Chapter 5
280 7 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looks like I have to start making monsters bit by bit. Right now I need to evolve fast breeding monsters with mana so I can quickly level my followers. Hmm… what multiplies quickly and can improve their existence quickly? Right now I’m thinking of 3 monsters species that my monsters can fight and eat maybe some vegetation so I can make mana infused herbivores to eat these plants. I’ll make a new ecosystem.

The new species should have a short pregnancy and create more mana infused animals until they reach the existence limit and then I can decide whether I fucked up or I can evolve them again. According to what I know they’ll be born with the new species’ base level then increase until they reach the limit. I can’t magically turn everything into powerhouse like Kumo. That was a one-time done deal, or it that’s how it is with my current power and authority.

So to start lets evolve 10 fruit trees. I will its information to come up and apparently it’s called a mewberry tree. The fruit is eaten by birds, bugs, rodents and rabbits. The fruit kinda looks like raspberries but they’re green and fall to the ground when they reach maturity. The trees are surrounded by some carnivorous plants called Immensus Forest Sundew. Looks like this place is called is called Immensus Forest. Huh got the name of the place from the plant. I’ll evolve the plants surrounding it too as a reward.

The trees look the same but the fruit goes from green to a more teal color. It looks like the change was minimal in the trees. I snap a branch from a normal one and an evolved one to check if there’s a change in the wood, and sur enough the blessed trees are twice as strong as the unevolved ones. It’s still a soft tree though definitely not fit for lumber. The carnivorous plants move a little bit and start emitting a strange scent. Is it a lure? Maybe.

I don’t really know. The hairs or whatever they’re called seem stickier and significantly more acidic. I open up the stats from the plant and I’m hugely surprised.

 

 

Name: No name

Magic: 20%

Race: Hungry Immensus Forest Sundew

Stamina: 80%

Existence level: 0.3

Level Cap: 2

 

Looks like moving and producing the acid was a consumed a lot of the plants energy. With its new level it can probably eat basic animals no problem if they’re careless. Maybe I’ll throw an animal there some other time to check it out. But the new level cap is interesting. Looks like my analytical ability allows me to see the information I desire or have an idea about. I’ll test it more some other time to test my current limits.

But taking a closer look the existence level hasn’t reached 1 yet. After searching my mind for answers I’ve understood that an existence level of 1 is equivalent to a 13 year old boy with no training in a craft, fighting or magic. Huh… levels make more sense now. I’ll experiment some to understand the relationship between strength, knowledge and level. So I can understand both my followers and my strength in greater detail later. Now it’s time to really make some monsters!

I command my wolves to search around for hares and rats. Because rats and hares reproduce quickly I can build I pit like I did with my deer and have them fed and reproduce in a controlled manner. Then fight and get eaten by wolves. The plan is perfect. I decide to grab a few deer and evolve them as well for being good sports about having their comrades eaten a little while ago. I grab 8 of the 20 left, 4 males 4 females. They rise from 0.8 level prey to level 2 badasses. Heh. Never thought I’d call a level 2 a badass.  

Their leather tougher, their bones and muscles stronger and their bones sharper they run away to eat their plants. While they are more aggressive it looks like their nature hasn’t changed at all. They will always be prey at heart.

While walking around waiting for the new hares I bless some grasses and brushes in a 50sqKm area. Magical animals need to eat magical plants. Otherwise they’ll just stagnate and never grow and will have a harder time reproducing. It took me about an hour to finish blessing a bunch of plants. Since I’m not raising their existence level by even 1 point my magical and divine power consumption isn’t too large.

After about an hour and 30 minutes later my wolves are back. Time to become a monster creator. They brought back 12 rats and 18 hares. Hmm… I’m thinking on what kind of monster to make. Every fantasy world needs to have horned rabbits or hares. Well I can just name the new species rabbit. I don’t care we need horned rabbits as our starter monster. The rats well are there any cool rats in fantasy? I don’t want them to be too intelligent or they might become a real problem. What if I try and lower their intellect and increase their size and strength. That’s it giant rats! I knew there was something to be played with.

I build 2 pits and throw the rats in one and the rabbits in another so they don’t escape and  start and end the evolutions with no problems. Then I analyze both of them to see what everything looks like.

 

Name: No name

Magic: 0%

Race: Horned Rabbit

Stamina: 100%

Existence level: 0.3

Level Cap: 2

 

 

Name: No name

Magic: 0%

Race: Big Rat

Stamina: 100%

Existence level: 0.3

Level Cap: 3

 

While they have no proper magic of their own, the blessing that strengthened them allows them to absorb some magic into their bodies to strengthen themselves. Trust me. I checked. Otherwise why would I waste my time creating fodder for my new companions? I wouldn’t. This is all for a brighter future for me.

The rats a greyish brown twice as big as they were. They’ll get bigger as their existence increases probably. Otherwise the giant rats wouldn’t really be big right. I’ll turn them into giant rats if I evolve them again.

The horned rabbits look about the same but quite a bit stronger they have a small about 3cm horn on their foreheads that seem pretty sharp. If my skin weren’t so tough I wouldn’t want to be body slammed by them. They may be the same size but I can tell they will also grow in size as their level of existence increases. Right now both the rats and rabbits could be considered babies of their species. I kill a normal deer from the pit and throw it into my rat enclosure so they can feed and condense some water into a little hole in both pits so they can drink.

Now I need to get some rabbit food. Luckily I just blessed a lot of plants so I use my magic to uproot a bunch of them and throw it into their pit. I also move an evolved mewberry tree so the largest branches hover over the pit. When fruit matures it’ll fall into the pit so they can eat. Magic really is helpful when you’re a divine being with instinctive knowledge of how to control it.

Just when I’m done with all of this Kumo runs over to me and says:

“Lord Obyrith I have finished what you instructed me to do. Ten bears of each gender have been captured, half are cubs. Five pairs of foxes have been captured.  I have left them in my web a few kilometers south.” I reply with a nod.

“Good. Bring me over to see them.” I walk side by side with her. I’m excited by the idea of having both more followers and a greater variety of them. We walk at a steady pace for about 20 minutes until we arrive at clearing with only 8 large trees completely covered with webs. With some animals trapped all around. The bear cubs have the same level as the foxes, about 0.2. While adult bears have a level of 5. All of them are stuck at 5.

I start with bears turning them into were-bears similar to the alpha wolves. Their brown fur turns tough like armor. Their muscles compress, while their bones become tougher. Their eyes shine with an intelligence no beast that savage looking has the right to have.  I feel the drain of magic and divine power after evolving them from level 5 to 8, while their limit was 10. I didn’t want to start the foxes’ conversion to humanoid shape just yet. They needed to have a stronger base before that so I just enlarged them to about the size of a big dog and started granting them as much control over magic as I could at the moment. This amounted to little above 0 control, but the foundation has been established for their next evolution. Their current level was 1 but they had a huge limit of 5.

The faith power these bears and foxes offered me was less than the wolves, but that is to be expected. Their population is much lower. I give them the same speech I gave the wolves with again ends in exited roars and shouts from these beasts. But this sound makes me happy. This is the sound of the true beginning of my theocratic empire.

Well take it slow. Spend a year or 2 in the blessed land and then go deeper north into the forest to look for a greater variety of beasts and proximity to a lake or water source to commence the construction of a city. I’ll stay here until my followers all have true humanoid forms. For now ill observe the lands I have already blessed and have my followers hunt and eat the beasts I have made.

 

Just finished my 5th chapter and writing is pretty fun. If you wanna help me out please rate this story or tell me what you think. You can also give me new ideas on which animals to turn into monsters next. I might go with the classics or come up with something new!

8