Prologue & Ch. 1
75 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                                                       Prologue

Before the Story


It all started when magic was discovered. One portal connected to the wrong place led to us having a Demon King on our hands. Long story short he took over Earth with the several spells and monsters under his command. Us puny humans with limited magic couldn't put up a fight, at least, not a good enough one to resist. We found out shortly after he took control that he was even more ruthless in politics than on the battle ground. Human warriors known as "adventurers" set out on quests to defeat the Demon King and succeeded. Little did we know that someone else was already in line for the position of Demon King or should I say Demon Queen. The new Demon Queen was a succubus. She doesn't wish to harm humans and has put forth new clauses to spread "love." She may be more unhinged than the previous Demon King having turned all of the monsters into "monster girls" by infusing them with succubus blood. That brings us to now, one hundred fifty years after the initial events, where a young boy sets out on an adventure of his own. To escape out of context words and mob mentality.

Ch. 1

The Adventure Begins!

Sort of. . .

The year is 20XX. A teenage boy around 16 years old with scruffy brown hair, brown eyes, average height, and faint black circles under his eyes is sitting alone in his room packing, and his name is-

"Hey Milo! Breakfast is ready!" Milo's mother called from downstairs.

"Coming!" Milo shouted back

Milo hopped off his bed and swiftly walked out the door making sure to grab his backpack and other things. He walked down the stairs being careful not to miss a step. Not that it mattered because our friend Milo has very bad luck.He took a step and tumbled down the rest of the way with several loud thuds and a glass breaking noise just for good measure.

"Shit" Milo muttered angrily.

He opens his bag to find that all of his potions and other fragile items had not broken in the fall.

Talk about good luck! Milo thought to himself.

"Are you ok Milo?" His mother questioned as she rushed out of the kitchen.

"Yeah, I took a fall but everything in my backpack isn't broken so I'm ok!" Milo said happily.

"Oh. . . Well that's good! It would have been a shame for all of your potions you bought to have shattered!" His mother said positively.

Milo got up and headed into the kitchen with a little less swiftness and a little more limpness.

"Good morning son." Milo's father said dryly.

"Good morning dad." Milo said with equal dryness.

"Well are you all set to go on your little adventure? Did you pack a sword, potions, and rations?" Milo's father asked curiously.

"Yes dad, I packed everything you told me to." Milo said annoyed while shoveling his breakfast into his face.

"I don't see why you want to go on an adventure, we're one of the few human families left in this town! Can't we just stick together please?" Milo's father said angrily while reading a newspaper.

"No dad it's not just some 'adventure' for fun! It's about learning and trying new things! You know, seeing the world that kinda stuff." Milo said angrily

“What is it with kids these days and all that ‘trying new things’ bullshit?” His father asked angrily.

“What happened to all that ‘you can do anything you want’ bullshit you fed me when I was little?’ Milo said, still angry.

“I didn’t mean you could just leave and aimlessly wander the world!” Milo’s father yelled.

“Well screw what you think! I’m leaving and you can’t stop me!” Milo shouted back as he slammed the door behind him.

As soon as he was outside his head instinctively shot up to make sure no harpies were coming for him. No harpy around but the journey to school only gets more dangerous from here. His phone starts ringing. His friend Nucchi is calling him. Nucchi wears glasses and is half Japanese, but there really isn't anything unique about him past that besides his intellect.

"Hey man where are you?" Nucchi asked annoyedly.

"I'm leaving now, give me a couple of minutes." Milo answered just as annoyed.

"I'm sorry man it's just this lamia chick is getting kinda forceful." Nucchi said quietly as to not be heard.

"The same one that's been after you for the past week?" Milo asked curiously.

"No man, she says she's looking for you, and if I don't give you up she said she's gonna throw me into a swarm of hornets in heat!" Nucchi said  with a hint of fear in his voice.

"Why is some lamia after me?" Milo asked just as confused.

"I dunno man she said her name is Layla and that she's your childhood friend from way back or something." Nucchi said

"Layla eh? I thought I told her to leave me alone and stop harassing people." Milo said nonchalantly.

"Oh shit she's coming over here-"

"Hey darling~" Layla's voice rang through the phone.

"We talked about this Layla, I don't like you like that." Milo said annoyed at Layla's constant harassment.

"Awww. You always were such a tsundere darling~" Layla said playfully.

