Part 2
117 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is My Spouse (My Wife) Part 2

‘Today I feel so happy and super excited! Finally, we can celebrate our anniversary properly! Yeay! I never feel this happy, you might guess why it is right. Well, absolutely not because of our work, but because of his family. Every year we will celebrating our anniversary in his grandfather’s house, and yes, the Prime Minister. Who I am? I just a humble police and his grandson’s husband who need to obey elder order. Yeah, sarcasm, well this is who I am.

Okay, just be frank here, who like to spend their anniversary with the present of other? We supposed to be lovey dovey without any distraction on our anniversary! My God! I’m super angry when I recall all the past anniversary celebration! Geez, spare me please. I just want to cuddle my wife and kiss him to my heart content, and why they have to take that special time from me?

So right now, I just gonna prepare some tasty dinner for my beloved wife and I will pamper him more tonight. How happy I’m right now!’

The small apartment full with flowers. Andrew who now standing in front of the television keep on sighing. The banner can’t stay still, it always end up with the left side is higher than the right side and vice versa. His patients right now are running low. After god knows how long he spend his time on the stupid banner, Andrew finally give it up. When he stare at the banner, his small heart beats even faster, finally he gonna celebrates only with Shin!

However, God seem can’t bear seeing him smoothly finished the decorations. Every time Andrew wanted to hang the well blow balloon, one of the balloon must be stuck to something and blew up, causing headache. Right now the balloon’s stock are almost run out of stock. Looking at the wall clock, Andrew estimates the maximum time he will take by running to the nearest convenient store. Holding his wallet, Andrew walk out and left his apartment full of scatter piece of balloons.

 From third person’s view, everything is messy, especially the banner. On the banner the words anniversary hardly could be seen even though it exists, all you can see is Shin and Andrew faces stuck together in the middle with number 6 as their background. The secondhand embarrassment is now full in the air.

‘In my opinion, the banner tur out more beautiful from what I imagine, seriously. I don’t know why our pictures becomes controversy. I painstakingly try my hard to design it so Shin can feel my sincerity and my unconditional love for him. Back to the balloon, Jesus, why can’t I hang it properly! The time almost running out, and Shin might come back at any time. I’m so stress right now! This is the first time I put my full effort, interest, and strength to decorates our apartment!

Don’t say I’m doing useless things okay! Shin loves cute things and he love surprises the most. So now, I’m going to let him experiences surprise that I made and taste the dinner that I already prepared in advances. Although it needs to be reheated, but never mind, I’m sure t taste good. The chef recipe that I copy from internet is the top tastiest, and that’s why I know Shin will love it even more. This is the first time I cook for him, how nervous I am! Arrrrggggghhhhh, I’m really happy!’  

At the convenient store.

Andrew luck seem to run away from him. Today, God seem to pull out all his luck away, from the beginning of the day after Shin went to his office, everything Andrews done will need several time before he satisfy with the outcome. Even right now, all the balloon design are different and none of it contains the same as what he bought yesterday. Andrew squats down and begin to search for the most similar design so he can hang the balloon together as a replacement for the blew up balloons, and yet he found none. Looking at his watch, he already spend almost 10 minutes searching for one, feeling anxious, he walk out from the convenient store A and walk a couple minutes to the next store. Walk in, Andrew speed up to the party decorations tool sections at the back of the store. Without wasting his time, Andrew squats down again, and begin to venture onto the mountain of balloon design.

While he is frowning over the balloons and his disaster day, his phone that coincidently being left at home ringing calling for the owner. The dialer’s name can be seen clearly, the emoji love and cupid were being put at both front and end of ‘Beloved Wife’ sentence.

Shin: Where is he? Why he’s not answering my call?

Feeling distress, Andrew walk out from the convenient store B and head to the next one, hoping that he can find at least one pack of balloon with same design. His distorted face clearly being display, even the store assistant afraid of his dark aura. He only able to find the similar design after entering the fourth convenient store.

‘I’m very sure you will feel the same as me when facing this situation. I don’t know why there are so many obstacles in finding balloons, but seriously I feel exhausted after walked for almost half and hour. Yes I know I’m screwed, I took half an hour to finds balloons, and forgetting time. Well, I think you guys can predict what will happen after, so please pray for my luck guys, I need it for our next year anniversary celebration.’

It almost 6.30 pm when Andrew reach his apartment. Andrew keep his head low along the way returning to the apartment. The joy of preparing all the decorations since the morning seems in vain, all the effort he put also are useless, it seems he never can do any simple things for his spouse for the rest of his life. The elevator ring, when the door is open, Andrew once again releasing a long sigh, all the memory for today turns out to be an awful memory for them. He even misses this one chance, pinching his nose bridge he slow down his pace and stop in front of his house door.

Staring at the wooden door, his minds started to work panickily, he never though he will break his promise in celebrating the grandest anniversary with Shin. Pounding around couple of minutes, Andrew stop himself and taking a deep breath. Clearing his mind, he throw out every negative feelings and focusing on how to compensates Shin so his spouse will not affected by today mood.    

‘I feel dejected at that point of time, keep questioning myself, why I can’t come out with something that can make my wife happy and smile for the whole day. Compared on what he did for my birthday last 3 month, which I really surprised by his unexpected preparations, this time I really can’t repay him for what he did to me. As I said, Shin is the most sweet, nice, and handsome on earth, but yet he able to again make me fall harder towards him. The way he makes me feel loved by cooking and fulfilling all my wish on my birthday, he really spoils me.

