Chapter 14: One Last Battle
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trains rapidly fell from above. We ran around searching for the kid from earlier, but he was hiding somewhere in the ruins.

"Where is he!?" asked Jason.

"All we know is that he's here." I answered, "The trains prove it!"

"Check under the trains." said a voice.

"Who was that!?" exclaimed Tom.

We all stood still and saw Jon, in Lilith's clothing!

"Hi guys!" he said, "Look under the trains!"

"Why are you-" started Tom.

"Isn't it obvious?" I responded, "He's being channeled by Lilith.

"But-" he started.

"Just go with it." I responded.

Everybody crawled under train after train.

"Found him!" shouted Jason as he struck the kid with his sword. The kid disappeared right after that.

"Guys," Jon said, "you were the right choice."

Right after Jon finished speaking, he was crushed by a train. Only four of us remained.

"Time to get serious," I said, "I LIKE CATS!"

That was when it began to rain cats. The people in my team who were still alive were suddenly swimming in a sea of cats. More trains were following.

"I LIKE CATS!" I kept shouting.

It was raining both cats and trains. Jason was swinging his sword all over the place, Harold kept shooting arrows, and Tom was shooting spiritual power from his magical rock. It was at that time that Tom was crushed by a train. As the remaining people in the team continued to swim through the cats, they saw something really bad. The dragon had been released again and a fire was spreading all over Dovacath.

"Just keep swinging." Jason sung to himself over and over as he just kept swinging his sword."

Harold kept shooting arrows, this time aiming at the dragon. The dragon's fire continued to spread and that was when more trains began to fall. At the moment, a voice said "I like trains!"

There were more trains than ever falling from the sky. These ones were near impossible to dodge. The three of us somehow managed to stay out of the way. One of Harold's arrows hit the dragon and soon after, the fire spread even further.

My remaining friends kept using their weapons, usually missing, and I kept bringing cats to stop this never-ending supply of trains. I kept shouting and before I knew it, I was tired of speaking. This was when something unfortunate happened. I saw a train coming down and I didn't have any time to move.

-Jason's POV-

There were only two of us left and I began to feel like the battle was impossible. I ended up on the ground in Dovacath Forest and I was just lying down on my back, trying to get up. Harold was also on the ground, both of his hands and knees on the grass and he was panting heavily.

"Is this the end?" I asked.

"I don't know if we can go any further," replied Harold, "this battle seems to be over, in the worst possible way."

"Jason and Harold," said a voice, "do not give up. Keep going and destroy that sack of crap!"

After that, I managed to stand up with both of my feet on the ground. Harold was able to get up too.

"Let's finish this damn adventure!" I shouted.

"Yeah," responded Harold, "I'm not going to go easy on that kid!"

Harold then shot another arrow at the dragon. The dragon fell and the fire began to disappear. At that time, more trains began to fall from the sky.

"This time," I said, "we're going to find the real ending of this story."

The kid from earlier appeared and I ran toward him with my sword. He started teleporting all over the place like the slender man. Harold's arrows kept missing him because of the rain of trains."

"He's too fast." commented Harold.

"Okay," I said, "I have an idea!"

I threw my sword directly at the kid and somehow, it got him! The "rain" stopped at that moment. The kid began to transform and he turned into a white dragon!

"Oh, crap!" I exclaimed.

"Well," said Harold, "this quest seems to be far from over."

I retrieved my sword and ran at the dragon with Harold following. The fire that had stopped suddenly started back up. Arrow after arrow went through the sky, all of them hitting the dragon. I jumped in the air and swung my sword into the dragon. After that, I found a whistle on the ground.

I picked it up and played a song on it. I disappeared and appeared on top of the dragon. I struck it again and I fell off. At the same time, more arrows were shot into the dragon. Before I knew it, I was back on the ground right next to Harold.

"It's time," I said, "time to put an end to this!"

"Yes," answered Harold, "it is time for our final strike!"

Harold readied his bow as I readied my sword. This was it. Our quest was almost completed.

"This is your end!" I shouted, "You will never cause trouble in Dovacath ever again!"

"You ready?" asked Harold.

"Yes," I answered, "Shoot!"

Harold shot an arrow at the dragon and soon was rapidly firing them. I ran toward the dragon and I stuck my sword in it. That was the end. The dragon was no longer breathing.

"Finally," I said, "it's all over."

"To be honest," said Harold, "I didn't think that would work."

"I've had this feeling that – y'know, it doesn't really matter." I said.

"You guys had to defeat him before I could get here?" said a familiar voice, "That so isn't fair!"

We turned to see Cerise.

"It's not our fault you're too slow." I responded.

"Where's your apprentice?" asked Harold.

"She's gone home." answered Cerise, "But I'm sure you'll see her again at some point."

"Hey guys!" said a voice.

We stood still and stared at the person who just spoke. In front us was none other than Jon.

1