Chapter 13
295 12 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-----Obyrith POV-----

It took me quite a while to find a place I like. In the end we settled on a huge mountain near the sea. I used my magic to create my residence that ran along part of the mountain towards the city that is mostly finished for my followers. That way it can be considered both my castle where ill only see people I want to see and the building lower on the mountain will be my shrine and temple.

This symbolic connection of the church with my residence will make them feel closer to me and make the faith and powers they channel into me through the shrine more concentrated.

Making the castle was really fun for me. I used all the material on the peak of the mountain and reshaped it into my castle. This allowed for several features to my castle. The first is the large amounts of flat ground in and around the castle I also didn’t have to look for material. I placed all the dirt to make some gardens and stuff around it. Fill it with some cool man eater vegetation once I get more basic carnivorous plants I can evolve for now it only has grass. The stone for the castle was also made from the stone in the mountain.

This volcanic mountain contained many cool building materials I could use to make my castle. I used mostly obsidian as the main construction material, with rhyolite details both on the outside and inside the castle to give it some contrast and make it look less monochrome.

I made it in the shape of a large pentagon. I made one tower at each point of the pentagon of 2000sq m in area and a height of 80 meters. The courtyard connected each of the towers had walls that had about 40 meters in height.  In the center of the courtyard was my residence. I made a keep a huge keep.

One that would show my power and inspire awe and fear on all who come near that were not a part of my congregation. I inscribed runes with some of the mithril deposits in I gathered. This metal was called holy for a reason. It can retain the magic power infused in it and it can also store divine power. Considering I infused plenty of my divine power the effect would certainly be strong.

The entire keep was about 200 meters tall. Completely encased runes and decorations and although mostly square in shape in the shape at its base it grew into a pyramid shape with a platform at the top. Like this I would have a regal way of addressing the entire empire using magic to amplify whichever message I wanted to communicate.

On many roofs and walls I made murals out of embedded gems depicting some of the most relevant scenes since my arrival in this continent. The most prominent ones so far were me finding Kumo on a wall I also showed Kumos monstrous spider form on a scale of 1 to 1. I made the scene of me cursing the Wanklings in one of the towers. Some depictions of ancient monsters and magical beasts from my own world also decorated some murals and roofs.

I was going to eventually make some of them so I didn’t want to forget them. I’ll get around to it eventually.

On the outside the runic symbols surrounded by rhyolite and polished obsidian gave the keep the visage of a god’s residence… well at least according to me. Most of the towers and keeps were empty for now with only rooms inside and nothing to decorate. Filling my house is 80% of the work.

I will slowly fill everything up in the rooms and make more murals eventually as I do more stuff. I cut the mountain that surrounded the external mountain into a steep cliff where there was only one path to ascend. I’ll do something with this too once I think of something.

I also made a tunnel from the external garden to my shrine.

The shrine was made in the same way as my castle but the architecture resembled my own clawed hands grabbing a sphere. It seemed like a good idea at the time… you know your gods hand holding your faith but as I looked at it from afar I noticed it looked really creepy. It seemed less like a god holding your world and more like a devil coveting the world.

Oh well. I already made it so they’ll just have to deal with it. Making everything took me about 3 months of constant work. It wasn’t because of a lack of power but more so because I couldn’t decide on the design. I stored excess precious metals and gems inside a basement in one of the towers I hollowed out. The extra building materials I threw into the sea.

I can always hollow out more of the mountain for these rocks.

After I felt satisfied with how everything looked for now I blessed the entire mountain and 2 km of its perimeter with my own magic with as high a concentration as I could. This unintentionally sped up the development of my subjects, who I had now evolved into a permanent humanoid form. All of them were at least level 15. With their limit being 20.

The foxes had an extremely developed magic control, but inferior physical capacity. Still better than a humans’ I think but inferior in regards to the wolf and bear men. They looked like a human except they were only about 1.75m tall on average with a slim build, the same ears they had as foxes and 4 tails one I’m guessing for each evolution of their species. They were very intelligent and undertook the task of designing the facilities after I told them about what I could remember. There were now about 50 fox men and women. There were 20 adults since they aged faster at prior evolution points. Through the parents’ bloodline I could evolve the children, babies and teens into the same form.

 The bear men were freakishly strong and stout. They were tall with the shortest adult about the height of Kumo. Both their men and women were heavily muscled but did not appear excessively bulky, they kept their great claws that amazingly did not impair their dexterity with small ears at the top of their head. These apparently liked to build. They crafted what the wolves requested and became interested in blacksmithing and many other trades I described. They built their own forges and workshops based on my tales and some help from the fox men. They also numbered around 40 with 20 adults.

The wolves were more balanced neither slender nor too heavily muscled. They were the most numerous and didn’t have a heavily preferred role like either the fox men or the bear men. Many of them turned to raising livestock and practice fighting between them. Their tail ears and fangs were mostly the only traces of their non-human origins.

The only problem was that the higher their existence of their species the more difficult it was for them to increase their number. It also took longer for them to develop into adulthood. Well I have time like I’ve said before.

I will give them 10 years to increase their number and for their teens to reach maturity. Then I’ll have them fight some bestial races I will create along the bottom of the mountain so they can hone their weapons, tactics and magic. This way they will not be too naïve in the ways of war.

War while bloody always brings with it innovation. Some fast breeding humanoid monsters will make great practice for my loyal followers. Enough numbers will make them feel pressured and with this new external pressure they will be forced to develop. Their buildings will become sturdier, their magic more refined, their weapons more deadly and their skills closer to divine.

They will be greatly outnumbered because raising another species to the same level would take more time than I’m willing to invest on this project. In this way preparing for hordes of enemies will become instinctive.

Kumo is all in for this plan. She is all in for any of my plans so I don’t usually ask for her opinion. I’ve been too distracted lately and neglected her. Fuck! I’ll work on that too!

Everything is progressing nicely though! The city is coming along great. My followers’ faith is increasing. Their new animal farming and martial training is more effective than wildly fighting and hunting beasts. Their technology and culture is advancing by leaps and bounds after they learned my language. They are now able to communicate not just with me, but with each other.

I need to send some of them out to gather more believers in the next century. They will not come back but spreading my influence will strengthen me greatly. I can bless them from my shrine through their faith so they can gather even more faithful!

That plan is still too far away from reality though. For now let’s just wait and see…

 

Some kingdom building, evolutions and wars coming up. Tell me what you want to see in the castle! I'll include any ideas i like when we get to the next main castle development chapter.

10