Chapter 3
119 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Note: This has a heavy Japanese influence so expect a typical school life romance and culture. Plus it really doesn't make sense if it was American and I realize I use American names shush I'll deal with that

The sun shone through my window, marking a new day.

Then everything that happened yesterday night came back and sure enough, Mia was lying asleep beside me... still naked.

I quickly got up, covered her up, and went to head downstairs. But a tiny leaf of paper caught my eye. It was nestled at the foot of the door.

I immediately blushed, I forgot in the heat of passion that my parents were still home.

I could barely read my mom's signature untidy cursive. But to my embarrassment. The note was telling me to warn them before we did anything...more.

Also that they couldn't sleep since we were too loud.

Complete with a thumbs up at the end.

I died a little bit inside

…But I couldn't avoid them forever so I continued to head downstairs.

Mom was busy in the kitchen, evident from the sizzling and smell of bacon wafting in the air.

Dad wasn't in his usual spot so he probably is out doing something. Thank God I only have to deal with one right now.

She peeked her head around the corner of the kitchen and gave the most cheesy smiles in existence.

"My little boy turned into a man!" She wiped fake tears away in an overdramatized fashion "Soon he will leave me forever!"

I sigh, "I will live here forever because I know you won't have it any other way" Honestly I think she would break down if I ever actually leave. Not that I will. After I have all the people I love here... like Mia.

Her goofy smile suddenly hardened "You love her... right?"

The question took me by surprise but it was an easy answer "Of course I love her!" A sly smile crept up her face and a blushing Mia(fully clothed) stepped out from behind me.

For all the years I've known her, every year she got cuter and before I knew it I had my arms wrapped around her in a hug. Due to our height difference, I couldn't see her face but I know she was blushing even harder.

There was a sudden click of the door behind us shutting. My Dad strolled past and sat down, he glanced at us hugging and gave me a thumbs up. Then proceeded to watch the TV.

Then I remembered that my parents are pretty carefree. They took care of me. But I was a quiet kid so this household was always chill.

Mom peeked out again when she heard Dad come in "Breakfast is almost ready" then she glanced at me "Don't squeeze the life outta her" and she disappeared back into the kitchen.

Oh!

I forgot I was still holding her, I reluctantly released her. Something about it was relaxing. It honestly soothed my soul

We settled at the dinner table silently. Dad was the silent type and you rarely hear him talk. So I was used to this, but it seemed like Mia isn't.

Weird, She normally was always talking or at least surrounded by her friends. It was cute seeing her this nervous.

I guess she saw the note too and probably mistook my Dad's silence for something else.

As much as I love her expression right now, I rather her get along with them. It won't take much with them.

"This is Mia she is my... girlfriend" Dad's face didn't change but there was a slight nod and a certain twinkle in his eyes. Which seems to be him accepting it.

Dad was never the one to talk about how he landed Mom, but she always said Dad was the one chasing after her.

Which seemed weird since he's so mellow now.

I nudged Mia "Don't worry about him he's just like that" A sigh of relief puffed out of her. She took another glance at him. Then settled in at the table and with impeccable timing Mom walked in, somehow balancing four plates of food.

"Careful it's hot!" just as I was about to eat, I noticed something off about the food. Mia's plate had much more than everyone else. I didn't even know we had this much in the fridge.

I peeked at Mom and she winked back.

"Better dig in, you have school remember?"

I glanced at my phone and we were going to be late. Before I could get up and try to rush us. I saw Mia shrug at me and started to eat.

I sighed, yeah we are gonna be late anyway so might as well eat.

After we finished up and Mia looking quite full, We made our way out

The walk was silent... for about five seconds.

"Your parents are...open"

I poked her

"Well we did do it and they heard us"

She punched me back but I saw a blush. I faintly heard her mumble something.

"Hmmm?" I stared at her trying to look everywhere but me, which was unexpecting cute of her. She finally blurted it out.

"You stole my first kiss!"

I felt my face heat up and glanced at her lips.

"Really?" Not one? Even someone as popular as her?

I watched her blush even harder and she started to fidget around.

"I was saving it" I frowned

"For who?" She glanced at me and started to walk to school.

I had an inkling who it was but I wanted to hear it from her.

She glared at me

"It was you dummy!" She blushed and sped walked to school, staying just ahead of me.

I didn't mind because I had this stupid grin on my face.

We got to school roughly 15 minutes late. Not that it mattered, our teacher isn't the most motivated to show up on time.

We reached our classroom, almost half the class jumped up and bombarded Mia with questions.

"Why were you guys late?"
"Why did you guys arrive together?"
"Are you guys an item?"

I wordlessly slipped by the crowd and sat down.

My friend elbowed me and gave me a questioning look.

"What?" He sighed and jerked his hand in the general direction of the swarm of people surrounding Mia.

"Nothing" I could feel the stares of him and the people around burn into me, hanging on my every word.

"Fine but later" I shot him one last look and turned back to the front of the classroom.

Where our teacher magically appeared.

"All right back to your seats!" 

The crowd of people dispersed and left a dazed Mia.

She quickly regained her senses and also walked to her seat. She also shot me a glare.

Probably because I didn't save her, but if I did act like a knight in shining amour. It would be obvious we were together.

…Wait

Are we together?

Is our relationship going to be public?

I noticed Mia was looking at me and my worries faded away.

It doesn't matter as long as I'm by her side.

3