Chapter 2-Day 1(Part 1)
57 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Master Its Time To Open Shop-

"mmm...no...another five minutes. No wait. Another hour?"

-.....Wake Up Or I'll Summon An Army Of Ugly Bastards-

"Good morning my beautiful and wonderful system!" I scream while hopping of the bed.

-Good Morning Master. Your Uniform Is In The closet-

"Ah, thanks. Wait, what is this? "

-Master That Is Called A Hanfu. As An Ambassador Of Otaku Culture You Are Expended To Wear Clothes Befitting Your Status-

Ignoring the system I grab the Hanfu from the small closet across the bed. It looks kind of like a bathrobe and dress mixed together. After struggling to put it on for a few minutes and accidentally slamming my body into the walls of the small bedroom I manage to put it on.

After dressing myself I move to the bathroom and brush my teeth. "Screw it. I'll just shower tonight." I don't want to have to put this stupid hanfu thing back on.

"Hey system. Why exactly am I running a shop if I'm a super important ambassador?"

-Due To The Culture Of This World It Has Been Decided That The Best Approach Would Be Through A Business Perspective.-

Damn it. I was hoping to have a relaxed degenerate life but I think I might actually have to be serious. "Sigh*, Oh well." I already have a system and my safety is guarenteed so I shouldn't whine.

Heading downstairs I wonder what I should have for lunch. There's plenty of chips on the counter as well as some cup ramen so I might just eat those. "...Hey system why is my bedroom trash compared to the actual shop?"

-The Energy To Make Your Living Quarters Is The Remainder Of What Was Used To Create The Shop.-

...Oh well. The bed room and bathroom may be small but at least I have a functioning shower and toilet. I wonder where my crap goes? Space maybe?

-Your Excrement Gets Burnt To Ash And Then Is Used As Fertilizer. Now Will Master Please Open Shop Already-

Whoops. Anyways I move to the front door and open it, finding a medium sized crowd in front of the store. Considering how much this place stands out I honestly expected more.

"Good morning everyone. My name is Joshua and this is my shop. I offer...umm." Suddenly things become a small bit awkward. Thankfully the system saves me by showing me a list of the things were selling.

"I offer you snacks, novels, and various goods from my homeland." I try to be as polite and friendly as possible, bowing even, though it seems my greeting has the opposite affect.

The various children and elders suddenly become defensive. I go ahead and try to flash another smile. "Creep." A little girl whispers.

Is my face creepy? I made to check my body plenty last night and I'm sure just like my splendidly thick dong, my face is top quality.

...Come on why are you all looking at me like that. Hey grandma at least scold the kid for being rude. Where are the young adult anyways? There's nothing but old folks and young kids in front of my shop.

"How much do the novels you sell cost young man?" Thank god! Finally a friendly customer. "On average the novels for sale only cost between eight to twelve teals. If course excluding special editions."

Hearing my words everyone gasps loudly. Some of the elderly people begin to show some interest in the novels, glancing at the large bookcases at the back of the shop. Of course the kids are staring at the snacks. I wonder what they thing of the chips?

-Sudden Mission-
-First Impression(Your Shop Has Opened And A crowd Has Gathered. Take This Oppurtnity To Establish Yourself). Reward=+10 Exp.[Excepitional Completion Will Reward Dance Dance Revolution/Arcade Version]-

.....What kind of isekai system is this. That reminds me didn't the first sale mission require me to sell one of everything. Hey system are you sure your not mixing things up?

-Positive-

Damn it. "Since today is my first day of business I will be handing out a snack of your choice for free." I'm definetely not a businessman but even I know free stuff always does good.

-This Action Will Only Be Allowed Today As Well As Other Celebrations.-

.....fuck off ya confused loli system!

"Umm. Mister do you have any candy?" Thankfully one of the kids takes the bait. A little girl wearing a yellow hemp dress with black hair and wooden sandals steps out of the crowd. Ignoring what I think are her slightly annoyed grandparents I grab a small box of chocolate pocky and hand it to her.

She tries to open it for a few seconds but gives up in the end. Slowly she looks up at me. Her head lowered a small bit and her teary eyes glancing upwards she stares at me.

"Alright, I'll open it kid." Immediately after she hears me she looks up with a wide smile. Brats really know how to play in this world huh.

I open the box, pull out the aluminum baggy and hand it to her. She takes one stick out, and sniffs it. After hesitating for a bit she moves to her grandparents and hands them one each.

