ONE
153 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hades Lestrange was a quite boy who didn't like socializing. Well, its not that he had something against socializing. He just didn't like people and he preffered his own company a lot more, maybe that's why he would sometimes talk to himself, it was the only intelligent conversation he could have.

"In two hours" he whispered, his dark eyes following the tree line that disappeared at the speed of the Hogwarts Express.

It was his first year, he was alone and excited, even if it didn't show through the calm and apathetic expression on his young face.

It was weird that he was far away from his aunt and uncle, basically the people who had raised him along side his cousin, Draco. It was the good weird. His uncle and aunt, even if they never did anything to hurt him, where sometimes a bit too tiring with their pure blood beliefs that had reached a level of obsession.

It could be worse of course, he could be with his actual parents.

Two crazy murderers who were loyal followers of You- know- who. Especially his mother, Bellatrix, he had never met the woman but he knew two things about her:

One, they looked alike and two, she was bonkers and not in the fun way. 

 He followed the outlines of the mountains in peaceful silence and if he knew that those would propably be the only silent and peaceful moments of his school year then he woud have cherished them a lot more. Or locked the door to the comparment

But he didnt, and the twin red heads stormed in without a warning, slamming the door behind them. 

Alarmed he watched the copies of the same person take a peek outside, they were obviously running from something. They exchanged a look, wide smiles adorning their features.

"Reckon they lost us, George?" asked one the other

"Probably" answered George as they moved to take the seat across Hades who kept following their movements, buffled.

The person who was not George finally acknowladge the dark haired boy "You don't mind, do you mate?"

Buffled, anxious and angry where three very strong emotions to feel at once and Hades feared he would overload. Which he probably had since he just furrowed his eyebrows at George and not-George, who copied his actions.

"I think he is broken" whispered George to Not-George

Oh, honey, you have no idea, he wanted to say but of course he would never say such a thing outloud since he avoided saying things altogether.

"Hi" Not George said a bit too loudly with an overexaggerated wave but Hades gave no reaction. Undaunted, he continued "I'm Fred" he pointed to himself "And this is George" he pointed at his doppelganger who gave a slight wave. "What's your name?"

In spite of himself Hades managed to say his name back, well, more like whisper it weakly. Too weakly for the twins to catch.

"What was that?"

"Hades" he said a bit more loudly, his nails diggings at the skin of his seat.

This time Fred smiled "Hades? Thats a cool name, right, George?"

His twin nodded.

Overwhelmed, Hades said a small thank you before gathering his hands on his lap, focusing all his attention to them.

The twins decided to let him be, or so he thought.

"What should we do for the dinner tonight?" laughed one twin

"Maybe smoke bombs?"

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, what do you say Hades?"

He was naive, far too naive to think that they would just give him a few peaceful moments. 

"Wh... What?" he stuttered looking up from his hands at the twins smiling, eager faces.

"You say smoke bombs as well?"

"For what?"

"The prank, of course!" they said in unison, kinda scaring Hades. 

"Why would you want to prank someone?"

The twins exchanged looks before looking back at him incrediously "For fun, obviously."

That unison thing is something that Hades found really weird.

"Don't you-" started one twin

"-like pranks?" finished the other

Hades had to ask, How the fuck did they do that? 

"I've never pranked anyone before, why do you do it?"

"Because we can"

"And because its fun"

"Now, smoke bombs, or not?"

And in spite of himself, he answered and that was the start of a great friendship that lasted a total of two hours, forty three minutes and eigth seconds.

The twins and Hades exited the now stoped train running while the candy lady screamed at them, yet they didn't care, for they were laughing and Hades couldn't remember a time where his stomach hurt so much from laughter, he had never laughed that much in his entire life.

The company of three came into a stop behind some students as a huge man was leading them. Exhausted, Hades realized something else, he had never run that much in his entire life either. 

"Blimey mate, you seriously need some exercise" Fred said patting him in the back as Hades leaned forward, with his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath. The dark haired boy found the strength to raise his hand and flip him off.

"How are you fine after that?"

"Well, we obviously work out. I mean, look out those muscles" the twins flexed their arms trying to show their very non existant muscles to Hades causing him to laugh only to clutch his chest in pain

"Stop being funny"

"Impossible-"

"-its in our nature"

"Alright everyone, move along"  called the huge man 

Hades, who was now seeing white spots, whispered "Santa?"

"Okay, grab him" Fred instructed George. So, they grabbed him by his sides leading him to one of the boats.

"Put me down, gently"

They threw him in.

"I said gently!"

He got up mastering all the balance he could since under his feet there was a very unstable boat, and sat down on one of the seats as the twins followed suit, along with another boy.

"Oh, don't be angry, Hadie."

"Maybe he isn't angry, Fred, maybe he is afraid of the water."

"Ohhh" cooed Fred, taking the seat next to him" Don't worry, I'll hold you hand all the way to the safe, and stable earth."

And so he did, he took Hades hand to his own even if Hades threatened to throw him in the lake to drown. But Fred continued holding his hand without a care as he opened a conversation with his twin and the other boy who had very politely introduced himself as Lee Jordan. 

