Ch 1 – Take Me to Illdyvia
51 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Nothing really changed that much in this chapter, but I'm building up the slow pace. Expect some old chapters to be longer and further beyond.

 

(This Chapter has been Revisited and Edited.)


 

There was a thought of a random person that kept openly thinking, "what if we can apply the entire pool of knowledge in games." Scientists, Researchers and the likes slowly caught up to this thought. They held onto it so desperately, and reached their goal of making the game with all the discovered knowledge of man.

At first, the use of it all was there. As time passed, it just turned into a normal game that's no longer maintained by the makers. Rumors rised, "it was just an experiment", "they used it as a facade to search hidden knowledge from people", "They thought they could discover anything from a game." The rumors kept going till that random person who originally had the idea, made a discovery.

Thanks to him, a few more years has been added in the years of studying. You'd be at least 25 to 27 before you graduate, unless you advanced in a couple of grades. I'm mad about it, but at the same time I'm grateful. I get to enjoy 'Youth' a bit longer along with the people with me in this journey called 'studying'.

Along with those achievements and change he has made during the past years. He and his team made game that feels like another world, where everything we know exist. Illdyvia.

"Hey Rei!"

I snapped out of my thoughts, as I barely heard someone is calling me across the running track.

  - The 3rd Day of Moonwind, Year 3127. Afternoon 14th Hour. -

Jogging around the track with no clear goal in mind, along with the faint voices of the other clubs and the sound of nature. The autumn wind flows, and the sound of leaves rustling can be heard. I slowed down my jog and checked who called me out. There's two people that I know that has the same voice, so it's best to be sure.

"Ah." The sound slipped my mouth the moment I verified who it was.

There are two people at the direction where I was called. They seem to be waiting for me to get to that area of the track while they take shelter under a shade of a big willow tree. The guy who called me out was Hanz, a friend who bleached his hair because it looks cool. As for the someone he is with. I can't tell who it is, the sun it too bright. Might as well continue the jog to the other side right? It is what I'm doing.

"Yo." I greeted them as I continued to jog by.

"Wha- HEY! COME BACK HERE!" Hanz yelled at me pissed for playing around. He even tried to chase after me, but I just left him in the dust. "DAMN IT! STOP!"

The person he was with let out a deep laugh. In that moment I identified out who it was. Bismund, a senior and a friend from work who took me by surprise when he was my senior at my University too. He's a cook at the restaurant we work on. As for his positions, he is a Pantry, Roast and Vegetable Chef.

"I know you guys are having fun, but you shouldn't keep Celia waiting Rei." Bismund said as he walked out the shade.

"Celia?" I asked.

"That girl who has a crush on you since senior high, I'm amazed we went to the same Uni. But C'mon, that joke is getting old. You guys just came here together this morning." Hanz grinned as he is pokes me with his elbow while he's catching his breath. "Her friend is also coming along, so we really shouldn't keep them waiting too long."

"I wonder what she is up to this time... Whatever. I'm gonna get my stuff and take a quick shower. Meet you guys outside." I jog away.

"Don't keep me waiting babe!" Hanz yelled.

"Are... you gay...?" Bismund asked Hanz with a concerned tone.

"Maybe? I dunno. What do you think Senpai?"

"I don't even want to answer that."

I arrived at the showers and my mind wonders as I do what I'm supposed to.

"I wonder what would she pull off this time?"

Celia has been interacting with me more and more for the past couple of days. The last event of Rise Online may have given her the idea that I'm currently vulnerable. I'd admit that I took at hit at the last event. The feeling was just a feeling of emptiness in the end. Less things to do, schedule is more open. I could just making a mountain out of a mole hill. Celia is just a person who forces herself to like me, but that doesn't mean every action she will take is an action to try to seize the girlfriend status.

I stare at the floor letting the sound of the showers echo in the near empty room. I organize my thoughts while the room around me keeps moving forward. Other men doing their own business, chatting, showering. I just sink to find how I feel about this, stalling the answer I already have with me.

I don't really know how girls think.


