Chapter 48: The Betrayal
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Ron’s POV-

“So… where is this door?” I asked.

“It’s in this area actually.” answered Jon, who began playing with his whistle as if he was trying to solve a code. It didn’t take much longer for a huge door to appear in front of us.

“The door will only answer to the seven gems if good hearts are detected.” said Jon, “It shouldn’t be an issue for us, though.”

All seven gems went up in the air. They began glowing and slowly spinning.

“I didn’t know we had the first three on us.” commented Timothy.

All of the gems merged together and formed a blue key, which Lucas grabbed.

“Heh…” he said.

All of us were confused, but I was the only one who decided to speak up.

“Is something wrong?” I asked.

“Ha ha ha! I win this round, wouldn’t you say, Ron?” responded Lucas, in a familiar villain’s voice.

“It can’t be…” I said.

The next thing we knew, Lucas pulled a cape over himself, then took it off. Suddenly, he looked like Miles.

“Recognize me now?” he asked.

“Miles!” I exclaimed.

“Y-you! You were with us this whole time!?” exclaimed Lilith.

“I don't get it.” I said, “Why did you do this?”

“Why what? Why did I travel through different worlds with you guys?” asked Miles, “My only concern, my sole purpose in life is to get revenge on the man who ruined my life.”

“What!?” I exclaimed.

“I knew you would be useful in helping my boss’ plans for world domination,” answered Miles, “I needed the remaining gems. I had a few of them and that’s how you got some of them so easily. I also needed the hearts of the heroes for this.”

“Who are you, really?” I asked.

“This is no time to tell my life story, Ron.” responded Miles.

“What did you do to Lucas!?” exclaimed Lilith, “Where is he!?”

“Relax,” said Miles, “we have not killed him… yet.”

“You bastard!” exclaimed Lilith.

“Heh, heh. I must take my leave. Until next time!” he said, as he began to run off.

“He’s getting away!” exclaimed Elijah.

Then, Miles snapped his fingers and we were all struck by lightning.

0