"Look, I'll be there in a second to meet my friend who's phone you stole. Please don't hurt him until I get there, and for the love of Maou please leave." Milo said, annoyed at Layla's antics.

"No~ not until I see your face again." Said Layla pitifully.

"Fine whatever just try not to harass anyone else, and give Nucchi his damn phone back!" Milo said, knowing he wouldn't win this argument.

"Yay~ I can't wait to see you again!" Layla said excitedly.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever I'll see you in a couple of minutes."

"Ok see yo-" *click* Milo hung up before she could finish. 

The subway station is already in sight from where Milo is and he, frankly, just didn't want to continue the conversation.

Milo sluggishly walked over to the subway station fearing for what kind of hell Layla is going to put him through today. He walks through the automatic sliding doors then suddenly!

"Hi darling!" Layla says as she lunges at Milo.

Milo manages to dodge her but all for nothing. She grabs him and wraps him in her emerald green tail, making sure to push his face in her chest.

She's gonna suffocate me. It's too early in the morning for this shit. Milo thinks to himself.

"Finally! I've got you now darling~" Layla says excitedly.

"Layla, please let me go." Milo says, finally prying himself from her chest..

"Awww. You're no fun! You used to have a better reaction. I finally get you after all these years and I get no reaction?" Layla says, while puffing her cheeks out like an angry child.

"Aah. Aah. Please somebody help me. She's gonna violate me." Milo says very sarcastically and unconvincingly.

"Don't throw salt in the wound with bad acting!" Layla says sadly as she unwraps him and brushes her golden hair behind her shoulders.

"You told me to have a better reaction!"

Milo says dryly

"At least put some heart into it!" Layla said exasperated.

"Anyways, how the hell did you even find me?!" Milo asked angrily.

“The same way any good wife does! I sensed remnants of your spirit energy here when I got off the train yesterday and decided to wait.” Layla said excitedly, as if expecting praise.

“Uh yeah, I forgot you could do that, and you’re not my wife.” Milo said, not actually knowing at all that she could do that.

“So, what have you been doing?” 

“Preparing to travel the world.” Milo said nonchalantly.

“What really? Can I come?” Layla begged.

“No! I’m doing this to escape, you know, meet new people and stuff.” Milo said hastily.

“Awww. You’re so mean!” Layla said, puffing out her cheeks once again.

“Look, I know you mamono have trouble with this word, but ‘no’ means ‘no.’” Milo said, unaware of the many couples that were in the station.

At that moment the entire station went silent. Every couple there was glaring him daggers.

"What a douche" "What an asshole" Several couples muttered.

"Ehe. . . What I meant was-"Milo was cut off by a male voice.

"Did you just refuse a girl that called herself your wife?!" The voice said angrily.

“Yeah! That makes you a big time asshole!” Another voice added.

Layla and Nucchi stepped away from Milo, fearing the chaos that was about to unfold.

“If you're going to refuse her, we’ll force you down and take you instead!” A female voice added.

Several mamono of different kinds stepped out of the crowd, eager to have a new husband.

"I um. . . Gotta go!" Milo said hurriedly as he jumped onto the train that just arrived.

“Hey don’t leave us!” Nucchi shouted as he grabbed Layla’s hand and started running towards the train.

Layla and Nucchi hastily jumped on before the automated doors closed.

"Get him! If he doesn’t want that girl as his wife then we’ll just let some other mamono have him!" One of the voices screamed as the train left.

"We’ll show him that the word ‘no’ doesn’t even exist to us!" Another voice yelled.

"YEAH!" The crowd shouted, some even sporting signs with a crude drawing of Milo's face with a big, red "X" over it, but the real cherry on top is that the words "Prudish Idiot" are written on them.

Now we return to our 3 friends. Luckily for them, no one on the train knew about Milo's "Accident." The three of them sat together in an empty car, an awkward silence making the air thicker than butter.

Until Lewis broke said silence.

"Great! Didn't know I was friends with such a prude." Nucchi said angrily

"Don’t act like you don’t want to be raped!" Milo said, just as angry.

"We don’t rape anyone! You could see that if you weren’t such a damn prude!" Layla said, anger being the clear theme in this conversation.

There was a moment of silence, the only noise being the occasional "ca-clack" of the train.

"We'll have to put all of this behind us for now. There's no chance me and Layla aren't targets as well. Me more so than Layla." Nucchi said, making the atmosphere less uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. We'll probably have to skip town too." Milo said, sounding almost disappointed.