I just wish we can spend our time nicely on our sixth anniversary, but that what I thought we would do today, but all are just a dream that not come true, or maybe never will came true.’

Holding the door’s knob, Andrew takes a final deep breath before he walks into their apartment.

The door suddenly being open from inside, feeling surprised, Andrew just stood motionless with his act. His position suddenly seem awkward, with his right hand on the air picturing his acts like he holding the door knob, while his left leg slightly up showing that he wanted to walk in using his left foot, Shin’s eyes curved upward a little, but soon restoring to his usual look.

“Where are you going just now?”

Dub dap … dub dap … dub dap

‘Don’t ask me why suddenly I acted like that okay! I never know that my body will froze at the critical moment, sigh. I can’t deny how shocked I feel when Shin appeared in front of the door, because I honestly taught that he will be cleaning the house while babbling and scolding me or even curse me for my stupidity on not handling things properly or something else. If you ask me why he stands here in front of me and questioning me instead of scolding me, you better figure it yourself, because my IQ and EQ level drop drastically right now!’

“What? You cheat on me or something while I’m not home?” Shin changes his posture, from relying at the door frame to standing straight while putting his hands inside the pockets. His eyes show no expression, the question he just throw also in mono tone, there is no changes at all which help Andrew walk out from his shock state.

“What! No, of course no, I mean who can seduce me except you? I always loyal to you! Swear to god, I just .. I .. ermmm …”

Andrew feel his world is on the urge of collapse, he not only encounters his bad luck, but also his doomed day. It’s totally drains his mentally and physical state, running around just because of balloons, sitting on the store floor because there are many types and design, wasting his time in figuring the best colour as the replacement.

Shin who putting ‘I need an explanation’ face sigh quietly. Stretching his right hand, he rumbles Andrew’s hair gently. His lip rises looking at the dumbfounded face shown by Andrew.

“Come in .. “ giving his right left hand, Andrew heart thumps crazily. Although he didn’t know what punishment he will receives later, but now he just wanted to grab his beloved husband’s hand and never let it go. The changes of heat between the two hands make Andrew smile shyly, the heat that transferred to his palm make he feel warmer not only his palm but also his heart. The love he feels continue to bloom making his spring never end.

‘See! Who said my wife scary? He is the most gentle person in the world! Although I know I ruined our sweet times which we rarely spend just the two of us, Shin still can smile gently and holding my hand. I’m really lucky to have him as my wife, marrying him is the best thing ever happen in my life. You might wonder, how he can be the head of mafia, well long story short, he involves with this thing due to his rebellious heart. you never can imagine how cute he is when he said that he will make his grandfather regret for not sending him to C university. Well that’s how Shin becomes the big mafia, even grandpa stop meddling in his business, Shin still with his decision, never back off although they already in good term.

So, it’s truly rare for an outsider like all of you who now reading my diary to see his gentle side.’

After closing the door, Shin pulls Andrew’s hand and heading to the living room which only took 5 steps. Andrew who still blushing due to Shin behavior still lowering his head to mesmerizes every sweet moment he has. Only by looking at the joint finger make Andrew lost in his thought, not even can realize that right now, Shin already looking at his foolish face smiling alone.  

“Cough .. .. Cough! .. .. COUGH!” Shin’s throat was burning when he volume up the third cough just for the sake of bringing Andrew sense back. Massaging his throat while feeling stress, Shin pulls his hand back from touching Andrew’s hand and in the same time paying attention on every single expression that Andrew gave. Andrew who being force to wake up from god knows what he think, displaying his unsatisfied expression, but when his gaze meet with Shin, he quickly lower down his head and play dumb.

“So, who gonna finish this?” It took almost 5 minutes for Shin to rephrase his word, at first he wanted to just let Andrew notices by himself that he didn’t touched or tidy anything, but seeing his husband acting foolish like this, he knows he need to take the step.

Andrew who feel like being struck by lightning quickly scan their living room. Indeed, all the mess that he left for the sake of buying balloons still scatter all over the place.

“You .. You .. but why?” unable to recover from his double triple shock, Andrew’s brain finally drops to negative digit. Shin who just now patiently waiting for his guess, feeling helpless all of sudden. Sighing loudly, Shin knock Andrew’s head lovingly, but after Andrew show his puzzle face, Shin laugh harder and slammed his body on the couch.

“Hahahahahahahaha! Why you so dumb today? Hahahahaha!” pressing his stomach, Shin continue to laugh. Andrew who IQ already in zero digit continue drops. Looking at the messy things and back to his spouse who still laughing on the couch.

“Sigh! Okay, I give you 30 minutes for finish all of this.” Fixing his shirt, Shin stand up while putting some hints to his husband. But who knows, what happen to all neuron inside Andrew’s brain, his head still can’t catch the hints although Shin has put it clearly. Shaking his head, Shin walks near to Andrew, and when he somewhat bypass Andrew, Shin decided to say it in straight forward manner. There is no loss for saying what he wants, after all they already married for years.

“For real!”

“Yeah, for real. Now, why don’t you finish it up? … Husband?” walking backward, Shin show his wicked smile before showing his watch up to Andrew showing time is ticking. Feeling happy, Andrew tidy everything and even through the new balloon which still unpack to the side because he doesn’t want to exceed the time limits. Shin who now sitting in the dining room, chuckle quietly upon seeing Andrew movement.

“Well, who said having a lover who has simple mind and doting to his partner is tiring?”     

 

*Author notes*: I will updates this short story every Monday ?

1