothy?" asked Jason.

"He's no longer with us." I answered.

"He didn't abandon us, did he?" asked Jason, "Or did he die?"

"Yes, he's dead." I answered, "Anyways, it is time we defeat this sack of crap!"

"I like trains!" said the kid.

"There are too many trains!" I exclaimed, "Uh… I like cats!"

The area flooded with cats and arrows. Jason was leaping through the air with this sword up high. He missed our enemy, but he was really close to getting him. The kid disappeared and all five us became still.

"HOLD IT!" came from far away.

"Who is it?" asked Harold.

"It's... ugh, why is the inquisitor here?" I responded.

When the inquisitor got closer he said, "I am here to arrest Lilith. She is under suspicion of murder… again."

0