Chapter 5: Her Powers
437 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The end of the week eventually came, and nobody but my family knew what happened to Christopher. They were the only ones that knew he had become the girl named Christina. It really had only been a few days since my transformation and I still couldn't believe that any of it was real. My dad married an alien whose race only allows women to use their powers.

However, their powers can be passed on to the men in the family. But if any of them inherit the powers, they become women when they turn fifteen. Once they reach that point, there body won't be the same as it once was and there isn't a way for them to go back. I just wondered why it had to happen to me. When I was lost in my thoughts in my room, my mother barged in.

"It's time to get started." she said.

"Started?" I replied, "What are you talking about?"

"Your powers." she answered.

"Oh, right." I said, "Those."

"What's the matter?" asked my mother.

"I've been too focused on the fact that I've become a girl, that I forgot." I said.

"Come on," she said, "once you start using your powers, you won't be worrying about that."

"I don't really have anything better to do, anyways."  I said.

The two of us went outside into our backyard.

"Is it really okay to do this here?" I said.

"It won't be a problem." she said, snapping her fingers.

After that, a light burst from her hand into the sky and then it appeared as if there were these transparent walls all around the yard.

"What did you do?" I said.

"I created a barrier. " she answered, "This way nobody will see us."

"Oh." I said.

"Now, let's figure out what you can do," my mother said, "first, hold your right hand out."

"Like this?" I said, holding it out.

"Yes." my mother responded, "Now imagine a flame."

With my eyes closed, I pictured flame, burning brightly. When my eyes opened, I saw there was fire in front of my hand. 

"Now, shoot it at the barrier." my mother instructed.

As she instructed, I shot at the transparent wall and the fire disappeared. 

"Now," she said, "hold out your left hand." she said.

"O-okay." I said, doing as she told me.

"This time, you need to picture ice." she said.

With my eyes closed, I imagined ice. After opening them, I saw ice right in front of my hand, which I shot at the barrier.

"Good," my mother said, "it seems you've got fire and ice down."

"What else is there?" I asked.

"Cross your arms in front of your chest." my mother instructed.

"Okay." I said, doing as she instructed.

After that, it appeared as if I was inside of some kind of pink bubble. 

"This is a shield." she said, "However, it doesn't last for too long and there's a limit to how many times you can use it."

"I see." I said, as the shield disappeared.

All of this stuff happening was a lot to take on. However, I wasn't exactly surprised by any of it anymore. There was no denying the fact that I was of alien descent or the fact that I had become a girl. All I could do was live on like this. At least I got some interesting powers to make up for it.

"It seems there's nothing wrong with your powers." my mother said.

"So, what do you want me to do next?" I asked.

"Nothing." she said.

"Huh?" I replied.

"Just needed to make sure they worked." she said, "We'll have more training later."

"So, that's all?" I said, feeling confused.

"For now," she said, snapping her fingers and making our backyard return to normal.

When we went inside, the first person we saw was Sam.

"How'd it go?" he asked.

"You still jealous?" I replied.

"That doesn't have anything to do with anything right now." he responded.

"Sure, whatever." I replied.

"So?" asked Sam.

"There's nothing wrong with her powers." our mother said.

"I see." he replied.

"What am I even supposed to use these powers for, anyways?" I asked.

"You'll know when the time comes." my mother said, before taking off.

"I really wish I could just get an answer." I complained.

"It sounds like you have a big responsibility now." said Sam.

"Oh no." I said, "I never really thought about that..."

"What do you think you'll use your powers for?" asked Sam.

"Well, I didn't think they were to show off..." I said.

"You're gonna have to fight at some point." he said.

"That just makes it even worse!" I complained.

"Nothing we can do about it now, I guess." was the last thing he said, before he took off as well.

I let out a sigh. As if becoming a girl wasn't enough, I gained these powers. While cool, I was going to have to use them in battles. I never really wanted to get into fights, but knowing I had to just made me feel sad. Why did I have to be an alien? Why did I have to be a part of this family?

"What's the matter?" my father asked, when he noticed me after entering the room.

"Why did this have to happen?" I said.

"We've already told you why, didn't we?" he responded.

"Well, yeah." I replied, "But why do we have to become women to use this power?"

"That is something I couldn't tell you." my father replied, "There are a lot of things that are natural and can't even be explained – this is just normal for your mother's species."

"Is there any reason you couldn't have married a normal woman?" I asked.

"Love is love." was all he had to say.

"Whatever." I replied, "I'm going to my room."

I didn't even get on my computer to check for any messages from Phil. I was exhausted both physically and mentally. In fact, I didn't take me too long to pass out on my bed. So much had happened in the past few days. It had really taken a lot out of me.

7