Chapter 2
391 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I awoke to a moonless night in the middle of a frozen forest. The sounds of life all around me insects, owls, animals and some strange sounds I couldn’t put a name to. I looked around me and I was surprised that the dark did nothing to impede my sight. I remembered that the ancient goddess said I just had to think about information to have it appear in my mind in a game-like interface.

I thought about myself to have my own information appear:

 

Name: Obyrith

Magic: 100%

Divinity Reclaimed: 0%

Race: Daimon

Stamina: 100%

Followers: 0

Existence level: 100

Faith: 0

Blessed Followers: 0

It looks like my own existence level is 100 which should be rather high; well I assume it is considering what I was told. It also states my race as Daimon but I don't feel much different. I look at my own body to see what changes are visually apparent and I'm greatly surprised to see not only do I not feel cold being naked in this frozen forest but I also have well defined muscles. But these aren't bodybuilder muscles they compact and sleek, much different compared to my old skinny-fat body tempered through years of playing videogames and sitting in my chair doing my own office work. But the muscles aren't the most surprising thing, oh god no. My body is a dark purple with golden runes interconnected running all along my body from my chest to my legs. I want to see what my face looks like but there are no mirrors in the forest. I start walking around aimlessly looking for a stream but there are none, the only water I found was a river but the current is too fast and the mouth of the river is too far. Even with my new enhanced sight it is still out of vision.

Now I’m mentally exhausted after all the inexplicable things that happened to me today. It’s been maybe 15 minutes since I awoke in this new world but I already want to find somewhere to stay the rest of the night and rest. My first talent tells me I’ll be safe even if I sleep outside but it doesn’t feel right to do so and I see a shallow cave with some vegetation nearby. I walk about 350 paces to get to the opening. The cave is a few feet taller than my height and I say it like that because I have no idea how tall I am right now. I look inside and see some spider webs. I mentally analyze to see if I can find the little booger living here and a small status bar shows up.

 

Name: No name

Magic: no magic

Race: Orb weaver spider

Stamina: 90%

Existence level: 0

Loyalty: 0%

                                                                                 

I observe the little spider about the size of one of my claws; it has a huge white abdomen roughly the shape of a heptagon with one shiny black spike on every edge except for the one facing the head, a black head with fangs about half the size, it had a few black marking around its abdomen especially nearing the 8 red legs with black ends. It should evolve greatly, the ancient goddess told me my first follower will have absolute loyalty towards me and its strength should become similar to mine. Having a powerful spider ally should be a great help to me. Even Morgoth from lord of the rings got his shit kicked in by spider or at least that’s what I tell myself when trying out my new powers. Especially this little one that is terrifying enough as it is. I move my hand slowly and gently using my instincts to use the power given to me by that goddess, when I finally touch the creature I instantly feel a connection while I pour my power in the way that I feel is best.

While doing this many images pass through my mind a huge spider-like beast the size of a building with web the width of my arm that can destroy most things in its path, a large house sized spider with the small torso of a woman above each of its legs, an Arachne about 4 meters in width and 3 meter tall with fierce claws and a mouth with large fangs that look all too monstrous to be even remotely human. I finally remember on an old monster from my time playing dungeons and dragons. It was a shapeshifter that can go from the form of a human to a beastly spider at will. So far it was the only image I didn’t find repulsive so I focused on that image for my first companion. I want my champion to be intelligent, elegant and fierce. I don’t know exactly what I look like but I assume that is more or less the image my appearance inspires. I feel the slow drain of my power.

My eyelids grow heavy and the mental exhaustion of the day so far takes me to the land of dreams.

There is a deep abyss inside the dream. Slowly a light pierces through and I notice my body was inside a shell, outside is a huge spider that looks really similar to the one I picked up today it feels like it has a protective instinct over me, I understand immediately it is my mother. The scene changes and suddenly I’m surrounded by what I identify as my brothers and sisters on top of our mother waiting for our next meal. The next scenes are me getting bigger while a scene repeats itself. Eating and waiting. Eating and waiting. With no change whatsoever until a giant hand picks me up and then it stops.

------ Spider POV ------

I was just a normal creature or at least what I assume was a normal spider. Then this giant thing came in contact with me. I was filled with boundless power and new understanding of the way things work not only with me but also in how the world is and works. I learned a lot from the memories of the divine one. How to speak, what to speak about, and what he wants. After thinking about it my role is to help him do what needs to be done to make his role easier, his role bearable and bring his ideas into reality.

During this time she realized that while he wants to prepare for any eventuality of those strange beings coming for him he doesn’t really care about them on a personal level. He doesn’t care if they live or die his only concern is whether they come find trouble with him, and based on what was said that trouble will come eventually.

All these thoughts flowed into her mind as she was slowly being transformed by the power of her divine savior waiting to be filled by his power and having the privilege of having her new form seen by her god, her teacher, her messiah.

-----MC POV-----

I opened my eyes and saw a beautiful woman in front of me. She was naked as was I. There was nothing of a sexual nature going on, we felt connected beyond what any physical bond could it was a connection of the soul. Her alluring figure gazed at me waiting for me to say something. Anything.

I knew that she was the first subordinate I had made through the power of the gods. I spoke to her in a half joking tone. “Your name is Kumo. From now until your end you shall be my champion and serve me for whatever I require. Whether it be fighting these so called gods, companionship or any miscellaneous tasks I may need done.” I don’t know why I said this but it felt completely natural even though I could tell the tone I used was wrong.

She nodded and responded “By your will divine one.”

Well I while not unexpected it still surprised me how readily she agreed to everything I said. Her firm determined tone and way to address me makes me feel distant. Well to her I probably a god or something similar so it makes sense but still I guess I’m a little lonely. I’ll have to turn her from a subordinate into a companion after she gets used to hanging out with me.

I didn’t have much attachment to earth in fact I can’t remember too many specifics from my time there. I don’t think they were lying when they said they picked the weakest soul there, but the fact remains I remember companionship having relationships, friendships, a family. Looks like I had been dead for quite some time, considering I remember these concepts but I can’t remember my parents, sibling or any other loved ones.

I look at her again this time I can’t help but gawk at her a little. I knew she was beautiful but when truly looking at her I can’t help but notice her mesmerizing black eyes. They seem to draw in your gaze and keep it there in a way that makes you forget everything else. It should be some kind of ability. I forcibly lower my gaze and see she has an extremely pale shapely body in the form of an hourglass. The only thing that doesn’t seem to fit into the image of that supreme beauty is her arms or more specifically her hands that are completely black with dark claws at the end of every finger.

Looks like some of the traits from when she was a spider remained. I ask her to morph into her spider form to see if it’s completely lost.

What I saw shocked me so much I couldn’t help my mouth hanging wide open. She turned into a monstrosity that was pushed out of the cave by her own transformation. Some of the vegetation both inside and outside the cave was crushed. I can hear any animal or monster run away as a sinister aura seems to leak out of her very being. It’s a giant spider about three times my height and some 20 paces from leg to leg. Her massive white abdomen is filled with spikes small ones that might have been hairs before the transformation cover her entire body while the large spikes on her back look like they could pierce a tank like needle does cloth.

I can’t help but be satisfied with the boon I chose and without further hesitation I mentally call up her new status.

Still getting the hang of writing if you can please leave a review or comment so I can improve the story. Thanks! :D

16