Chapter 18
85 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In this case he was still very weak and could only agree to assist Pan An in these arrangements so in the back of his mind, he felt that he would not be punished as severely if caught. On top of that, Pan Chao's knowledge would increase due to the free and hands on training.

"You should not worry about the consequences of your actions by aiding an evil organization. Rather, just plan on atoning for this work later on when you are strong enough to. Besides, I can teach you how to properly use different formations when you are more well versed in order to become a one man army." Senior Cao told Pan Chao before continuing.

"Back in my world, true formation experts of a high level and cultivation were feared by many and very few were willing to cause them any trouble. You only need a common piece of wood to draw inscriptions to create a powerful talisman using your formation knowledge."

"Once you are able to do such things, you could stockpile many talismans with endless types of uses while you work on a formation to trap your enemies in no matter how many groups together. At that point, unleashing the power of your formations will make you seem like a heaven defying Daoist and legends will be created."

As he listened to Senior Cao's words, Pan Chao quickly sat down at a nearby table across from Pan An and begun to follow along as Pan An showcased the first inscription pattern.

By the end of the lesson, Pan Chao learned how to draw three different inscriptions which were of the Fire attribute, the Wind attribute, and the Earth attribute. From what Pan An claimed, each Grand Dao had different characteristics which were considered strengths and weaknesses.

The example he used was concerning the Dao of Earth and the Dao of Wind. The Dao of Earth learned by cultivators boasted great offense and defense but would lack proper speed. The Dao of Wind however boasted great speed and if a cultivator even learned a Minor Dao associated with the Grand Dao of Wind, they could use their bodies to float without wings.

Upon leaving the warehouse in order to get some sleep since he was exhausted, Pan Chao gave Pan An a thumbs up before walking outside to make his way home. Senior Cao after Pan Chao left, began criticizing Pan An quite a bit.

"I think the best part of his lesson today to you, was that he really felt that Grand Daos could have such weaknesses. In my experience, if a cultivator were to learn a Grand Dao, they could easily dominate a cultivator who learned four Minor Dao!"

"In time, you should be able to grasp some understandings into different Grand Dao so do not worry if you are technically behind your peers from slacking on cultivating. But what I will ask you to do is to buy a map of the Commandery we are in so that I could assist you properly."

Pan Chao did not like when Senior Cao spoke badly about those in his life, but he was at the very least grateful to have such a peerless expert as his true master; unlike Pan An. The walk through the night to his house was quiet outside of his back and forth with Senior Cao.

"Senior Cao, leave getting a map tomorrow to me. If I play my cards right, I should be able to convince Pan An to allow me to take a trip to the Crimson Circle market for other supplies as well. I'm sure that he will not decline my approach."

Even with the Patriarch green lighting every type of purchase within reason for the formations work concerning the Pan clan, it did not mean that Pan An always had everything delivered to him right away. With Pan Chao making the time to assist his so-called master in this way, can also be seen as gaining more favor for the future.

As Pan Chao walked into the house, he unexpectedly saw his parents sitting down at the table with an elder and two peak Elementary stage cultivators. This elder was named Pan Lei and the two other with him were guards hired by the governor of Crimson Circle to assist with extremely important tasks.

Every city always had two divisions of guards situated within. The first division was the guards seen by the public who kept the city safe during all hours. However, these two belonged to the second division which was a secret and undercover division who were personally trained by the royal family.

"Oh good you have come right on time as I was discussing certain matters with your parents." Pan Lei said while gesturing for Pan Chao to take a seat across from him and with his parents. The room seemed very tense, but Pan Chao's father slightly nodded for Pan Chao to follow the elder's instructions.

"Hello elder, may I ask why you are here this evening?" Pan Chao reluctantly sat down and asked the elder. It was still unclear why the elder chose to visit his home especially with two guards who were dressed in black wardrobes as if they specialized in assassinations.

"I was explaining to your parents that out of all the other elders within the Pan clan, that I was the only one taken in from the general populace and that my true identity is as the leader of the second city guard unit."

"For organizations such as the Pan clan, usually the royal family would pay no interest since there are countless evil organizations that openly disregard their rule over this world. However, your clan's reputation continued to grow even in this region's underworld and so I was assigned to Crimson Circle to spy on it."

"At first, I felt that the royal family sending me over was of no reason, until the Dark Raven Church made contact with your Patriarch. The Dark Raven Church could be said to be a formidable subsidiary of the Red Blossom Sect who is in charge of training weaker recruits in order to assist the Red Blossom Sect in devious activities."

"From what I have gathered, your parents here have contacted a nearby village chief so that you could escape the Pan clan's clutches due to the clan treating you all poorly. I am here because I will be assisting them with your extraction in exchange for their lives."

3