"Hi" Hades greeted still trying to get his arm free from Fred's iron hold with no luck,

"Fred, let go this instant"

"Mmm, no"

And so, tired and angry as he was, Hades gave up and instead turned his attention to the water of the lake. It was pretty late so the water was very dark almost pitch black, and the only thing that broke the stillness of the waters where the boats that were occupied by students. And a tail.

Hades could have been mistaken but he knew he wasn't, he saw it. 

"Fred" he squeezed his hand softly

"For the hundreth time, Hades, I'm not letting go"

"No, idiot, look" he motioned with his head towards where he had last seen the tail.

"Yeah, uh, looking...." he trailed off 

"Just wait a second, will you?"

With an impatient huff Fred rested his chin on Hades shoulder as they both looked around the spot. And just when Fred started questioning his new friends sanity, he saw it too.

"Bloody hell..."

He turned to lock eyes with Hades who was giving him a 'told ya so' look

"And you thought I was crazy"

"Never said that" the red head smile, mischieviously  

"Yeah but you thought about it"

"My bad" 

"Hey, what are you two love birds talking about?" called Lee who was talking with George while Fred and Hades were on their little mermaid observation time.

"Nothing" they said, for some reason not really wanting to mention what happened not wanting to hide it. It's just wasn't necessary for everyone to know...

"See Hades? Told ya, you would be safe" said Fred as they got off the boat

"Yeah, yeah, can you let go now?"

Fred faked a pout letting go of his hand "You don't love me"

"Damn right I don't"

He made an overexaggerated gasp, placing his hand on his chest "That was just rude, young man"

Hades couldn't help but giggle, shaking his head at his friends antics "Come on, idiot"

"Can I hold your hand again?"

"No"

Being shoved away in a small chamber by a stern looking professor is defintely not what Hades had in mind when he heard of Hogwarts famous reputation. The first years were too many for the small chamber to the point where Hades was sandwiched between the twins. Trying to create some distance between them Hades took two steps behind only to step on somebody's toes

"Sorry" he hurriedly said, moving forward. This time stumbling into somebody else. Looking up he found Fred "Sorry"

"Don't worry about it" assured the taller boy putting his hands on his shoulders softly, to keep him in place and still create some distance between their bodies. The stern looking teacher, wh had been explaining Hogwarts' sorting ceremony finally mentioned the one thing that the new pupils where actually interested in;

"You will be sorted into your houses. The houses are, Gryffindor,"

The twins looked at each other in glee and excitement

"Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin"

Hades raised his chin, something the twins missed as they were too busy looking forward to be sorted in their house.

Finally, they moved in the great hall and Hades had to admit that maybe, Hogwarts reputation was well earned. It was a majestic sight with hunderds of thousands of candles guiding their way with the soft and warm flicker of their fire. But the candles that were floating in the air was not what caught Hades' attention, nor was it the size of the room filled with four large tables at where students were seatting looking forward to the sorting in anticipation. 

No, what caught his attention was the ceiling, which didn't resemble any ceiling he had ever seen for this one reflected the night sky, filled with stars and the moon, not one cloud in sight.

He could get used to this, he thought.

"Man, I'm excited" he heard Lee Jordan say towards them, capturing the dark haired boys attention.

"Same"

"But we already know what house we will be sorted into" Fred said cockily

Hades arched an eyebrow and crossed his arms, a smile playing on his lips "Care to reveal, you highness?"

"It's classified information-" started George, putting a hand around Hades shoulders

"But since we like you-" Fred put his own arm around Hades shoulders

"We'll tell you"

Lee and Hades exchanged glances, seemingly tired of the twins' antics.

"There is no question about it," they continued " Gryffindor"

The youngest Lestrange scoffed "How so?"

"Well, its the best house, of course. Courageous, and they have a badass lion as a symbol."

"Not like those cowards in Slytherin" continued Fred, glaring at the Slytherin table, too occupied to notice Hades unfold his arms "They are horrible, mom says, full of snakes that one. Back stabbing selfish cowards who care about no one other than themselves" 

Another thing he should have noticed, but was too busy to do so, was Hades slowly narrowing his eyes at them

"Wouldnt want to associate myself with these ones"

"They wouldn't want you, George, they have very high standards. You have to be as disgusting as them" the twins and Lee started laughing but Hades wasn't in the mood to laugh anymore, or be around them. Instead, he took notice of the arms the twins still had draped over his shoulders and with a swift movement he knocked them away.

Their laughter stopped "Oi, mate, what's-" Fred started but he was cut off when he found himself under Hades cold gaze

"Hades Lestrange" 

Without breaking his stare Hades scoffed "Honestly" before making his way towards the stool where the professor was waiting with the Sorting Hat.

Confidently he took his place on the stool and the hat was placed on his head for no more than six seconds when it screamed "SLYTHERIN"

The Slytherin table started clapping and with the same hautly confidence that was almost natural in his family and house he started walking towards his rightful place but not before he looked at his previous companions who seemed shocked and betrayed. He smirked, flipping them off and didn't pay them any mind for the rest of the night.

A friendship that was made in a matter of minutes was crushed in a matter of minutes as well. For that was it's worth. Worthless, to be more precise.

8