Tuesday: December 10th
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The lecture was going by slowly today, and I had no idea why. Maybe it was the fact that I was most likely going to see Ethan once the lecture was over, or maybe it was just a boring topic. Most likely, it was a combination of the two. I just wanted to get out of here.

The lecture was over, and I quickly packed up my stuff. I was going to get out of here as soon as possible in hopes of not running into Ethan. However, as I was rushing out of the building, I literally ran into Ethan again.

"Hey, slow down," He said as he caught me.

"Thanks," I said. I don't even know why I said thanks. I was supposed to be running away from him. Then again, he was still holding on to me. "Ethan, I have to get to class."

"So do I. What's your point?"

"You're still holding on to me, and I don't have a lot of time to get to class."

"I want to talk to you, and you have been making it kinda hard to."

"Well, now is a bad time."

"What time are you done with classes? We can meet up at Starbucks, and I can buy you a coffee. Then we can talk."

"I'm done at two. Also, add a chocolate croissant, and you got yourself a deal," I said with a smile.

"Deal," He said. He handed me his phone. "For you to add your number. I'll see you at three for our date."

"It isn't a date," I shouted after him as he rushed to class. I felt somewhat bad that I lied to him. I had a few hours before my next class. I was just hoping that he wouldn't make me talk to him. However, that conversation wasn't horrible. We will have to see what happens later.

When I got to my apartment, I collapsed on my bed. I pulled out my phone to see a text from an unknown number. I figured that it was probably Ethan, and I was right.

Ethan: I hope you know that was totally worth being late to class for. BTW it is a date.

Hailey: How would you feel if I said I lied about having class? BTW it is not a date.

Ethan: You lied to me? How dare you!

Hailey: Shouldn't you be paying attention in class?

Ethan: I would but I can't stop thinking about my coffee day I have this afternoon.

Hailey: Does the girl think of it as a date?

Ethan: Not yet, but I'm hoping to change her mind.

I rolled my eyes as I plugged my phone in. I was tired and in desperate need of a nap. If I took one now, it would give me enough time to eat lunch and then go to my afternoon classes. That was exactly what I did.

After my classes, I immediately dropped my school stuff off at my apartment. I double-checked that I had my phone, wallet, and keys before rushing towards the door. I didn't want to be late and make Ethan feel like I stood him up.

"Where are you going in such a rush?" Ronnie asked as she came out of her room.

"I am meeting Ethan at Starbucks," I answered.

Ronnie squealed, "You're going on a date? This is a big moment for you."

"It isn't a date," I said flatly as I hurried out the door.

When I got to Starbucks, I saw Ethan waiting outside. He was constantly checking his phone, probably making sure I didn't cancel on him last minute. When he saw me walking up, he got a massive smile on his face.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," I said.

Ethan laughed and said, "I'm just glad you are here. Let's go in and order. Hopefully, there is a table for us to sit at." I laughed as we walked in.

Have you ever been to a Starbucks near a college campus or in campus town? It was insanely packed because students were constantly here working on stuff. It was insane how many people could fit into a tiny store.

"Can I please get a grande strawberry and creme frappuccino and a chocolate croissant, toasted?" I said when it was our turn to order.

Ethan looked at me and said, "You do know it is winter, right?"

"YoU dO kNoW iT iS wInTeR, rIgHt?" I mocked. He started laughing, and the barista gave us a weird look. "Did you tell Mother Nature that it is winter? Winter isn't supposed to be 60 degrees." Ethan laughed again and finished ordering. Right after we paid, a table opened up, so I grabbed it while Ethan waited for our order.

Ethan placed our food and drinks down and said, "Well, I guess I should start with the basics. My name is Ethan James Thompson. I am 20 years old and currently a junior with a double major in history and political science pre-law. In my free time, I play hockey for the school, hang out with my friends, and play video games."

"Wow, a nerd and a jock," I said while taking a bite of my croissant. I chased it down with my frappuccino. "I'm Hailey Ann Stewart. I am 19 years old and a sophomore studying biology. In my free time, I like to sleep, listen to music, and watch either Netflix or Disney+."

"I wanted to apologize for Friday. It was pretty stupid of me to ask you out in front of another girl. In all honesty, I didn't even like her. She was kinda bland."

"Then why were you on a date with her?" I asked as I took a sip of my drink.

"I was playing wingman," He explained. He was going to stop, but I gave him a look that told him to go on. "My buddy liked the girl's friend, but she wouldn't go out without her friend. We just finished the hockey game before we went ice skating, so I already wanted to go to bed. My buddy comes up to me and bugs me to do it. Then you ran into me, make my night better."

"Wow, I feel special," I said, rolling my eyes.

"What's your favorite fast-food restaurant?" He asked, changing the subject.

I answer, without a thought, "Culver's."

"Why? Isn't it just the same thing as Freddy's?"

I scoffed, "Freddy's wishes it was Culvers. Freddy's overcooks everything, and their cheese curds are just not the same."

"So, you like cheese curds?"

"It is just fried cheese. What isn't there to like?"

"You know you are weird, right?" He asked jokingly.

I shrugged, "You say weird, I say limited edition. You won't find anyone like me."

"Good," He said, smiling. I took a drink, "I don't want anyone like you. I just want you." I choked on my drink in response.

0