"Hey uh, where's this train going anyways?" Layla asked

"I'm not sure. What time is it?" Asked Nucchi.

"I think it's around 7 o'clock." Answered Milo.

"Then I think this train is leaving town for somewhere called ‘Magmamelt’ or some name that’s similar." Nucchi said.

"Lucky for us!" Said Layla, almost as if she were rejoicing.

"Actually I dont think it's that far. Some people from our school live there." Nucchi said, shooting down any hope of completely escaping.

"Well whether I like it or not I guess you ended up coming with me anyways, Layla." Milo said unenthusiastically.

"I guess I did." Layla said happily.

"Hey guys, don't forget I'm here too!" Nucchi said desperately as to not be ignored.

And so begin the uneventful misadventures of Milo and his two friends.

The rest of the ride was spent in silence. Until the Captain came on the intercom.

"Now arriving at SizzleSand City."

“So it was a name like that!” Nucchi said as the three got up and prepared to exit.

"Milo how much money do you have?” Nucchi asked as the three of them exited the train. The station was strangely empty for the time of day.

“Not enough for separate rooms, we’ll have to share one.” Milo said, fearing the fact that he would have to share a room with Layla.

“I don’t have much money on me either.” Nucchi said as he pulled out a small pouch of bronze coins.

“I think I have some on me.” Layla said, digging through her. . . Chest area.

Layla pulled out a small pouch with 2 gold, 4 silver, and 6 bronze coins as Milo and Nucchi turned slightly red. Milo also took out his 10 silver coins. They pulled their money together in a slightly larger than normal coin pouch.

“It’s not much, but it’ll keep us alive for the time being.” Milo said dryly.

“I sure hope so. With what you said, we won’t be able to get a job anywhere.” Nucchi said disappointedly.

“I thought we were putting all of that behind us!” Milo said aggravatedly.

“I have, that was the last stab. I promise.” Nucchi said quickly.

“Anyways. That’s an odd spot to keep money, Layla.” Milo said while eyeing Nucchi suspiciously.

“Are you impressed darling? If it’s there I can’t get robbed without getting to scream ‘pervert’ like that one time some guy wearing red tried to pickpocket me.” Layla said excitedly.

“Yeah, I think I remember that. They beat him down in the street and from then on he was known as ‘Tomatoman.’” Milo said, happily reminiscing the scene.

“HEY YOU!” A feminine voice commanded, sending the three into a panic.

“Has word already spread around?” Milo whispered frantically to Nucchi.

“Maybe? It’s hard to tell with social media.” Nucchi whispered back.

“Yeah you, with the brown hair.” The voice said much more calmly this time.

“U-um, Me?” Milo asked with clear fear in his voice.

Milo turned around to see a girl with dark skin, red hair, and a tail that was on fire. She was wearing some sort of bikini top with a short skirt. Clearly she is a salamander.

"Are you much good with a sword?" The girl asked as the flames on her tail grew more intense.

"Eh?" Milo said, clearly confused by the question.

"Are you a warrior, is what I meant." The girl stated.

"I um. . . Guess so?" Milo said, second guessing himself.

"Good, then fight me now." She said while unsheathing her sword.

"Wait I don't even know your name!" Milo said, deciding on whether to draw his sword in response or not.

"It doesn't matter! Now my conditions: If I win you will be totally submissive to me, and marry me." She said sporting a strange yet seductive grin.

"A-and if I win?" Milo stuttered.

"Then I will acknowledge you as the dominant partner and be totally submissive." She said, sounding a little disappointed at the idea of him winning.

"Uh yeah, I'm out." Milo said, sounding disgusted.

"Are you sure?" She said, not sounding as disappointed as she should.

"Hmf! You can have him, I'm not his wife anyways." Layla said, finally deciding to say literally anything.

"Really? You see, refusal counts as forfeit, so that means I won anyways." The girl said with a snarky tone.

"You bitch!" Milo shouted while angrily pointing at Layla, who had a priceless shit-eating grin on her face.

"That's odd, I thought he had to defeat you for him to become your husband." Nucchi said, just as confused as Milo.

"Not every salamander has to go about it the same way! We all have a different method, that just happens to be the most popular one!" She said angrily.

"Huh, you learn something new everyday." Nucchi said.

