Chapter 15: New General
343 6 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nero leaned his chin on his knuckle and asked. "Cirith, how long would it take for those soldiers to get here?"

 

Cirith frowned in thought before replying. "At least a bit more than a week, not only because they're slower than my group but they'll also be bringing a few wagons with resources along and those will slow them down even more."

 

"Why bring wagons along?" Charlotte asked aloud.

 

Cirith rolled her eyes and explained. "Well they've got to eat don't they? You don't expect them to go hunting and reliably catch their food every day? Not to mention they need building materials to set up a perimeter around the dungeon's entrance."

 

Charlotte put her finger on her chin and muttered. "That makes sense.." Though as if remembering something, her eyes sharpened as she looked at Cirith. "Wait did I see you roll your eyes? Don't get cheeky with me human or I will eat your legs while you're not looking."

 

Cirith gulped as she backed away. "D-d-don't you dare!"

 

Sighing, Nero stretched before standing up. "Enough joking around Charlotte. Cirith, it's time for you to become one of my generals."

 

"What?!" Cirith shrunk back.

 

"Did you think I'd let you leave? Or perhaps even stay here under my care for free? No, you will be put to use." Nero's eyes gleamed as he said in a comforting tone. "This is not a bad proposition Cirith, you'll only be placing your soul under my care so if you ever betray me, I'll snuff it out."

 

When Cirith heard that, the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. "How is that not a bad proposition!?" She scowled.

 

Nero waved his hands dismissively. "Well, for one you'll be granted strength far beyond your current self. Second, your arm will also be returned to you as a powerful weapon. Lastly.. you'll be ahead of the trend."

 

Cirith's eyes sparkled at those first two benefits. Strength and her arm back? Powerful weapon? These things, she greatly desired. She still hasn't taken her revenge upon the powerful Duchess that still haunted her dreams.

 

Mr Crow always said she was far from strong enough to go against the Duchess, so many times in fact that it had disheartened her.

 

She could tell in Mr Crows voice that there was scarcely a chance she would ever reach the required strength.

 

After noticing that, she stop asking and only kept her thoughts on the matter hidden deep in her heart, though she never gave up.

 

But now she had a chance! She would gladly give up her soul if she could put that bitch Duchess in the ground. The only thing she didn't understand was what Nero said last.

 

"Ahead of the trend? What does that mean?" Cirith asked curiously with a furrowed brow.

 

Nero slowly raised his arms wide, a fleshy book appearing before his eyes slowly hovering in the air. "Cirith.. times are changing.. now that I'm here.."

 

Suddenly, Cirith felt the ground shake as a bright flash of light blinded her eyes.

 

When she reopened her eyes, a terrifying sight was before her.

 

Standing behind Nero was a so many white bones, so many skeletons that it made her heart jump.

 

Seeing this, Charlotte rolled her eyes as she muttered under her breath. "Showoff."

 

On the other side, Marion was clapping her ghostly hands together with glee. A proud look in her eyes.

 

With her gaze still focused on the skeletons, strange noises coming from behind her.

 

A familiar, overly sweet smell assaulted her sensitive nose. With a fearful expression she slowly turned around and saw her former companions.

 

They had been transformed into green creatures with hollow white eyes, drooling fangs and long knife long sharp obsidian nails that glittered in the light.

 

Gulping nervously, Cirith turned back to Nero.

 

There was a playful light in Nero's abyss like gaze. He reached out his hand towards her and asked. "Cirith.. what side will you be on when I reduce Rudenfell into a kingdom of ash and death?"

 

Seemingly entranced, she reached out her remaining hand.

 

Nero gripped it tightly and sent a wave of power into Cirith.

 

Cirith felt her sore body quickly recover and the minor wounds on her arm and leg quickly recovering. The lingering pain that had resulted from her severed arm disappeared along with the huge burn scar that Charlotte's hellfire left on her.

 

Next she felt an indomitable power flow through her body. It was an enthralling sensation as the power burst through her veins.

 

Her leg muscles grew in size causing her tight leather pants to rip and she felt her core tightening tremendously. Her slender arm swelled with veins as the power poured into her bicep and forearm. Her shoulders, back and practically every muscle in her body received the same blessing.

