Quest Failed Pt. 1
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Daily Quest:

 

Pushups, 100: 12/100

 

Situps, 100: 21/100

 

Random Monster Eliminations:

 

Kill 10 Jello Slimes: 10/10]

 

Grey let out a long breath, wiping the sweat from his face as he looked around.

 

He tried doing the pushups and situps first, seeing as how there were plenty more of them to do than actually killing the monsters, but gave up pretty quickly once he realized he wouldn’t be able to do even half of them within the day. Which, he figured, would be fine, right? The punishment couldn’t possibly be that bad.

 

So instead he ignored those and went straight to killing the slimes. Which, now that he thought about it, he probably shouldn’t have underestimated it so much.

 

The slimes, while incredibly weak and didn’t actually fight back, could easily regain their health fairly quickly and cutting them only resulted in them duplicating so he had to spend the time to take down multiple, smaller slimes of a former one that was the size of a football.

 

It didn’t help in the slightest that he was completely inept at using the dual blades, which he swung around haphazardly, stiff and awkward.

 

“Annoying pieces of…” he cursed under his breath as he clumsily swung at the monsters.

 

Thanks to that, he spent the rest of the day just killing the amount needed for the quest.

 

Grey didn’t know the exact time of day, since there was no sun and the sky was consistently a bloody red, but the system was gracious enough to give him a clock on the bottom of the quest.

 

23:51

 

He only had nine minutes left to complete the first two portions of his quest, and he knew that wasn’t nearly enough time to finish it.

 

He just hoped the punishment wasn’t too unbearable.

 

Grey instead decided to check up on his stats, which he first did right after the system gave him his daily quest. It wasn’t too hard to figure out, merely having to say “status” and a small screen displaying all of his stats would appear.

 

When he first saw it, his stats were fairly simple, if somewhat insulting:

 

[Grey Auburn:

 

Job: None

 

Level: 1

 

Experience: 0/83

 

Health: 100/100

 

Magic: 200/200

 

Stamina: 100/100

 

Strength: 9

 

Defense: 7

 

Constitution: 7

 

Dexterity: 12

 

Intelligence: 5

 

Wisdom: 5

 

Perception: 6

 

Charisma: 3

 

Willpower: 6

 

Speed: 13

 

Luck: 1

 

Skill Points: 0]

 

He was definitely more speed-based, though he found it interesting that speed and dexterity were separate stats, but he supposed it made sense. Just because you’re flexible doesn’t necessarily mean you’re super fast and being super fast doesn’t necessarily mean you’re flexible.

 

Though he’d like to have a quick word with whoever came up with the rest of his stats. Charisma, fine, he was never really sociable to begin with, but the wisdom and intelligence? Are you trying to call him dumb? And his luck stat… Let’s just ignore that for now.

 

He was able to level up two times while fighting the slimes, though he feels a bit cheated on the experience because they definitely should have given more considering how annoying they were to kill, and was able to raise his stats just a bit:

 

[Grey Auburn:

 

Job: None

 

Level: 3 (1 + 1 + 1)

 

Experience: 27/174 (0 + 11 x 10)

 

Health: 100/110 (100 + 5 + 5)

 

Magic: 200/210 (200 + 5 + 5)

 

Stamina: 15/100

 

Strength: 11 (9 + 1 + 1)

 

Defense: 9 (7 + 1 + 1)

 

Constitution: 9 (7 + 1 + 1)

 

Dexterity: 14 (12 + 1 + 1)

 

Intelligence: 7 (5 + 1 + 1)

 

Wisdom: 7 (5 + 1 + 1)

 

Perception: 8 (6 + 1 + 1)

 

Charisma: 5 (3 + 1 + 1)

 

Willpower: 8 (6 + 1 + 1)

 

Speed: 15 (13 + 1 + 1)

 

Luck: 3 (1 + 1 + 1)

 

Skill Points: 2]

 

It seems the system adds a single point to each stat per level, as well as a single skill point per level. Well, it makes things easier for him, so he’s not complaining. Simplicity at its best.

 

A loud alarm went off, startling him. Panicked, he quickly looked around only to realize it was the quest itself blaring the alarm inside his own head.

 

He glanced at it only to see he had five minutes remaining:

 

23:55

 

Grey watched nervously as the clock slowly counted down to his inevitable demise, figuring that he should just save what little strength he could instead of uselessly throwing it away trying to finish the quest in vain.

 

23:57

 

23:58

 

23:59

 

00:00

 

[Daily Quest: Failed.

 

Pushups, 100: 12/100

 

Situps, 100: 21/100

 

Random Monster Eliminations:

 

Kill 10 Jello Slimes: 10/10]

 

[Player has failed to complete their daily quest. Transferring Player to the Punishment Room…]

 

As soon as he finished reading the message, he lost consciousness, a cloud of fear rolling over his heart.

0