Chapter 31: One Tough Night
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I like trains!" said Miles and numerous trains crashed the courtroom.

Somehow, we dodged them all. Then the gems that were floating in the air started to glow and then disappeared. It had to have been sign that it was giving us strength. Not long after that, I saw everyone throwing rocks at Miles.

"W-what are all of you doing?" I asked.

"Since Cameron's dead," Jason responded, "we're filling in for him. It's like he's still here!"

"Just… take this seriously!" I exclaimed.

"Right. Fine." responded Jason who then ran for a strike saying "You are not going to win this!"

Too many trains were getting in his way for him to get to Miles. Harold was also getting stopped by the trains.

"What should we do?" asked Harold.

"Um… we should… just run and fight blindly!" answered Jason.

"Is that the best thing you could come up with?" asked Harold.

"Just go with it!" insisted Jason.

I then looked at my own magical gem only to find the worst news waiting for me. I was out of spiritual power!

"Crap." I said to myself.

Then, David jumped in front of me as if he was trying to shield me. He started making a cloud with his hands, but was crushed by a train before he could finish. I ran over to Jason and Harold right after that.

"Lilith," said Jason, "if I die… take my sword."

Jason ran toward Miles and shoved the sword right into him. However, it did not kill him. His face rotated three hundred sixty degrees and he started to vomit cats. Next, Miles punched Jason in the jaw. Jason then returned with a kick in the nuts. Miles then summoned a train and one second later, Jason was no longer with us.

I ran to his corpse and grabbed his sword. It was at that moment that Erica came to my aid, holding a magic gem and shooting spiritual power at Miles. Harold managed to hit him with an arrow right after that. Miles only laughed at his effort and then vomited an arrow that flew right into Harold! He fell over and dropped his bow.

"Erica," he said, "take… my bow and my arrows."

At that moment, he died and my sister did as he requested. Both of us ran toward Miles. She readied her bow and I jumped with the sword. A couple arrows hit Miles and I cut his arm off with Jason's sword.

Dexter then came charging at Miles. He pulled a wrench out of his pocket and prepared to strike. Dexter hit Miles, who kicked him. Then Dexter fell over and was soon hit by a train that Miles had summoned. Miles laughed.

He continued summoning trains and I dodged them. Erica did the same. At this point, we were the only people remaining. We couldn't count on the men to do anything.

"He's too powerful!" commented Erica.

"Just keep going and see what happens." I responded.

Erica kept shooting arrows at Miles and I ran toward him again and decapitated him. His body fell to the ground and... melted. After that, a purple dragon rose from the spot where Miles had disappeared.

"Dammit," said the dragon, "you're tougher than you look. However, I will make sure that you cannot go any further."

"What now?" asked Erica.

"Well," I said, "I think I have full health… so I'm going to try something."

"Lilith," said Erica, "I sure hope you're being serious."

I extended my arm with the sword in it and gripped it tightly. Within seconds, sword-shaped lasers started to shoot out of it. Erica stared for a few seconds and then resumed shooting arrows. Unfortunately, they all missed Miles in his new form. Miles flew downward, closer to us and started to breathe fire. We hurried out of the way.

"Your precious gems aren't helping you!" said Miles.

"We're not giving up!" I responded, still shooting at him with sword-shaped lasers.

He came down and breathed more fire. I dodged most of it, but got burned slightly.

"Crud… I can't shoot any more lasers." I said.

"I'm… out of arrows." said Erica.

I ran towards where some of the others had been fighting to grab some of their weapons. Miles' fire got to them first. After scrambling for about five minutes, the remaining weapons were destroyed.

"Um… what should we do now!?" I asked.

"Well," said Erica, "what we were doing earlier wasn't working. Now… it looks like we've gone as far as we can go."

"Is this it?" I replied, "Are we screwed? Is our world screwed too?"

"Looks like it." answered Erica.

The two of us were on the floor on our knees, looking up at a large purple dragon sitting in front of us. All we could do was stare, afraid of what would happen next.

"Your time is up," said Miles as he got closer.

He opened his mouth and breathed fire at us. We were frozen and we couldn't move. Suddenly, it happened. A person was squatting in front of us, using a shield to reflect the dragon's fire.

"I'm afraid I have to intervene." he said, "You see... protecting a young lady in distress, is the duty of every gentleman."

"Jon!" I responded, "How… did you-?!"

"I never really died when I fell into the fire," he answered, "I just had to stop, drop and roll for a few hours. It was very unpleasant. Anyways, I came looking for everyone and the gems led me here and let me in."

He gave both me and Erica a sword after he was done talking. Suddenly, he grabbed us and the three of us where holding hands with him in between both of us. Jon then blew into his whistle which was already in his mouth and we were on the dragon's back.

"W-what are you doing?" asked Miles.

"We're just going to kill you." answered Jon, "It's nothing that you need to worry about."

"You're gonna what-!?" responded Miles.

The three of us stabbed our swords into the back of his neck. Jon pulled his out and decapitated Miles. Jon grabbed both of us again and blew into his whistle. He teleported us to the floor. The dragon then vanished into the air and turned into a stick figure that fell to the ground.

"You will not kill me." said Miles.

I threw my sword at him, which caused him to fall over and die.

"You are a liar!" I said.

"Hmmm… I don't feel like we've accomplished much." said Jon.

"He's dead now," I replied, "I don't think we'll have to worry about him anymore."

"You're probably right." said Jon, "But why do I feel like it's not over?"

"Maybe you just need some rest?" I suggested.

"I guess I have been awake for a while." he responded.

Our journey had reached its conclusion. Miles had become thing of the past and my world would be safe… for the time being. After the quest, I returned home and decided to stay in Mirai for a while. This doesn't mean I'm leaving Jon though.

1