 

Though Cirith was no stick before, she was still quite thin but with this mysterious boost, she looked remarkably like one of the veteran female soldiers who served in the Rudenfell armies.

 

Her figure was not that of an exaggerated hulk however, as her feminine charms were still there which were now accentuated by her newly toned frame.

 

Nero took back his hand, his eyes wandering up and down Cirith admiring the strength of his new general.

 

Nearby, Charlotte had a look of surprise on her face. She was quite eager to test how strong Cirith had become.

 

Meanwhile, back to Cirith. Her eyes were particularly glowing as she observed the new strength of her body.

 

 

With the clenching of her left fist, a crackling sound resounded. She felt so much power, it was almost unbelievable to her.

 

 

Cirith felt that if she wanted, she could snap the daggers she always used in half, with just her fingers alone.

 

 

"Very good, come." Nero beckoned with his hand to the side.

 

A nearby skeleton quickly walked over carefully carrying a slender skeletal arm, clean of any flesh or ligament.

 

When Cirith saw the arm, she felt a strange shiver, a phantom pain where her arm used to be. "Is that my arm?"

 

Nero nodded. "Yes, this will be the material for your Necro-Armament."

 

Not knowing the meaning of Necro-Armament, Cirith watched with curious eyes as Nero summoned his book once again.

 

With the book hovering nearby, Nero held the skeletal arm tightly. Slowly, a black fluid seeped out from the pores on his skin covering the arm.

 

The black fluid squirmed and writhed as it changed the form of the skeletal arm. It seeped into the bone like ink causing it to tremble and warp.

 

After a minute, the fluid receded and returned to Nero's body. What was left in his hands was no longer a slender skeletal arm but something else.

 

It was a thick, bony arm. Threads of bone were weaved together to resemble muscles, while the forearm had a large piece of bone jutting out which held a long bone blade. Lastly, the knuckles had coned spikes pointing out from them.

 

"Come here Cirith, your new arm is finished." Nero said smilingly.

 

"Yes.." Cirith stepped forward, uneasiness in her eyes.

 

Nero placed the shoulder of the new arm against Cirith's bare flesh where her previous arm was.

 

As nothing happened, Cirith nervously said. "I don't feel anything."

 

"Wait a bit... here it comes!" Nero grinned.

 

Instantly, Cirith felt a sharp pain on her shoulder. She couldn't help but let out a yell of surprise.

 

She watched as the bone arm sent sharp long strands of bone deep into her body. These strands ripped away at her flesh and them gripped her empty shoulder socket, connecting to it tightly.

 

This caused her a great amount of pain but her already reformed body had increased her tolerance for suffering.

 

The bone threads then connected to her nerves and blood vessels. After that, they sealed the open wound around the new arm with thin bone threads.

 

As the pain slowly abated, Cirith could feel her new arm and a little tingling around her shoulder. It felt like an extension of her body just like her original arm, though it was still an odd sensation.

 

With a thought, the long blade on her bony forearm slowly receded back into its sheath.

 

Looking at this, Charlotte clicked her tongue with envy.

 

Nero nodded his head in satisfaction. He chuckled. "It looks good on you Cirith. It gives you an intimidating atmosphere..."

 

Still lost in her thoughts while inspecting her new arm, Cirith mumbled. "Thank you."

 

Nero dismissively waved. "No need, this is my gift to you. Make sure to treasure it."

 

"Now everyone, get some rest. Tomorrow you'll be going deer hunting." Nero clapped his hands.

 

 

 

               ***********Southern Valley, Reaver's Residence***********

 

 

Currently Reaver was sitting in his office, the scar on his face was twitching as he stared coldly at the guests on the couch opposite him.

 

One was a huge bulbous man wearing an open vest over his warty grey skin. Long black horns spread out sideways from his bald head while his face was scrunched together by fat and excess skin.

 

The other was a crimson skinned man with bulging muscles, clothed in jet black plate armor. The horns on his head were black with blood red tips. His face was square and his expression stern as he gripped his long obsidian greatsword.

 

Behind them was a tall yet skinny man in light leather armor. His skin was purple with a long scaly tail wrapped around his waist. There was clear arrogance and disdain in his eyes as he looked at Reaver.