 

Finished taking a shower, I rushed out to where we usually meet up. When I arrived, Bismund is nowhere to be found. It also turned cloudy, the skies finally decided to provide it's shade when I'm no longer jogging. The weather is a jerk.

"And there goes the sun. Too bad Celia, I guess you can't make him go 'woah' anymore that the sun appeal is gone." The girl with black silky straight hair with a beanie said. She is most likely the friend Hanz and Bismund told me about.

"So that's why you want to wait here. How sneaky of you Celia." Hanz followed up.

Celia is wearing a different outfit than from this morning. I asked her about it at the time, but the clothes was most likely the extra luggage. Today is a frontal attack with looks.

"Geez, you two should stop bullying me. I just wanted to wait here. Rei might've not been able to find us if we waited somewhere else too." Celia replied with a pissed tone.

"I guess I should've been faster so you could've 'woah'd me. I feel bad wasting that opportunity when you have considered me not being able to find you guys." I teased Celia with an ironic sorry tone.

My eyes scan Celia from head to toe, but reversed so it's toe to head. She is wearing tight jeans to show her curves, it also has a rose out of threads hand sewn on it. Her shirt is the same white shirt, but she now wears a dark gray cardigan jacket over it. Her attempt with a straight forward attack to try to charm me made me smile. I pat and ruffle her hair.

"It's unfair that you know how I feel." Celia sulks as she fixes her hair. "Well... I guess I can't complain, you still stayed around after I confessed and all that craziness. Most relationships and friendships break after that."

"Well if you couldn't really name a single reason why you liked me back then, besides the one of me saving you from all the shenanigans. It must've been hard for you when I didn't answer after all that resolve."

"I'm quite guilty that I'm the one in our circle who suddenly vanished after that incident." Hanz laughs. "But that was our crazy high school days, and we've reunited!"

"There, there." Her friend comforts her. "I'll be here to comfort you from all the problems you get from your Mr. Dense Hero here."

"And I'll be standing by and supporting Mr. Dense's words." Bismund arrives and hands me a bottle of water while he takes a sip from his usual canned tea. He broke the faint negative atmosphere with his presence, without him even knowing. I bow signaling thanks. "Once you can name all the things and reason why you like Mr. Dense over here, you will not waver to any of the problems that will come in your relationship."

These two and their Mr. Dense charade.

"Now that Senior Bismund is back, let's go to that new mall!" Hanz takes out his Hoverboard.

"We shouldn't travel by air if there's a lady with a skirt with us." Bismund stopped him midway. "We should walk."

"I envy you Celia, having a gentlemanly senior." Tifa prods Celia on her sides. "Why won't you date him instead than your Mr. Dense Hero over there."

The nerve of this girl calling me dense at our first meeting.

"I'm not gonna let your words corrupt me Tifa." Celia answered.

"Oh right! We should invite them to the Treehouse Bismund-senpai!" Hanz sounded eager to invite us, I wonder what's up.

"Treehouse? At this day and age?" Tifa questioned.

"Maybe it could be on that Illdyvia game. You know, the one where all the knowledge have been shoved in." Celia guessed.

"Ding Ding Ding! Ms. Celia has guessed correctly! As a reward, you should taste the honey baked chicken Bismund senpai bakes a lot! Ah~ how could game food taste that good." Hanz puts his arm around me. "You should give them installers. Your dad did say to play it with people you know."

"I planned to once we have settled down and eating." I responded. "It's still came to me as a surprise when you and Bismund already have the game."

"Well we did plan to cheer you up after not ranking in the top 10 at the last event." Bismund said cheerily as he patted my back comfortably. "We two will be at Rybanhald for quite a long while. It's one of the center towns, you'll find us there a lot from time to time."

While at the corner of my eye. Tifa is patting Celia on the back, while Celia is muttering.

Illdyvia, huh. The game where all the knowledge was applied and put on. Back then it was like another normal world, but now it's just like any other game. I wonder why dad would give me a couple of installers. I guess I can't complain, it's a good change of pace too. The game I used to play signed off two weeks ago after all.


