Hatching
150 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in the far galaxy, an abandoned planet floated on a dark cold space that only a red star not too far away from it is the only one that gives it light. The planet was barren and almost deserted. However, there’s still forest that grew in it that tried to survive and gave the empty planet some plants and not only empty with some dying plants here and there. The planet has mountains and it even has rivers but it's still dead and devoid of almost every life. But it is on this very planet that something will be born that will change everything. 

 

Inside a dark huge cave hidden somewhere, a huge egg is laying inside waiting to be hatched. The egg was the only thing that's glowing in this dark environment. Glowing a dark red deep color like a sun in the dark space. The egg did not move nor did it give any sound as if it has been like that for a long, long time.

 

Until suddenly, something in it opened its eyes. The thing inside tried to move his body but realized that it was cramped and could not move until slowly he opened his glowing red eyes filled with curiosity. It realized that its body had some unknown sticky liquid on it when it tried to move. The space was dark and it could not see anything so it turned on the space that surrounded it and gave it a knock. It was very light and it realizes that the barrier that surrounded it was very light.

 

Cha Cha Cha the noise from the egg echoed throughout the cave. The moment this soft sound was first heard, dozens of pairs of scarlet vertical pupils suddenly appeared in the darkness. The once empty and dark cave was suddenly filled with red glowing eyes staring at the egg sitting at the center of the cave. 

 

The scarlet eyes were devoid of any emotions, they almost looked like blood and if you stared at it it gave this scary chilling feeling. It was a being that wouldn’t hesitate to rip you into pieces in just a second. It does not feel anything but the instinct to protect the egg laying in the middle of the cave. Hiding in the darkness, their body was much larger than humans. They were at least seven foot tall, their body was covered in red shimmering armor that could not be pierced easily, they wore a helmet over their head hiding the monstrous face underneath. 

 

On their back, they have four pairs of arms bulging with muscles and filled with strength that could easily lift a small spaceship. These monsters are huge in size and terrifying to see in the battlefield. If you encounter them, you wouldn’t be able to tell the tale before your head was ripped off your body or your guts are flying everywhere. They were created to fight and kill without mercy. They are called Zergs.

 

Zergs  are known across the galaxy for their brutality and cruelness to kill whoever stands before them. They burn cities, kill families, and leave nothing but what they destroyed. They do not possess an ounce of emotions. They want to conquer and are great in numbers. Everyone feared and knew them. However, these Zergs are special. They are called ‘The Crimson Order’. These are the names of the knights created to protect the egg in front of them. The King. 

 

The tapping occurred from inside the big red egg and the more the sounds rang out, the more the knights narrowed their vertical pupils until the pupils were needle-like. Based on their eyes, they are in a protective mode. What is happening right now is the most important thing in their life. If someone dared to come in, then whoever it was would be killed in an instant.The knights move closer staring intently at the egg waiting for their king to come out. 

 

Suddenly, the tapping stopped and the cave was silent once again. The Zergs were restless, if the king did not hatched then they had to wait again, and these Zergs had been guarding this egg for many years. They could not wait for their king to come out. It was as if the king knew what they were thinking and the tapping continued, the red egg cracked and the shell fell on the ground revealing a tiny hole outside. 

 

Dozen pairs of scarlet eyes stared intently at the hole waiting to see the appearance of the cub. Inside that hole, the crack continued and more shells fell as the cub made the whole even bigger, the sound of shells falling echoed throughout the cave and the hearts of the knights waiting was beating so fast like a running horse. Inside that black hole, a pair of scarlet eyes peeked out from the hole filled with curiosity. Those eyes were red like blood, it shines in the darkness and glittered like a ruby. It had long lashes like a butterfly’s wing and had the innocence of not knowing the darkness of this world. When it saw the Zerg’s surrounding it the owner of those eyes froze. 

 

The first thing it felt was fear. It saw those eyes and felt scared even though it did not know what these emotions meant. The bit of panic from the cub made the Zergs  around him become restless again. Some even let out hissing sounds from their throats. As long as this cub showed any negative emotions, regardless of whether it was uneasiness, fear or sadness, the knights guarding him would become angry. 

 

The cub was conveying fear and as the knights they were born to protect the king with their life, the knights let out a calming sound for the cub so he could calm down. The cub listened to the noise and the fear he felt disappeared, he could feel that whatever was surrounding him would not hurt him. So the cub hit the egg again until his whole body fell out on the ground but a huge hand caught his body before he even fell completely on the ground. His body was covered with sticky white liquid and he did not have anything on.The hand then put him gently back on the ground.  

 

Even though the youth was just born his body was of an adult and so its mind. But, he lacked knowledge and is filled with curiosity to know the world that he lived in. The knights looked at the cub's body and narrowed their eyes. Their king looked weak. He did not he have the ability to even protect himself. Their king is weak and he's a cub so they must protect him from any harm.

 

At this moment when the youth raised his head the symbol on his forehead was clear for every Zerg on the cave to see. It was the symbol of the zergs, it was glowing red like fire imprinted on the king’s forehead. Only the king would have the symbol of the Zerg on his body. One by one, all knights kneeled on the ground bowing their huge bodies in front of the small confused youth. Then the biggest one of them all whispered in Zerg language. “ My King.” His voice was old and deep. It vibrated through the walls of the cave, and the king looked at them. Then the knowledge that was passed to him appeared on his mind and closed his eyes for a second and when he opened them again he finally was aware of who he was. 

 

The youth had the body of a human. He was not that tall but he was lean and not filled with muscles but just a little bit on his stomach and his shoulder, he had a pair of long legs that could be compared to a model in the human world, his skin was pale, soft, and so smooth to touch like silk. His hair was long and ink like color falling on his shoulder like a waterfall. His face was good looking, he had a beautiful pair of big red eyes and a plump pink lips, his cheeks were rosy red, and overall he looked adorable. The youth was only 5’8 in height and had a baby-like face that added that he also looked energetic and lively. 

 

On his head, he had two pairs of black horns that looked very sharp. The young king examined his body and did not find anything wrong with it, he put his attention back to what he now known as his knights. “ Rise.” he ordered, his voice was soft like angels whisper and like melted honey. It was very sweet to listen too. The knights all looked up, their eyes locked on the king in front of them. 

 

The young king was aware he is their leader and that they will protect him. Even though he was just born, his mind was developed fast. He was already an adult who only lacked knowledge. He was filled with curiosity. His mind grew every single week the more he learned new things.

 

Unlike what a Zerg should be, this king not only looks like a human...he also has emotions. The knights were confused, but they did not dare to ask questions. They were very submissive to their king and they don’t speak unless spoken too. Suddenly, in the silent cave a sudden growl was heard everywhere.

 

All eyes locked on the young king who was holding his stomach with a confused face, he then mumbled. “ I’m hungry.”  After he said that, the knights panicked, they were born to protect the king and fight for him not to feed him.They were warriors who knew nothing but to fight. So one by one these confused knights all offered the fruits they collected in front of the king. A pile of fruits suddenly appeared in front of Demos. Even though Demos was just born, he knew that what he should be eating was not fruits but milk. He looked at his panicked knights who were looking at him with expectations in their huge eyes and sighed. Not only he was naked and filled with sticky liquid...he was also eating the wrong thing. 

 

---

Finally, the first chapter is here! I hope you all like it. I will be adding more chapters in the future so please, look forward to it. Small theaters will be added in future chapters! 

4