 

"These are orders from on high Reaver, if you see or hear of this woman in any way...you must inform us immediately." The fat man said with a heaving voice as he held up a picture.

 

"If it is found out that you have been hiding her or that you have failed to inform us on her presence, well you know the consequences." The fat man chuckled with a sinister light in his eyes, his many chins jiggling in a disgusting manner.

 

Reaver merely nodded silently though his eyes never blinked.

 

"Are you sure he's the famous Reaver? He looks more like a worm to me.." The demon standing behind the couch said in a gravelly voice.

 

 Reaver's sharp gaze landed on the thin man though this only seemed to anger him.

 

"What are you staring at human? Do you want me to rip out your eyes." The man glared at Reaver.

 

The two men on the couch said nothing, but they were clearly enjoying the show.

 

Reaver's eyes turned into slits. He opened his mouth and said. "Try it.. fool."

 

The thin man's brow twitched, a deep swell of anger grew in his chest as his eyes narrowed. "You need to be taught a lesson human, to know who your betters are.."

 

"Let me add a new scar to that face of yours ant!" The thin man took something from his waist, raising his arm he swung and flicked his wrist.

 

Something blurred in front of Reaver before being caught in his left hand.

 

"What!?" The thin man shouted in surprise.

 

Held tightly in Reaver's steely grip was the tip of a vicious looking barbed whip, though it's spikes seemed to do no harm to his hand, let alone pierce it.

 

The thin man tried to pull his whip back but it seemed as if it were being held by a mountain.

 

"Let.. go.. you-"

 

Blue light began to flicker from Reaver's eyes as he reached out his right hand causing a huge falchion sword to appear in it, the one which was mounted above the fire place.

 

In the next instant, Reaver's figure blurred before appearing right in front of the thin man.

 

A boom shook the building causing a few tiles from the roof to detach themselves and fall to the gardens below.

 

The crimson skinned man had moved his black greatsword in the way and blocked Reaver's falchion, stopping it from decapitating the thin man.

 

 Reaver took back his falchion slowly under the mocking laughter of the crimson skinned man, his blade had blue lingering sparks around it.

 

Reaver turned around and said. "It's done.. " And threw his falchion in the air.

 

It hovered briefly before returning to it's mount above the fire place.

 

The crimson skinned man frowned and turned around, there he saw the thin man with charred smoky skin and melted eyes. An aura of lightning lingering around his dead body.

 

"You!" Just as the crimson skinned man was about to stand up, the bulbous man held his shoulder tightly.

 

The bulbous man stood up. "Come, enough playing around. We've already instructed him so our job is done. Let's go."

 

He stared at Reaver and chuckled. "We'll be in the storm trail tavern."

 

 

Turning his head to the charred corpse of his companion, his belly rumbled loudly like thunder. "I'm all hungry now.. " The bulbous man licked his lips before leaving.

 

The crimson man grunted, he glared at Reaver before leaving with the bulbous man.

 

As they left, the picture of the woman was thrown to Reaver.

 

Catching it, Reaver inspected it closely as he grumbled. "Damned demons.."

 

The picture detailed a female demon of peerless beauty. She had long crimson hair and sparkling violet eyes.

 

A knock came from the door as a tall armored man walked in.

 

His armor was a pristine steel, covering every possible weakspot in thick plating.

 

His helmet was styled in a crusader fashion with thin slits for eye holes.

 

He walked over to Reaver and handed him a small piece of paper.

 

After reading it, Reaver's eyes lit up. He chuckled and said. "Dahkra, take a full battalion and go secure that dungeon."

 

"A hundred and twenty troops? Wouldn't forty suffice?" Dahkra asked with a deep voice.

 

Reaver shook his head. "I don't trust those demons. They never can keep their greedy hands off what belongs to others."

 

Dahkra bowed. "As you command, I'll get the troops ready as fast as possible."

 

Reaver handed the picture of the demoness to Dahkra and added. "Be on the lookout for this demon. Report to me if you find her."

 

Dahkra nodded and turned to leave, just as he was about to exit the door he heard Reaver say. "Oh and get some servants to take this trash out, he's stinking up my office."

 

"Yes.. it will be done."

5