Chapter 4 (part 1)
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

War.

In the ocean, near a small island located in the territory of the Arthpam, a battle was taking place.

Two men were running in the direction of the beach because there they would board the boats that were leaving for that battle.

"I hope we can resist,the reinforcements from the main island have yet to come."

"We must assume the worst, we will fight until our legs give out... damned Uhmnis, always looking for trouble."

At that instant, an explosion of fire was born at the feet of the men.

"Damn it!"

As one screamed, the other used his own water magic to put off the fire.

"Come on, this is a trap, if we don't get to the boats we will be at a greater disadvantage."

"You're right, let's hurry."

As the man who looked the most concerned advanced, the one who had used magic to put out the fire stood still.

"Go on without me, I'll catch up with you."

"Oh, come on man, we've got no time to waste… agh, well, I'll wait for you there, don't delay or I won't forgive you."

With those words, his partner left.

After confirming his departure, the man began to write runes on the ground, runes that ended up forming a magic circle.

"This should be enough... I hope at least he can be saved."

With that, the man withdrew toward the boats.

-

While all this conflict was going on, the people who inhabited the island were in chaos.

They had never experienced war, so they did not know how to react, everyone who was capable of fighting were going towards the boats, while the others were helping the young people to escape from the island.

In the midst of a maddened crowd, there was a little boy, lost and confused.

If even his older ones didn't understand the situation, how did they expect him to?

"Daddy, Mommy, where are you?"

Tears fell from his eyes, he was standing still and alone, as if he was waiting for someone's help.

Luckily, at that moment a woman approached him from behind.

"Hey little one, are you okay?"

"Ah? Who are you…?"

"Don't worry, I'm a friend of your parents."

"Seriously?"

A growing relief was noticeable in the boy's eyes after hearing those words.

"Those deep black eyes and that reddish hair… you are certainly their son, no normal Arthpam could have that appearance."

"Miss, how do you know my parents?"

"Well, we actually are childhood friends they asked me to take care of you if something happened to them."

"What? Something happened?"

"Of course not, it's just that they can't be with you right now."

Amidst the total chaos, a peaceful scene was unfolding.

"Come with me, your father prepared something that we must use to get off the island."

"Will someone come with us?"

"Of course not, this is a secret between you, me and your parents."

After hearing about them, the boy's crying stopped and he smiled and although he had not calmed down completely, the woman had managed to get his attention.

"Come on, hurry or we won't make it."

"Okay!"

After convincing the child, the lady was guiding him into a small jungle of the island and every so often they encountered explosions of fire that had been diverted from the battlefield.

"We're running out of time..."

The woman muttered things from time to time, however, the boy could not understand what she was referring to.

After walking for a long time, the lady seemed lost, as if she did not find what she was looking for.

The boy, then, began to feel that something was calling him, he did not know what, but something in the jungle was looking for him... he did not understand what was happening, but it surely had something to do with his parents.

Trying to get to what was calling him, the boy found footprints on the ground, they looked like marks of two men and, in the same place, there were strange drawings that he did not understand.

Since he was not far from the woman, he asked her about it.

"Miss, what is this?"

Seeing the marks on the ground, the lady was surprised, she had found what she was looking for.

"I knew it, you are his son, after all."

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind, wait there, I must activate this thing."

The woman knelt near the circle and began to infuse it with water magic to activate it.

-

At that precise moment, two men who were getting into the boats that were going to leave for battle felt something strange.

When they looked back at the path they had come from, two things were happening, two explosions, to be exact.

The funny thing was that these explosions were of completely opposed magics, fire and water.

Upon observing that, the expression of the man who had made the magic circle darkened, he was worried.

However, he decided to trust his instincts and her friend, he had other things to do right now.

"I really hope they could leave the islans... you couldn't be saved, love... but he has nothing to do with this fight."

Though part of him was reluctant to fight, the man set off, along with others, to battle.

0