"Anyways, you're mine now." She said as she pulled out a collar and leash.

"Sorry, but I ain't into that." Milo said while backing up slowly.

"Oh you can be honest with me. Tell me all about what you like." She said with a seductive tone.

"Gross." Nucchi muttered. Luckily, she didn't hear him.

Milo was cornered. She was blocking the exit, and he's certainly not gonna try to go around her.

"Hey I still don't know your name! Can we at least start with introductions?" Milo asked, clearly trying to buy time.

"If that's what you wish." She said, lowering her guard slightly.

"I'm Milo." He told her swiftly.

"And I'm your new wife, Vera, so come over here and we'll seal the deal!" She said excitedly while holding out the collar.

"This is that perfect balance between sexual harassment and comedy." Nucchi said while laughing quietly.

That's it! Milo thought to himself.

"Help, police! She's sexually harassing me!" Milo said with very convincing fake distraught.

"Milo, my poor, ignorant husband, you know there aren't laws against that right? At least not here at SizzleSand City." The salamander said with the same snark as before.

"Matter of fact, there aren't laws like that anywhere anymore. We learned this in history class Milo." Nucchi said, disappointed in Milo's stupidity.

"I knew that! Don't treat me like an idiot." Milo said, tearing up slightly.

"Also, there are no police." Layla added.

"Vera, they're hurting my feelings." Milo said in a clearly fake sad tone.

"Don't worry darling,  I'll deal with them." Vera said while closing in on Layla and Lewis.

"You dick!"

"You're gonna just let her have us?" Nucchi and Layla said angrily.

Milo nodded but said "yes" out loud as he pulled a frying pan out of his bag.

"I'll make you pay for hurt-" Vera was cut off as Milo swiftly brought the frying pan down on her head.

"K.O.!" Milo triumphantly yelled as Vera slumped over on the ground.

“Wow, I think that’s illegal for sure.” Nucchi said while checking Vera’s pulse.

“I didn’t think there were laws against assault anymore.” Milo said snarkily.

“Not against sexual assault, but definetly against normal assault.” Layla said while curiously looking at Vera.

“Hey, I think she was a police officer.” Nucchi said confusedly.

“I thought there weren’t any police, according to Layla.” Milo said, also confused.

“About that. . . There aren’t police where I’m from but there are police in most other places.” Layla said timidly.

Milo and Nucchi sighed as they moved Vera’s incapacitated body somewhere else. They notice a golden badge in Vera’s hair.

“The badge is in her hair. She’s definitely a cop and we can definitely be arrested, not to mention the laws against assaulting mamono.” Lewis said worriedly.

“Well there’s nothing we can do now. It was self defense anyways.” Milo said, brushing off the fact that he assaulted a cop.

“We might as well nope the fuck outta here.” Nucchi said while walking towards the exit to the station.

“I agree, good thing the station’s empty.” Milo said just now, realizing that there was no one but them and Vera.

“Well, we can at least hope there are no more police outside.” Layla said, while looking around just to make sure no one else was in the station.

She saw no one but couldn’t shake the overwhelming feeling of dread.

The three exit the station. The streets are strangely empty, and they give off a "desert town" vibe. Complete with sand roads and tumbleweeds. In the distance there is a volcano, but beyond that and the town is only desert.

“Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to take down the only police officer around here.” Milo said as he blankly stared down the street at all of the run-down buildings.

“Hey! Do you smell that?” A voice called from down the street.

“It smells like the spirit energy of two men!” A second voice yelled. Just then, several Mamono poured into the street searching for the source of the spirit energy.

“Yikes.” Milo and Nucchi muttered as they slowly walked back into the station. Luckily they hadn’t been noticed yet.

They moved several furniture items against the doors. The furniture probably wouldn’t help, but they needed something to slow down the crowd outside.

“What should we do now?” Nucchi asked while sitting down on a bench next to Vera.

“I guess we just wait for her to wake up.” Milo said while sitting down next to Nucchi.

“Should we tie her down or something? Just to be safe?” Layla asked while holding up a rope she found in the janitorial closet.

“Nah, it wouldn’t be a good wake up call.” Milo said nonchalantly.

"Then I'll have to use the rope on something else!" Layla said as she closed in on him.

"I agree!" Nucchi said as he held Milo down to help in the endeavor.

"You left us to her, so now it's your turn!" Layla said while trying Milo down.

