1.Final Mission
593 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*BOOM*

A grenade came flying across the compound and exploded near the car. Two men taking cover near the car immediately ran back to the half-destroyed two-storey building. The second they entered inside the building, the car that they ran from exploded creating a huge flame and slowly smoke started to come out of it.

"That's it! This is going to my last mission." said one guy who was wearing a mercenary gear and holding an M 16 rifle. He had few scratches on his face and dust-covered face which tells anyone that he's been on a battlefield.

"Don't Whine for every little blast Adam, grow a pair, will you. It's just a car and you didn't even get a scratch from the earlier car blast." said the other man who was wearing tactical gear with the              M16 gun and he even had a few grenades and a small blade on his back. His gear was intact as if it was newly issued one with no damage even though both of them been together in the mission right from the start. 

 Adam grumbled something about freak and huffed, this made the other man laugh.

 "Dean how come you take these things lightly?" questioned Adam lightly even though he half knew the answer. Dean raised an eyebrow at the sudden unexpected question.

" Its nothing I've been training since I was young and the people who taught me were the best" stated Dean. 

     Dean's answer raised a few more questions in adams head but he kept his mouth shut as they aren't close enough to ask those questions as they are borderline personal ones. They are mercenaries who are hired by a private organisation to retrieve a package from a certain person in the middle east. This person also hired a mercenary team to protect himself as he half predicted the situation. 

" Do you have family Adam? Don't be surprised by this sudden question, I saw you were looking at some photographs before the mission. I'm just asking if you don't want to answer it's fine" Dean asked while peaking through the door looking for enemies. Adam was surprised by the question as he comes to understand that Dean wasn't much of a talkative person so he was surprised that he was initiating the conversation that too asking a personal question. Adam still answered with a smile on his face.

" Yes, they are my family. I have a daughter who is 7years old her name is Beth." Adam told Dean even though they knew each other for a short while. He somehow felt like he should tell him even though in their line of business revealing about anything personal might be risky. In just a few days Adam found out one thing about Dean is that he isn't a bad person he is just strict, professional and incredibly talented in shooting and the rumour in the mercenary circle has it that he is the best out there.

" How is it? I mean having a family" This time Dean turned towards Adam. Adam was extremely surprised but still, he told him about his first meeting with his wife, how they dated for while, where he proposed and got married and Adam talked for a while without even caring that he is in middle of the mission. Dean in between asked Adam to stop as he shot a few people who were lurking near the building and changed the mag of the rifle. Adam himself was surprised that how much he talked to someone who he met 20days ago like he was an old friend. 

     Dean was also listening to Adam without interrupting and he actually quite enjoyed listening to adam telling about his family. He didn't for a second thought about having a family-like adam as he owes his life to his master who taught him everything and loved him like his own child and he was content with just that. He was also saddened by his sudden death 5 years ago and he couldn't quite deal with the pain, so he took more jobs than the normal. He never failed to finish a mission in his 28year mercenary life and he never actually missed a bullet as every bullet he fires will always hit his specified target and he doesn't leave the problems unattended as it might come to bite him back in the ass. He made a name in the field and his services were of high in demand.

     Dean who was listening to Adam suddenly raised his hand making Adam shut his mouth. He signalled him to look out the door carefully. Adam cautiously peaked as he readied his gun and was shocked by seeing that thing outside.

" What the f*ck is that doing here? We weren't informed of this otherwise we would have prepared and the other guys in the mission were on the other side" Adam screamed. Dean just frowned and didn't glare at the adam because he was also thinking the same thing. He lost communication with other members of the team half hour ago and still wasn't able to contact them. he could abort the mission but he wouldn't, as he has survived worse than the f*cking 'tank' but that time he had help. But more than that he was tired of all the killing and missions in life so he wanted to die in the battlefield rather than that of old age or some disease. he looked at adam panicking and said

"You go back and wait I will finish the mission alone "

"Are you crazy? You wanna go against the tank?" Adam shouted at him. Dean released his killing intent slowly suffocating Adam and scaring him. He looked at him and sighed retracting the intent but the tension was there, he spoke with a bit of resignation in his voice 

 "We are surrounded. They are cooperating with other groups. My guess is that information got leaked and they are here for me" Adam was extremely shocked and with a shaking hand he took out his binocular and moved upstairs to get a better view of surroundings and he came back 2 minutes later with a pale face. He didn't say any things as he asked him

" What should we do?" Dean was a bit surprised as Adam didn't blame him for the situation.

"I already told you, you will go back as I will be creating a diversion" Adam paled as he knew what the 'diversion' will cost Dean.

"NO!" Adam said after a few seconds.

" Look Dean, I don't know much about you but I know that you don't deserve to sacrifice yourself like that for me. We will think of something together" even though the chances of escaping together are next to zero, he has his set of codes and one such code is that you never abandon your teammate in your mission. Even though that code has its flaws but he still abide by it and that has helped him in many situations. He knows Dean is a good guy that's more the reason to help him.

" This is not your battle Adam " without giving him the chance to retort he swiftly went behind him and hit his head hard enough to make him lose consciousness. He quickly dragged his body to a secured location on the first floor and quickly checked his supplies and got himself ready for the tough battle and maybe his final one. He came downstairs and looked at the approaching tank and the enemies and with a smile on his face, he put his helmet back on, checked his gun and dashed outside.

6