Chapter 21: Called Back To Dovacath
19 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A new school year had just begun and the first week had finally ended. I got home and did all of my chores and then after dinner, something happened. The phone rang and my mother answered it before giving it to me and said that a girl was calling. I hesitantly grabbed it and instantly recognized the voice.

It was Lilith! She was asking me to return to Dovacath with my friends and that is what we did the very next day. I was really glad to have left because that meant I wouldn't have to hear my mother teasing me about that phone call. My friends and I were also told to arrive at Dovacath separately, so we followed those directions.

When we got to the town square of Dovacath, we realized that our group was now shorter. The people who where there besides me were Jason, Harold, Tom, Timothy, and Kevin.

"Thank you all for coming." said Lilith.

"Enough of this crap!" shouted Kevin, "You lied to us last year!"

"That was just a test for you guys last year," answered Lilith, "We had to figure out who was capable of going on an adventure and only six of you were chosen."

"So I was chosen." I started.

"Think you wouldn't make it?" asked Jason.

"Well, I never have any confidence." I said.

"You should do something about that." replied Jason.

"We recruited three others," said Lilith, "however, they all seem to have vanished."

"Interesting." I commented.

"We're currently working on our dimensional portal," said Lilith, "We are sure that two of them are stuck in an alternate dimension, but I know for sure that one of them is still in Dovacath."

"What about-?" started Kevin.

"The powers you got last year, you will have this year," interrupted Lilith, "and all of them will be real this time. To be honest, some of it was real last time as well."

"Well, I… can't say I understand how any of that works, but never mind that." I responded, "Where's Jon?"

"Jon is currently working on the portal I mentioned earlier." answered Lilith.

"Ah," I replied, "Well, what are we going to do until then?"

"You'll have to find the answer yourself." answered Lilith.

"Jason, Harold!" I said, "Please come with me."

"Where are we going?" asked Harold.

"I have no idea." I answered.

"Seriously?" asked Jason.

"No, I'm not serious," I replied, "we're just going to see inquisitor Bob before he 'dies' again."

"Oh." said Jason and then the three of us laughed.

After a bit of walking, we found the man that we were looking for.

"What do you guys want!?" he asked angrily.

"We just wanted to annoy you." I teased.

"I don't have time for this." responded the inquisitor, "I've got a case to be working on right now."

"What case are you working on?" I asked.

"Dammit!" he said, "You weren't even supposed to know!"

"Well, inquisitor Bob," I said, "why don't you tell us about it?"

"Fine," he said, "Somebody died – blunt force trauma was the cause of death. The murder weapon was not found, but there was evidence linking to the suspect."

"What is it?" asked Jason.

"It was a key," answered Bob, "the accused even admitted that it was his."

"Well," I said, "could you please point us to the scene of the crime?"

"It's over there," answered Bob, pointing to the entrance of the Dovacath Courthouse.

"So we're doing this again, huh?" commented Jason.

"I guess." I replied.

"Okay," said Harold, "could you tell us about the accused?"

"And what's with all the medieval stuff in Dovacath?" asked Jason.

"Well," answered Bob, "Dovacath has always been 'medieval' themed and we don't have any plans to change it in the future. As for the accused, his name is David Ross, and the key we found is what led to his arrest. At this moment, we are questioning witnesses to the incident.

"T-thank you." I said as I went toward the Dovacath Courthouse with Jason and Harold following.

At the courthouse's entrance, we found a dead body.

"Yep," I said, "he was definitely hit in the head."

"What's he holding?" asked Harold.

"It looks a card." answered Jason, "Six of diamonds."

"Why would the victim even have a card?" asked Harold.

"I wish I knew the answer to that." I answered.

"Check his pockets." suggested Jason.

I checked the dead guy's pockets and I found a button, which looked like it was torn off the victim's shirt and a note labeled: CH-15.

"What does it mean?" asked Jason.

"I'm sure we'll find the answer soon." I replied.

"Do you think we have enough to get us started?" asked Harold.

"I think… we're ready." I answered.

"So, you really are defending?" asked Jason.

"Yes," I answered, "because I-"

"I'll go find out when the trial begins!" interrupted Jason.

1