Chapter 2: Sam Has A Sister Now
700 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This had to be a nightmare. That's what I was thinking. I pinched myself hoping I'd wake up but no matter how hard or how many times, nothing happened. I just felt the pain of pinching myself. The entire family gathered in the living room to discuss what had happened to me. To be honest, I was really scared.

"Believe us now?" asked Sam.

"Why did I turn into a girl!?" I asked.

"That's because only women can use these powers." my mother answered.

"That doesn't really make any sense." I said.

"That's just how it is." my mother replied.

"Am I going to be like this forever?" I asked.

"Most likely." she answered.

Those words hurt. I didn't ask to become like this and then I find out that I'd pretty much be that way until I died. This was too much for me.

"In our family," my mother said, "our powers are passed down but not everyone is capable of using them."

"So you're saying I turned into a girl because I'm capable?" I asked.

"I wasn't as lucky as you," my brother said, sounding a bit disappointed.

"Hey," I said, "don't tell me you're jealous!"

"Because of this we know that you have the potential," my mother said, "so we'll soon begin training you."

"This... is too much." I said.

"Oh yeah," my brother added, "what are we going to do about school?"

"Don't worry," my father said, "we got it under control."

"Now I'm worried." I said.

"And we also need to get you some new clothes." my mother said.

"Oh, right." I said.

No matter how much I wanted to wake up. All of this was real. I thought my parents had gone insane, but if I went and transformed like this then that meant that there was likely some truth to what they had said. After our conversation, my mother took me to the store with her so we could get some new clothes for me. I had never been a fan of being dragged to the store with her and would usually end up bored out of my mind. However, I didn't really have a choice here.

"You knew this was going to happen didn't you?" I asked.

"We didn't know if it was going to." my mother replied, "There was always the chance that you wouldn't have inherited my powers."

"Honestly, I still don't get it." I said.

"It's because we weren't sure that you two got your own rooms." my mother continued.

"Seriously?" I said, "That's the reason?"

"Yep!" my mother responded, happily.

I let out a sigh. This was the weirdest and probably most annoying birthday I had ever had. Then my phone went off and I pulled it out to see a text from my best friend, Phil. It was pretty much just wishing me a happy birthday. I shook my head. How was I going to explain any of this to him? There was no way he'd believe I just woke up as a girl one morning!

"Thanks." I texted back.

"Who was it?" my mother asked.

"It was just Phil." I said.

"Hmm..." she responded.

"Hey, don't get any weird ideas just because I turned into a girl!" I exclaimed.

When we finally got home from the store, I was exhausted, so I went to my room. Not long after I sat myself down on my bed, I got another text from Phil. He said he wanted to come over. 

"Sorry, you can't." I replied.

"Why is that?" he asked.

"Too much going on." I answered.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" he asked.

"Don't worry about it." I said, "Everything is fine."

"Are you okay?" asked Phil.

"For now." I said, "Um... you probably won't be seeing me for a while, though."

"What?"

"Yeah... something kinda came up."

"Is it not okay to come and see you?"

"I'll see you when I get back."

"So that's how it is, huh?"

"Sorry. And um... I won't be using this number much longer."

"Well, we can always e-mail each other, right?"

"Of course."

After that, I sighed. I knew I couldn't keep using the same phone number. It would be weird if he called and there was a girl using my number. And if that girl claimed to be the same person, it really wouldn't look good. This was all too much for me. It's not like I wanted to lie or keep this from him, I just didn't think he'd believe me at all. While I was thinking this all over, there was a knock on the door.

"C-come in." I said.

"How are you doing?" my brother asked, as he walked in and sat down next to me.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Just wanted to check on my sister." he laughed.

"It's not funny." I said.

"Well, look at the bright side." said Sam, "You actually get to use our family's powers."

"What would you have done if this happened to you?" I asked.

"Well, I probably would have just accepted it for what it was." answered Sam.

"You'd just be... okay with it?" I responded.

"If it meant I could use those powers, then yeah." he replied, "But instead, they were passed down to you."

"I  don't even know what these powers are." I said.

"You'll find out when Mom starts training you."

"Oh, right. I have to go through all that."

"And it looks like getting you through school won't be that hard."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah, the paperwork is already taken care of."

"Basically, you're going to be going to school as our 'cousin', Christina."

"...Huh?"

"Well, we can't tell everyone that you're the same person, can we?"

"I... guess not."

"We've already told the school that 'Christopher' will be studying somewhere else for the time being."

"If my name now is similar to what it always was, won't people get suspicious?"

"They'll probably just think it's weird."

"Well, I guess I'm glad school is taken care of... but what about my friends?"

"Right... I don't think you can tell Phil about this."

"I'm a little nervous."

"I'm sure things will be fine."

I really wondered if things would be fine. 

11