"Baba, Papa you can have some. The rest are mine though!" The elderly couple chuckles and immediately tries the pocky after patting the girls head.

A clear crunch spreads as the elderly and little girl's begin to smile. The girls grandparents try to eat slowly but the little girl immediately crams every last stick of pocky in her mouth. The way she's eating the pocky is a little gross but I cant help but congratulate the kid. Her grandparents definetely stop with just one stick.

"Young man! Please get both of us some of that candy!"

"Us too!"

After looking at the smiling kid and grandparents the crowd enters the shop, almost filling it. Some of the children try to steal some of the snacks but the moment they touch one they suddenly let go. It looks like nothing can get out of here without going through me.

"Alright everyone don't even bother trying to steal. I'm watching you kid." I say glancing at a kid wearing a red hemp shirt and brown shorts that still hasn't given up on snatching a bag of doritos.

"One snack per person. You can also choose to buy one if you want. Only the first snack will be free and you can choose from anything on the counter."

Shortly after my statement everybody calms down. I tell them to line up so thing can go easier and they listen, though plenty of the kids are obviously getting impatient.

Slowly everybody gets their snack, two of the elderly couples choosing to buy an extra snack for eighty dings. After a little over an hour the shop empties out.

"Hey system why did nobody buy a book?"

-Books Are Commenly Something Only People Of High Status Possess So The Cheap Price Is Suspicious. Plus One Book Cost As Much As A Weeks Worth Of Meals-

"...Your really making it hard to leave a good impression huh?"

-No Answer-

.....somehow the loli voice makes the system more annoying. Damn it. I guess I'll just read some of the novels and manga for now.

I have to say though the selection is small the overall quality of the novels is pretty good. At the moment the first two volumes of the "Monogatari" novels, the "Mushishi" manga, "Horimiya" the manga, the "Hunter x Hunter" manga, a novel adaptation of "Somali and the forest spirit" which only exist as a manga on earth, as well as "Anohana".

There are also other manga and novels but at the moment but only some of them are for sale.

"Hey system why are some of these novels based off of manga that shouldn't have one?"

-It Will Be Easier For People To Embrace Some Of The Stranger Concepts Via Familair Means-

I guess that makes sense. I don't know anything about the culture of ths world but I'm sure people would react a lot better to an Aot written novel. "Hey system how did you even do it?"

-Secret-

"Fine. Do they follow the light novel format?"

-Somewhat. Each novel does come with some  special illustrations but for the most part each novels follows the traditional style.-

I have absolutely no idea what the system means so I'm just ganna go ahead and just read Bakemonogatari. Thankfully, after grabbing the book I'm not told to pay. I guess it's my special right as an ambassador to get free otaku stuff.

Just as I'm about to start reading a customer shows up. "Excuse me sir. Is this the shop that sells books?" A tall girl wearing with long black hair, a pink and red hanfu with flower markings, and a small blade hanging on her side walks in.

Her skin is a pale white and her eyes are a wood brown. She's not very well endowed chest wise but she is still quite the beauty witn her almond eyes and plump pink lips.

"Yes. What would you like to buy?" She walks in with a slight smile, moving to the counter and glancing at the book shelfs as well as the clothes racks. "What would you recommend?"

What would. I reccomend? This should be a cultivation world so people shouldn't be as interested in magic and the supernatural. Shonen and action might not cut it either. Screw it I'll just recommend the monogatari series. Besides she's staring at the book in my hand anyways.

"I guess I would reccomend the book I'm reading now. In terms of writing quality it's one of the best. It's been translated into the local language so it may be different compared to the original but the quality shouldn't change to much."

"I guess I'll buy that one then."

"Allright that'll be ten teals and sixty four dings."

I hand her the book and take her money. Thankfully she gave me exact change. Instead of leaving she stands still, staring at the cover and rubbing her fingers across the binding. I wonder how she knows about this place?

"This art is rather unique. Its oddly pretty and appealing despite it's strange look." I was worried that she wouldn't like the cover since the anime art style should be new too this world. Thankfully I was wrong to worry.

"That's one of the more important characters in the overall story. Her name is Hitogi Senjougahara."

"What a strange name."

"I guess. So do you have any questions? There's nobody here so I got plenty of time."

Alright Chaoters over. I'm just here to say that this will update every 2 days with an average word count of 1800. I also plan to have some reader involvement in the future.Lasty and this is just for the fun of it. Who is your favorite girl In the monogatari series?

2