They sat him on the bench next to Vera, and waited in the station for several hours. Just enough time for Vera to wake up.

"Now you don't wanna do this!" Milo said, frantically trying to appease Vera, who was climbing on top of him.

"I think I know exactly what I want. I didn't take you for the type that liked bondage though." Vera said excitedly.

"Guys help! She's gonna violate me for real!" Milo said even more frantically while the flames on Vera's tail blazed as brightly as ever.

"Hmf! Where was that reaction when I grabbed you?" Layla said as she walked over.

"Keep quiet and deal with it like a man! It'll be worse for us if we're found." Nucchi said angrily.

"Found? What's going on?" Vera asked as she got off of Milo.

"It seems the mamono here sensed mine and Milo's spirit energy and started a search party." Nucchi said dryly.

"What did you expect? Not many men come here that aren't already married." Vera said, clearly pitying them.

"Well that explains why there's only one train that goes here." Nucchi said, finally understanding their very warm welcome.

"Can you guys untie me now?" Milo yelled from across the room.

"Hey! They're in the station!" The voice from earlier yelled.

"One of them is already tied up too!" Another voice added.

There was a loud crash as the furniture blocking the entrance flew down the stairs.

"Holy shit! What kinds of species are in this city?" Nucchi exclaimed as he untied Milo.

"Well there are a lot of sasorizona and arachne and also some minotaur and-"

"I don't need a whole damn ethnicity poll! It was a rhetorical question!" Nucchi exclaimed as he cut Vera off.

Just then a sasorizona came into view. She had fangs that partially hung out of her mouth and a scorpion tail with a needle sharp stinger. Although, all sasorizonna look like this, she did have some unique traits. Her black hair was tied into a ponytail and she wore a bikini top with a mini skirt.

"I've finally found you, new husband!" She exclaimed as she looked at Nucchi, her tail dripping with venom.

"Jeez, her thighs are soaked! You better go fix that since you're her husband." Milo said, who was now untied and nudging Nucchi in her direction.

"Eh? You backstabbing bastard!" Nucchi exclaimed as the girl started walking towards him.

"Don't worry husband, I won't stab you in the back maybe just the neck." She said as she put on some sort of gauntlets that looked like pincers.

"What the hell? Since when do mamono have weapons?" Nucchi yelled confusedly as the girl continued walking towards him.

"If you're intimidated by my pincers I won't use them, husband." She said, seductively.

“This shit is fucked!” Nucchi yelled as he started throwing things at her to slow her advance.

Meanwhile an arachne came down the stairs. The arachne in this world don’t have the bottom half of a spider, but rather an extra set of arms increasing their agility when climbing on walls. The extra set of arms also make them more dexterous, giving them the ability to weave more complicated webs quicker.

The arachne in question had long, black hair and a school uniform that was black. Her eyes were a deep crimson and she seemed more driven by lust than her wits at the moment.

“Are you the one who was tied up?” She asked excitedly while looking at Milo and breathing heavily.

“No.” Milo said so calmly that you’d think the rest of his life wasn’t on the line.

“You don’t have to hide it! If bondage is what you like I could tie you up!” She said excitedly, still breathing heavily.

“No thanks, I’m not into the whole bondage-venom thing.” Milo said, keeping his cool very well.

“You’ll never know until you try it.” She said seductively, while intricately weaving a web with her four hands, as if she was doing cat’s cradle.

 

Milo shuttered at the thought. He wasn’t going to escape from this spider’s web, not easily anyways. Milo turned to Nucchi who, by some anomaly, successfully took down the sasorizona who lay passed out on the floor.

In that case! Milo thought to himself.

“Hey I think that guy over there likes bondage more than me.” Milo said while motioning to Nucchi.

“Good point! Now that she’s gone I can have you both!” She said, knowing his intention from the start.

“I don’t think so! You can have Nucchi but-”

“Darling belongs to us!” Vera cut Layla off, but that was just part of their plan. They’ve been rehearsing it this whole time.

“What is it with you guys and throwing me under the bus?!” Nucchi asked angrily.

Vera unsheathed her sword and got into a standard fighting stance. Layla brandished her claws and hissed. It’s time for a probably not so epic and anticlimactic fight scene. The arachne scoffed at the fact that they would actually challenge her and readied herself as well. They stood across from each other silently.

“It’s high noon.” Nucchi said jokingly in a cowboy accent.

