Chapter 8
227 9 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s now 8 months after my talk with Kumo, so it should be day 240 year 1 age of the curse according to my new calendar. After the talk she sat still doing nothing for like a month, but didn’t warm up to me at all. At least it doesn’t feel like she did. I’ll nudge her in the right direction whenever the opportunity arises. There has been great progress with not only my current followers, but the land I where I infused some magic.

First off all my foxes were able to level up their existence to 3. They are now the size of medium wolf. The fights between my followers and the rats and rabbits were never too exciting. Not huge like the old alphas of the pack but big enough to be pretty scary. It was never too exiting. The foxes were crafty so whenever a big rat came at them they used their more powerful musculature to jump over them and grab their necks in a flip tearing their throats. Sure it was exiting the first time but it got boring when it became their main strat.

It’s like eating an entire cold pizza in the middle of the night. If you do it once every now and then it’s great because everybody loves pizza. Do it for a month without missing a day and you’ll start to hate your life and question the life choices that led to your increase in waist size and decrease in wearable clothes. That is to say you get sick of it after seeing it 30 times.

About a month ago the rabbits and big rats escaped though so no more fights. One of the little boogers was too good to die apparently and made a tunnel into a clearing. Crap! I knew I should have reinforced the pits. After the rats ran away I let the rabbits go too. I don’t want to play with them anymore.

The wolves are all level 5 now except for the three big ones I found with their pack. Their level hasn’t changed. I’ve named them Ben, Den and Zen. That way if I get one of their names wrong I can insist their hearing was wrong. So far Ben and Den having been working hard trying to catch prey, but Zen is lazier. She just wants to learn magic but cannot comprehend its complexities so I’m trying to teach her the basics right now. After all few beings can control magic as easily as I can. Even Kumo needs to prepare the runes for her spells. She does it extremely quickly and shortens the amount and complexity of the runes through some weird chanting but she needs to prepare all the same.

I on the other hand just guide my magic and infuse it with my will and it does what I want. It feels good to be powerful. I should start a cult around me!

Oh.

Wait.

I already am.

Hahaha. I laugh to myself. Ok enough kidding around, back to business.

The blessed lands have shown some very interesting reactions. The animals there have been growing in size and ability. Many insects, birds and other small animals could be considered the most basic magic beasts. The lands are also expanding and lowering in magic density. It appears that the magic there is too concentrated compared to the surrounding area so it will thin and spread until it reaches a naturally manageable magic density.

After all we all know nature works in cycles. If something inside an ecosystem cannot be consumed and replenished, it will fail. So I think I have a good enough idea on how to create my utopia. My very own theocratic empire centered on how to make things fun and safe for me.

All we need now is to find a proper spot. In order to this we have been preparing for about 3 days now. I just evolved and observed some scavenger fungus that ate dead matter before I evolved it. Now it fused together into some type of corrosive ooze. It won’t eat through any material that is too tough but they will eat flesh at a pretty alarming rate.

I call this the slime. This is the first time one of my evolutions has created such a large change in anything. Maybe it was the properties that particular fungus had that made it more prone to spontaneous mutation but I find the idea of turning regular fungus into this thing fascinating. I’ll have to try evolving other things in the future. Here is the stat box for the curious:

 

Name: No name

Magic: 100%

Race: Slime

Stamina: 100%

Existence level: 0.5

Level Cap: 2

It seems like this creature uses some type of magic to hold itself together and is made almost entirely of digestive compounds like enzymes and acid. It does appear to have some time of primitive brain that is distributed along its body that allows it the most basic of instincts.

I made quite a few of them and then set off to leave. I’ll come back here to check on everything someday but right now I want to make my legendary empire. So we set off north. I want a castle on top of a mountain, or in an island in the middle of an immense lake. I thought of making a floating city but I don’t have enough power to maintain that type of spell indefinitely yet. Maybe I could make my own dungeon world underground somewhere. I do look like a videogame demon lord so it wouldn’t be too out of character. I’ll see what I find to decide what to do.

For now I want us the head to the north so I can find new things to do and think about where and what style to make my city. I call everyone over and tell them it is time to depart. Goodbye temporary cave home, monster lands and other fellows I met here. Our time wasn’t together wasn’t long but it has come to an end. At least for now.

The sun is just rising in the east early in the morning. Soft wind caresses my skin as if giving me a gentle hug goodbye, leaves crawl over my feet as if begging me to stay. I’m a bit bummed I have to leave this place to get nicer place to stay. After all this is where I arrived in this world. In a weird way you could say I was born here. I bless the lands around me again hoping ill see something new the next time I come around here, and leave with all my followers in tow. Hoping for more plentiful and larger prey in the next place we go.

I will mark this part of the forest. That way if I ever want to come see the creatures here or bring a few new ones I can fly at low altitude and drop them off here. I should come here one every few years to check on things. Who knows maybe once I’m powerful enough I might come here and deck this place out into my main city again, but right now I want to explore a new area. Farewell.

After we get our own place it will be time to start the bloody training in evolution in earnest.

 

What type of base should he build first?
  • Dungeon base Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Middle of a lake base Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Mountain base Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Other (write it in the comments) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 27
6