Chapter 10 – Eternal Night
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What is an academy?" Aisha asked confused.

"Oh my." Vlad stood there for a second. "Um, an academy is a place where people go to learn things usually. You can learn about different science subjects such as physics and chemistry, or you can have courses related to the theories of mana. You can choose the courses you want to take part in anyway." he answered. Andrew's interest was immediately piqued.

"Can we even learn how a car works?" he asked.

"Sure, why not. Though I think that is part of the second year curriculum." Vlad said.

"Can we learn elemental spells?" Other than helping with her awakening, Coral didn't really teach Aisha much about her element. He was only directing her in her cultivation but he was always saying how his expertise in the life element was sorely lacking. Hearing that the academy was a place for learning, Aisha immediately became excited.

"You can receive guidance, yes. However, to learn advanced elemental spells you would have to fall into the good graces of one of the magic teachers and maybe they'll take you in as an assistant. Only teacher assistants get to learn their spells."

"Another advantage of attending the academy is that it provides the opportunity of getting familiar with how societies work. After all, the way academies are now, they mirror our civilization's system, albeit on a smaller scale." he continued. He wanted to say more but he felt it was already enough by the bright looks of the siblings. It seems he really got them hooked in.

"Ok, I am guessing I don't need to convince you more. Another thing I would like to tell you about is this place. After all, we wouldn't want you to go around and mistakenly offend some big shot right? All you have to know is that red-haired people are all very important people." he smiled proudly for a moment as if letting the siblings take a better look at his bright red hair. The two didn't show any kind of expression as they waited for him to continue. Vlad's smile disappeared and he continued.

"The Red Skies Guardian City is a bit different than the other Guardian Cities. We are the only city which has a royal family. The royal family is formed by the blood descendants of the Eternal Night Guardian." a look of deep respect on his face as he spoke.

"Eternal Night Guardian..." Andrew nodded as he heard from Coral that this was the Guardian presiding over the Red Skies Guardian City.

"Yes. Thousands of years ago, when the world was meeting its end, Lord Eternal Night was one of the six Gods who appeared. The land our Blood Fortress is sitting on is a small part of a country of the old, Romania, under which our Lord slumbered for many years. When he awoke, he immediately gathered the surviving humans in the surroundings and founded our Guardian City."

"As you probably know, the powers we now come to possess were taught to us by the Guardians. Our Lord did more than that and even shared His God Blood with us. His four disciples at that time became the first generation leaders of our four clans which keep the order and protect the Fortress. The four clans each have their own uniqueness and methods but the thing they share is the blood of our Guardian and an effect of that is our bright red hair, which is not a normal occurrence in humans. Any member of the four clans is part of the royal family." he stopped as there was a knock on the door.

"Enter."

The door opened and two maids with plates filled with food and drinks entered the room. They put the food on the table, one of them whispered something to Vlad before bowing and then leaving the room.

"That should be all for now. I am guessing you are both hungry. Help yourselves to the food, after you finish, ask a servant to bring you to your rooms. I have some business in the city and I'll be back pretty late. Enjoy!" Vlad said as he left quickly. Judging from his expression before leaving, he was in quite the hurry.

Andrew and Aisha were left alone in the room. They helped themselves to the food as they were indeed pretty hungry. Andrew threw himself at a bowl full of fried wings.

As they were eating, Andrew glanced at Aisha.

"What do you think?" he asked with his mouth half-full.

"About enrolling? It's not like we have anything better to do. And besides, it was uncle Coral who suggested this so it's fine." she answered quickly.

"Yeah, it should be fine." Andrew nodded as he continued pushing fried wings into his mouth.

After they finished eating a servant was waiting for them outside the study. He showed them to their rooms.

"Haha, we finally have separate rooms. I don't have to listen to your snoring anymore!" Aisha jumped with joy.

"Hmph, can you even sleep without my snoring?" grumbled Andrew as he closed the door to his room. The inside was quite spacious. On the left there was a huge wardrobe while on the right, a double bed and a desk with some books on it could be seen. There was even a balcony, but Andrew didn't think much of it.

He quickly changed into the pyjamas given to him by the servant and he jumped into the bed.

"Now now, let's see what you can do" he murmured as he looked at the pillows.

[Inspect]

[Pillow

Used for resting one's head when sleeping. Made of cotton.]

"That's all? Well, it's a pillow so what else can there be about it. Hmm..." he thought as he looked around the room before focusing on one of the books on the desk.]

[Inspect]

[Book: Theories of Magic by George Norden

A book containing information on the magic theories that Archmage George Norden researched.

Touch to learn.]

"Touch to learn?" Andrew then extended his hand and touched the book.

[Theories of Magic by George Norden

Do you wish to learn the contents of this book?]

"Yes?" as soon as the word left his mind the book in his hands disappeared and a huge flood of information entered his mind as he fainted.

1