“Dude, it’s two in the afternoon.” Milo said dryly.

“Just let me have this, ok?” Nucchi said sadly.

“Ready? Set? Go!” Milo said, trying to kickstart the duel from the “stare down” phase.

They remained unmoving for several more seconds then! Vera suddenly threw a fireball from her hands and the arachne swiftly dodged it. The arachne then tried to bind Vera with webs but Vera burned through them with another fireball. Layla, in tandem with the fireball, then rushed at the arachne, attempting to bind her with her tail. The arachne dodged this as well and threw a flurry of punches with her four arms. Layla blocked them all and slashed at the arachne with her claws. Then Milo suddenly threw a potion from his bag at the arachne. It was light blue, and upon the vile shattering harmlessly over her head, she fell asleep.

"Boy am I glad I bought those!" Milo said happily.

"Is she gonna be ok?" Layla asked frantically.

"Yeah, she'll be fine. Those vials are made to break and the glass is blessed so that the shards won't end up being sharp." Milo said while brushing the glass out of the arachne's hair.

"Now let's get the hell out of here before this sasorizona wakes up!" Nucchi said while gesturing towards the exit.

They check the streets. Yet another large variety of mamono consisting of kaikona, arachne, wasps and several others in the "bug" family. There were mamono of other families, like reptiles such as salamanders, lamia,or lizard men, but bugs seem most prominent. Luckily, they all seemed to have husbands and were happily walking arm in arm.

"Hey Vera!" A kaikona shouted as she landed in front of the group.

She had long, silver hair and pale skin. There were what looked like moth wings on her back that were white with black circles in some sort of pattern. She had antennae that were similar to a silk moth, and was wearing a yukata with an ornate design on it.

"Hey Mizu." Vera said cheerfully.

"Which one of these guys is your husband?" Mizu asked while gesturing towards Milo and Nucchi.

Layla then whispers something into Nucchi's ear and fear runs across his face.

"I-I am." Nucchi said shakily.

Vera catches on and starts cuddling Nucchi.

"That, he is!" Vera said while practically suffocating Lewis.

"So that means. . ." Mizu pondered while looking at Milo.

"Yep! This one is mine!" Layla said while cuddling Milo.

"Oh! It's great that the two of you found such nice looking husbands!" Mizu said happily but looked as if she were holding back tears.

"Have you confessed to that guy yet? What's his name?" Vera asked curiously.

"Actually, it seems that he's run off with some tramp." Mizu said sadly.

"I'm so sorry to bring it up!" Vera said apologetically.

"No no, it's fine. I should have confessed earlier." Mizu said, still sounding sad.

After that there was a moment of silence, and Mizu walked away and out of sight. She seemed to be holding back tears.

"Poor girl. She worked so hard to get that guy to notice her." Vera said sadly.

"Layla, you can stop holding me now." Milo said while trying to free himself from her grasp.

"Oh yeah, sorry." Layla said while letting go of him.

"Hey Milo, didn't Mizu go to our school?" Nucchi asked Milo quietly.

"Um, I think so." Milo said, second guessing himself.

"Didn't think she lived all the way out here. I guess she can fly though." Nucchi said as they started walking down the street.

Mizu had retreated to a nearby alleyway to avoid bursting out in tears in the street. It didn't matter though, you could still hear her sobs.

"Vera. That stupid bitch!" Mizu said angrily.

"Nucchi is mine! I've been after him for years!" Mizu ranted.

"He never even noticed how nice I was to him! He didn't even recognize me! It's all her fault!" Mizu said as she continued sobbing.

"Though. . . I guess I could just. . . Remove her?" Mizu said, seeming to calm down a little bit.

"That's a brilliant idea!" Mizu said happily.

"She took Nucchi so I'll kill her!" Mizu said cheerfully.

"I should go home and prepare!" Mizu said joyfully.

She walked outside of the alleyway and started flying towards her house, muttering Nucchi's name over and over.

Nucchi sneezed.

"Hey you're half Japanese right?" Milo asked.

"Yeah, why?" Nucchi responded.

"Doesn't a random sneeze like that mean someone is talking about you?" Milo asked.

"It's just a superstition." Nucchi said nonchalantly.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Milo said disappointedly.

The group of four may now have a bigger threat than mob mentality, and that threat is a crazy stalker. Their visit to SizzleSand city may not be the easygoing escape they thought it would be.

0