Chapter 7 – Escape
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Grunt* Andrew slowly opened his eyes. He was greeted by a very familiar roof. He was back in the cabin.

He was lying down in his bed. He felt something pressing on his chest so he looked down to see Aisha's head. She was sitting in a wooden chair beside his bed and probably fell asleep while watching over him. He slowly recounted the events that happened today.

[Welcome back host.] His heart nearly stopped as he almost jumped from the bed in fright. He now remembered the voice that he kept hearing in his head during his near-death state. He calmed down and thought.

[Erm, who..what are you?] he wondered if the voice could hear his thoughts.

[I am a tool designed to help host achieve the goal set by the creator.] the system replied.

[And what is that goal..?] Andrew asked.

[Unauthorized to answer.]

[Then who created you?]

[Unauthorized to answer.]

[How did you get into my head?]

[Unauthorized to answer.]

[What is this? Can I even find anything about the origin of this thing?] he grew annoyed.

[Host needs to achieve certain parameters set by the creator in order to unlock information.] the system replied.

[Fine, fine. What can you do now?] Andrew asked resigned. It did not seem like he had any say in the matter.

[System is highly dependent of the power of the host and the parameters set by the creator. System can make high speed calculations based on the situation and provide the most optimum solution to the host. System is also programmed to issue quests along with corresponding rewards. System is currently Level 1 and is subjected to Type A restrictions. System has analyzed the status of the host and created a suitable unit. Do you wish to view the status window?] Andrew understood the majority though he still had his doubts.

[Yes?] he hesitated.

[Opening status window.] Suddenly information started appearing in Andrew's eyes. It was as if someone was writing on air.

*

Host: Andrew (Create Family)

Species: Human

Level: 9 (Mana Apprentice)

Exp: 999/1000

HP: 250/300

Mana: 794/900

Strength: 10

Constitution: 11

Stamina: 9

Vitality: 9

Agility: 12

Dexterity: 11

Intelligence: 15

Available points: 5

Mana Root: Grade 5

Mana Control: Level 21

Elemental affinity: Time (Extraordinary), Wind (Negligible), Water (Negligible), Holy (Negligible)

Skills:

{Inventory(Lv 1)}

Host owns a small independent space in which non-living things can be stored. (1 cubic metre)

{[Inspect(Lv 1)}

System is able to analyze things using the knowledge of the host and knowledge accessible to the system.

{Slow(Lv 7)}

Create pressure with the surrounding time elements reducing the speed of the target by 14%. Dependent on the strength of the host and target. The effect can be increased if host is the target.

{Accelerate(Lv 6)}

Attach the surrounding time elements to the body and accelerate them increasing the speed of host by 12%. Dependent on the strength of the host. The effect can be increased if host is the target.

{Time barrier(Lv 3)}

Freeze the time elements in a certain area to create the effect of a barrier. Durability is dependent on the strength of the host.

{Time Blink(Lv 3)}

Floods the body of the host with time elements and uses them to revert back to an earlier state. Current Mana allows for a 0.4 seconds revert.

{Temporal Edge(Absolute Skill)}

Host conjures a temporal blade which is then thrown at the desired target. Once the blade comes in contact with the target, the flow of time will accelerate differently on the edges of the blade. Skill limited by Mana. Current Mana allows for a difference of 0.1 seconds.

*

[Interesting..] Andrew frowned. It seems the system had a pretty good grasp over his skills. But what was with those weird elemental affinities? He didn't know about anything else besides the time element. The other thing he didn't understand was the stat points system.

[An average human adult without Mana has an index of 3 for each stat. Host is currently more than three times stronger than a normal adult in regards to the body.] hearing his query, the system replied.

[Ok so...I have 5 available points I can put into anything I want? Don't tell me that if I put everything lets say on my agility, I'll become almost 50% faster.] he said in disbelief.

[Affirmative.]

[What?]

[Affirmative. Although, host is advised to consider putting his points in the Intelligence stat as Intelligence is directly linked to the Mana control and affinity.] Andrew didn't waste a second and dumped his points onto the Intelligence stat.

[Intelligence: 20]

[Congratulation host! You have achieved an index of 20 on your Intelligence Stat!]

[Hidden stat {Wisdom} unlocked!]

[Mana Control +1]

Andrew looked at the flood of messages in disbelief. He extended his hand and tried to move the time elements around. To his surprise, it seemed like his control actually increased! He started smiling like an idiot while moving his hand in the air.

"Eh, bro are you awake?" a tired voice asked. She looked at him for a few seconds before jumping from the bed and throwing a punch to Andrew's belly.

*Grunt*  "What was that for?!" shouted Andrew while holding his stomach.

"You know what that was for." a sob followed. Then a slender pair of hands grabbed Andrew and hugged tightly. A series of sobs could be heard in the room.

"I was terrified.." she said while holding back her tears. Andrew was taken aback for a second before replying.

"I know, don't worry now. Brother is strong, nothing will happen." He hugged her back and tried to calm her. Then a message sounded in his mind.

[Warning! Warning! Warning!]

[Several creatures above host's level have been detected in the surroundings.]

[Analyzing chance of survival in case of direct confrontation..]

[Chance of survival: 5%.]

[Host is advised to leave immediately! Any delay could endanger host's life.]

[New Quest: Escape with more than 50% HP.]

[Additional Quest: Escape with Aisha.]

Andrew's heart started racing. In the end, he and his sister weren't important people, what need was there for anyone to play tricks on them? He chose to trust the system. But what was with the last quest? As if he would leave her here!

"Aisha, we have to leave, now!" he said as he grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder. He then cast Accelerate on himself and dashed out of the cabin.

2