Chapter 7: Let’s Hang Out
340 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's hang out." Phil's message said.

"Sorry, I'll be busy." I replied.

"This weekend. No excuses this time!" he said.

"I... really am busy." I responded.

"You've been avoiding us all this time," he said, "I just want to see you again, dammit!"

"Why don't you go with Christina?" I suggested, "She's free."

"I want to go with YOU, Christopher." he said.

"I'm sorry. Maybe some other time?" I said, "But Christina should be available, so you should go with her?"

"Are you trying to set us up?" asked Phil.

"No!" I responded.

That's when it hit me. I was a girl now, so of course spending time with him would be different than it was when I was a guy. 

"The two of you are friends, aren't you?" I said, "It would be a good opportunity to get to know her better."

"So, you won't come, huh?" said Phil.

"Sorry." I replied.

"Fine." he said, "I'll just postpone."

Then, he logged off.

"Oh, this isn't good." commented Sam.

"You're still here!?" I exclaimed.

"I never left." he replied.

"Why don't you go?" I suggested.

"Fine." he said.

After that, my phone went off. I picked it up and saw a message from Kat. She wanted me to come over to her house the next day. 

"Sure." I replied, without really thinking.

After I sent my response, I realized what it meant. It wasn't my first time at their house, but it would be my first time going in this body. Just thinking about it made me way more nervous than I already was. 

"See you tomorrow." was the last thing Kat said to me.

"Guess I'm coming over tomorrow." I said to myself.

Would Phil even be okay with me coming over? It was clear he wanted to see Christopher, so I thought he might be disappointed to see the new me, which, well, he didn't know was really me. It wasn't like just sitting here thinking about it over and over was really going to do anything. I just had to continue to live my life like this. 

I woke up the next morning feeling tired. Kat and Phil didn't even come over, so I just ended up walking to school with Sam. He didn't really say much on the way there. I was too busy thinking about the near future. Before I even realized it, we reached school and I bumped into the front door because I wasn't paying attention.

"Are you alright?" my brother asked.

"I-I'm fine." I said, opening the door and heading for my class.

Class went by fine and Phil didn't really say anything to me. When school was over, I just sat at my desk until Kat suddenly approached me.

"Ah, good morning." I said.

"It's not morning." replied Kat.

"I-it's not?" I said, sarcastically.

"You're coming over, right?" she said.

"I did say that I would..." I replied.

"Our parents have been wanting to see you." said Kat.

"Ah." I replied.

Of course, I knew them but in this form, I was just a stranger. I knew I had to be careful and not say things that Christina shouldn't know. 

"Let's get going." said Kat.

We left the building and started walking toward her place. Even if I was going to a familiar place, the fact that I had to go as what I had become was what was making me nervous. Without thinking, I kind of ended up taking the lead for a bit.

"You know the way to my house?" said Kat.

"Ah." I said.

Shoot. I was walking ahead without thinking.

"Well, I walked with Phil for a bit." I said.

"Oh, so that's why." replied Kat.

"What's your brother up to?" I asked.

"He had something to do at school." answered Kat, "He'll be home a bit later."

We make it to her house without any trouble and I'm led into their living room. It's the same place I remembered. Nothing about it had changed. Of course nothing would have. Why would it? 

"Would you like anything to drink?" asked Kat.

"No, I'm fine." I said.

She sat down next to me.

"Are you and Christopher hiding something from us?" she suddenly asked.

"No! Of course not!" I responded.

"I'll believe you... for now." said Kat.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I replied.

Seconds later, their parents appeared in the room. They looked the same as always. Their father was slightly taller than their mother and it appeared that he was slowly losing the grey hairs on top of his head. He also he had a grey beard and mustache. Above his nose was a pair of glasses in front of his blue eyes. His wife's eyes matched but her hair was dark brown and a lot longer. It went down to about her back.

"So you must be Christina." Kat's mother said.

"Y-yeah." I replied, nervously.

"Phil wasn't kidding." their father said, "You really do look a lot like your cousin."

"I get that a lot." I replied.

How long was I going to have to keep this up?

6