Chapter 35: Miles Comes To Visit
15 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had made it almost made it through my first couple of months in school. We had reached the end of October which meant Halloween was coming up. To be honest, I never really was the craziest about holidays so I don't really participate in the activities much. The night before, I was in my room playing video games as usual before my brother came into the room and told me to turn the system off.

I shrugged and did as she said. I wasn't really making any progress in the game worth saving, anyways. I stood up, and then went to close the curtains over our window and then I saw something strange. It looked as if it were Miles I saw. However, the figure was gone when I blinked. I shook my head.

"What is it?" asked my brother.

"It's nothing, Justin." I said.

Without saying a word, I went to bed. I had a bit of trouble sleeping that night. It was true I wanted to go back on our adventures, but I figured I'd have to wait until one of our allies came to get me. I didn't think it would ever come to me. I figured what I saw was likely my imagination and finally went to sleep.

When I woke up the next day, it was a normal morning and when I went to school, things weren't really all that different other than the fact that half of the students were wearing costumes due to it being Halloween. In the middle of the day, I looked out the window in one of my classes and saw what looked like Miles again. I started to sweat.

After blinking, he disappeared. Was I just imagining things again or was that asshole really following me? I just didn't know. After school, I headed out the front door and bumped into the one person I didn't want to see.

"Having a pleasant school life?" he asked.

"Miles," I said, "what are you doing here?"

He could tell I was angry.

"Careful, now." said Miles, "Wouldn't want to fight me here."

"Why wouldn't I want to fight a villain?" I asked.

"I haven't done anything in your world yet," he said, "as far as all witnesses would be concerned, you would have hurt an innocent person."

"Yet?" I said, "Does that mean you're actually planning something?"

"I can't reveal all my secrets." he said.

"Who are you talking to?" asked a familiar voice.

I turned around to see Mikaela.

"Uh, it's... no one." I said.

"Really?" she said, looking at Miles.

"Oh, I see." he said.

"See what?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it." said Miles.

Mikaela just stared. It made me wonder if something about Miles was bothering her. If so, what could it have been?

"So you don't know him?" asked Mikaela.

"Nope." I said, "This is the first time I've ever talked to him."

"Is that so?" said Miles.

"Whatever." I replied, "I'm going home."

"Be careful." he said.

As I walked away, I vaguely heard Mikaela say something.

"What are you planning?" is what I thought I heard.

Did she truly know him from somewhere? I shook my head and just walked away. On my way home, I ran into some trouble. Rain started falling from the sky, but it wasn't just any rain. It was raining knives!

"Oh, what the hell!?" I exclaimed.

I looked around, hoping I could find cover somewhere. Not seeing anywhere that would be safe from the blades, I ran around, dodging all of the knives.

"I LIKE CATS!" I shouted and a bunch of cats appeared.

However, they all got stabbed by the knives.

"Dammit!" I exclaimed, "It didn't work!"

All I could do was continue to run. As I ran, I thought it over in my head. What was I to do about what was going on?

"Oh, it seems you still haven't figured it out?" a familiar voice said.

I turned around and saw Cerise, holding an umbrella. I quickly ran underneath it when I saw it was actually blocking the knives.

"Y'know, people are going to get the wrong idea." she commented.

"It's raining knives!" I exclaimed, "Who would care in this situation!?"

"I'm disappointed." she said.

"Why?" I replied.

"You still haven't reached your full potential." answered Cerise.

1