 

After venturing and playing around the new mall, we ended up in a restaurant called 'The Landing Spot'. It's apparently another branch where me and Bismund works on. It shocked us as a surprise that the atmosphere perfectly mirrors the one we work at.

We found an open circular table at the corner with the comfy leather chairs built with it, sat down, then proceeded to order. Bismund and I ordered green tea and couple of sandwiches. Hanz ordered chicken nuggets. Tifa ordered flavored shaved ice with jelly and ice cream, apparently it is called 'Halo-Halo'. Lastly Celia, ordered a bottle of brandy to drink her heart away.

"I would've never imagined that Celia would be an alcoholic." Bismund whispered.

"What was that? You got something to say, huh, Mr. Tall Guy!?" She's already drunk.

"You'd be amazed how much more sides of Celia has." Tifa giggled.

"Shut it Tifa! This is one of my most redeeming quality!" Celia yells loudly as she continues to drink.

"Can we please quiet down? We don't want to bother the other customers do we?" I suggested as an attempt to make our table quiet down.

Celia scooted closer to me and suddenly stole a kiss. "Whith fhis, ayl shush." She says as she continues drinking, even more drunk than seconds earlier.

"Aggressive now, are we?" Tifa giggled yet again.

"Shadhap Thifwa!"

"Anyways here's the installers." I took out the installers out my bag. The look like an injection that is the same size and shape as a pill. "Let's meet at Rybanhald tomorrow since it's a holiday and we are all probably be free."

"4 PM. Exactly. You'll understand once you log in once." Bismund said in a serious tone. Everyone took not that it is important.

"Hey." Celia tugs my sleeves. "Eenstall it fwo me."

"Okay."

I brushed Celia's hair to the side revealing her neck with a faint blue light. I stabbed the needle at it and injected the data. She shivers and gave me a cuddle.

"Very sneaky." Tifa grins

"It still scares me that our necks get opened up when we are born, so that they can change our tissues to a fleshy micro computer thing." Hanz thought out loud, as some pieces of chicken nuggets flys out his mouth.

"You should just eat without talking Hanz. Chickens are flying even though they shouldn't." Tifa blurted out a laugh.

"Well Hanz, you do have to admit that they're useful though." Bismund commented on Hanz's thoughts.

"Well you do have a point..." Hanz started thinking to himself again as he eats his nuggets.

"Also like Tifa said, just eat if you have food in your mouth and don't talk. We don't want chicken flying around."

We all bursted a short laugh.

"Mmm! You should let them hear that composition Celia." Tifa said to the drunk Celia.

Celia lays her hand slowly on the table and we all touched it. A heart calming yet heavy music box composition started playing. The music filled the air and gave our meal an atmosphere. It drowned the voices and noice that comes from the other tables, the other customers around us seems to be enjoying it too.

"What is this about?" Bismund asked.

"Ish mai fwustwasion end fheelins on diss guy." Celia answered as she lays her head on my lap and embraces my waist. "Hic."

She's too far gone, I have to take her back to the dorms. I thought I'd only be lending an arm and a shoulder. But with this composition, I guess it's okay to spoil her a bit.

I pat Celia's resting head. "Keep it up. I wish you the best."

After we all finished, we all went our seperate ways. I gave Celia a piggyback on our way back to the dorms. The crickets started chirping and the winds are getting colder. With that, it's officially night.

"You know I do mean that the composition I made was about you." Celia started a conversations, quiet and hung over from all the drinking.

"Yeah, I felt it."

She gave me a soft embrace. "I guess I could say I fell for your kindness."

"You would be falling for a lot of people then."

"You have a point there." She laughed quietly.

After several minutes, Celia tugs my hair with her lips.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Trying to get your attention." Celia giggles.

"What a weird way to get my attention." I lightly laugh along.

"Anyways..."

"Hmm..?" I let out a curious sound.

"Can you please put me down, I want to walk."

"Alright." I put Celia down letting her walk.

She quickly starts wobbling the moment she tried, and was unable to keep a steady balance. "Can I wrap my arms around yours..?" She asked.

"Sure." I whined.

