Side Ch 6.5 – Rei and Kei ( 麗と恵 )
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

One day, two children were playing near a river deep in the forest.

"Hey Kei! Lookie here!" A young girl with a line of pink hair with all her brown called Kei.

She seems to be showing that she has climbed the highest point of the tree. When Kei saw her high up on the trees, he suddenly panicked.

"Get down from there, you might hurt yourself!"

"But I can see everything from up here!" The girl laughs as she shakes the tree.

Kei couldn't do anything but panic and readies himself to catch the girl. When the branch snapped, the girl lost her balance and fell. Kei from below was able to break the girl's fall but it came with a price. When Kei caught the girl, he fell back, fell unconscious, and the back of his head landed on a rock. He began to bleed out.

This time the girl was panicking. She pulled Kei back towards where people are while she was screaming for help. The girl is full of stamina but she isn't that strong. She can only drag Kei little by little. When she noticed that she is going at a snail's pace, she began crying as she slowly loses hope.

"SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE KEI!"

She yelled and yelled....

But nobody came.

. . .

By the time they got back to the road, Kei was long gone. No longer breathing and no responses.

"If you only didn't save me, you'd still be alive." She thought to herself.

The girl cried and cried as she held Kei in her small arms. She drowned in guilt that her friend died because of her. She cried for minutes until someone finally found them. It was a skinny slightly pale lady, she also seems to know the two.

"Rei? What's wrong?" The lady asked.

"Kei... is dead..." Rei answered as she sniffs her nose.

The lady quickly ran to their side and checked Kei. She touched Kei's forehead with her fingertips and closed her eyes. After a few seconds, she sighed a breath of relief.

"Don't worry. Kei is not going to die from this." The lady pats Rei's head. "I'll take him home for now. You can come over to check up on him tomorrow."

"Kei is not dead..?" Rei felt hope. "Is he really not dead?"

"No, he is not dead." The lady smiled as she picked up Kei.

"Can I come over now?" Rei asked.

"Kei still needs to rest after everything that happened."

"Oh... Okay." Rei felt sad but she started feeling better.

The lady took Kei away as Rei watched them walk away.

Rei wiped her tears away and promised herself to not put herself in danger anymore and change. Her first change was she didn't go back to the forest. Even as mush as she wanted to, she didn't go to the forest anymore. Her second change was she became more careful. And the last change was to always be with her best friend, and that friend is Kei.

The morning of the next day, Rei hurriedly got out of her bead and readied herself to go out. She skipped breakfast and went straight to Kei's apartment. She knocked on the door full of worry, but it all became happiness when the door was answered. On the other side of the door was Kei, unkepmt and drowsy as if he just woke up.

"Kei!" Unable to hold her happiness back, Rei embraced Kei. "Good morning~"

"G-Good morning.." Kei was embarrassed.

"Good morning Rei." The lady from yesterday appeared from the next room, she was also unkepmt. "I told you Rei isn't going to die from something like that."

"Is Kei a superhero?!" Rei said excitedly.

"I'm not a su-"

"Something like that." The lady cut off Kei and smiled. "He could be a hero for all you know."

"I'm n-"

"REI IS A HERO!?" Rei cut off Kei with her excitement. "What are his powers?"

"Well for one... He can't die while I'm still alive."


 

"Hey."

Someone lightly shook me to wake me up.

"We're here Myll. Rybanhald."

Rei woke me up, making me realize it was all a dream...

0