She lunges at my arm and wraps hers around it tightly. She also pulls my arm towards her body too much that I could feel her breasts, but she doesn't care much about it. she just looks at me, smiles playfully, and commands me. "Okay, forward you go!"

It was much a slower pace than when I carried her earlier, but the mood of the night made it feel relaxing more than anything. Walking slowly side by side with a drunk while her arms was wrapped around with mine. My definition of relaxing may have been distorted after hanging out with this little demon for a long while. Though relaxing the situation may be, her smile fades after couple minutes has passed.

"You shouldn't give me a piggyback, it'll make me feel more guilty." Celia voiced out.

"It kinda pains me that you feel guilty about it."

"But... your leg..." Celia murmurs.

"That's all in the past. You shouldn't mind it."

Celia stops walking, forcing me to also stop on my tracks.

"Can I touch it again?" She asks.

"Tomorrow, we should get you back to the dorms first."

I know that she's talking about my prosthetic leg, but letting a drunk touch it might accidentally make it loose. I wait for Celia to give me any sign if she's gonna move, but she only stood there in silence for a short while. Her sober mind seems to be thinking about things seriously.

"Can I have a piggyback again?" Celia asked.

"Sure."

I gave Celia a piggyback ride. She wraps her arms around me tightly, trying to forget the guilt she started to cry quietly.

"Everything will be okay."

I told her without really thinking about it, but there shouldn't really be any more problem. My words reached her as she continues to quietly cry while she also laughs happily.

"Just let me stay like this for a while." Celia says as she loosens her embrace.

I say nothing in reply. I just went back to my first goal in mind, to take her back to the dorm. Midway, she fell asleep.


 

  - 4th Day of Moonwind, Year 3127. Night 4th Hour -

The crickets are still chirping while there's not a single ray of light of the sun to be seen. The calming feeling of nocturne on the morning night embraces the sky. The only light that can be seen are the light of lonely street lamps and the twinkling twilight of the remaining stars in the morning night sky.

I jog around my neighborhood along with the cool breeze of the night. No sure paths, no sure time, and no reason why. The only reason why I'm out and about is the fact that I woke up early and I was in the mood to jog. It only started as something I wanted to try, but as time passed, I was more in the mood to do so. I usually jog in a much more later time, but since I was in the mood, here I am.

A group message popped up. It's from Bismund. "Before logging in, make sure you guys are on a bed or something. You'll only leave an empty shell behind, and you will be a pain if you come back to it while it's on an uncomfortable position for a long while. Also the key words for logging in is 'take me to Illdyvia.'"

Be comfortable before you log in. Though it makes me curious how you'll leave an empty shell. Was there already a discovery on moving the soul or conscience out the body? How did they also discover it..?

"I'd rather die that go back!" A girl yelled and I lost my thoughts.

I wonder what is happening. It sounded that it came on the corner I plan turning to. Might as well see what's happening.

After turning on the corner, I was froze on my tracks nearly stumbling on what I saw. A young girl with shining black hair is running away, while two men in black takes their guns out.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing!?" The words came out of my mouth before I can even think about it.

"Not your business." The men in black started to chase the girl.

Normally my mind and body would've stepped back and be a coward. But strangely my heart is on full throttle. I don't know why, I was confused for a second. I'm focused on the next. Before I even realized it, I tackled one of them.

BANG!

The sharp and loud sound of a gunshot echoed and was consumed by the darkness of the morning night. I dropped on the floor as I my feel the pain course through my body. My lungs seemed to be filling up with blood making it hard to breathe. Even breathing itself is painful. Not only that but, every time my heart beats feels like it's bursting and ripping my heart. I never knew a gunshot be would this lethal.

"Your death wish, kid." The men in black continued to pursue the girl.

It's getting harder and harder to breathe by the second, my throat floods with blood. My body is getting weaker and heavier. My mind is fading. My vision is getting blurry. It's getting colder and colder. I'm slowly losing the feeling of my body. Ah... I'm bleeding out. So this is what dying feels like. If there was only a way to get away from this feeli-

With all my remaining strength, I said the key words that suddenly came in mind.

"Take... me... to... Ill... dy... via..."


 

0