Chapter 8: Danger approaches
1.1k 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I really suck at names.

[System Notifactions] I think most of you know what this is but you never know.

'Thoughts'

"Speech"

 "Thank you to those who are reading!"-Name of the person speaking. I will not include the name of the person speaking/thinking if they are alone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

John wakes up to the smaller tiger, now his child pouncing on him knocking the air out of his lungs. As he is recovering he notices something odd, all the bodies of the wolves had disappeared. 

'What, did another predator or some scavengers clean them up?' His eye scans the surrounding area before landing on his child innocently licking its paws. 'Don't tell me...' As if it had read his mind his child averted its eye and stared off into the distance. 

'Well, I guess this is the perfect time to go hunting with it.' He gets up motioning for the child to follow him. Activating [Stalk] he walks around looking for prey. 

After a few minutes, they stumbled upon a herd of deer grazing and sleeping next to a lake. He nudges his child towards the herd while he circles to the right. 

His eye lands on a doe walking away from the herd towards his child. The doe pauses looking around before continuing to walk forward, each step carefully placed. 

The doe then turns around slowly walking back to the herd. As it is walking back he rushes to it knocking it over before biting its hind leg dragging it into the bushes. 

Startled by the sudden appearance of a predator the herd scatters. He breaks the leg of the deer before laying it down in front of his child and running after another deer. 

He is able to chase down an old male, jumping on it and breaking its neck. Panting he picks up his kill and walks back to where he left the other deer with his child.  

Upon arriving he is met with the sight of his child struggling to kill the deer. 'Are you kidding me it doesn't even know how to kill?' Dropping his kill he walks over to the deer and his child. 

As soon as he gets there his child happily jumps off the deer and walks up to him. Wacking the child with his paw he shows it where to place its teeth on the deer. 

After a few minutes of struggling it finally manages to kill the deer, looking back to its father with a look of accomplishment. Facepalming in his mind he walks over to the old deer he killed and began to eat. [Your child has gained a level and is now level 5!] 

'I call bull I had to kill such difficult things to level up!' He complains for a while in his mind before he realizes something. 'What should I call you?' His gaze landing on his child who is eating the deer it had killed. 

'Well, first I gotta find out its gender.' He walks over to it before rolling it over with his paw. The child being a cub began to grasp his paw while gnawing and licking it. 

'It doesn't have balls so it's a female...' He rolls his child around trying to come up with a name. 'Aha Pawlina!' His eye brightens and Pawlina looks at him in confusion.

You see what I did there... get it Pawlina, and Paulina.

 

With that problem solved his mind drifts back to his complaints before he was distracted. 'Why does she get to level up so easily...' [As you are the parent it is your job to show your child how to hunt and live on its own, thus your child gains exp from you teaching it things.] 

'...I guess that makes sense but it is still unfair.' He stops playing with his daughter and lays down. 'Also why are you answering questions now?' 

[System will only respond if it is an important question.] 'Ok then...' With his question answered he closes his eye and takes a nap. His daughter snuggled up next to him a few minutes afterwards. 

-Few hours later- 

John awoke to the sound of a system notification [You have gained title [Power napper: Your naps fill you with power. Perks: When sleeping you regain Stamina and Health faster.] 

'Interesting.' He got up carefully trying not to wake his daughter in the process. After stretching he looked around not seeing anything near them. 

Walking towards the lake to get a drink he hears a roar coming from his right. 'How does this keep happening, is water cursed or something?'

Turning his head towards the roar he sees a scarlet red tiger about the same size as him walking towards him. Taking a fighting stance he stands there motionless. 

The scarlet tiger began to raise its back trying to look larger than it really is. Staring at the stupid looking tiger he lets out his own roar before tackling it. 

Sitting on top of his opponent he goes for its throat but is knocked off as the enemy tiger rolls. Activating [Steel Teeth] and [Steel Claws] he once again charges. 

He swings his paw scratching the side of its face before using [Roar]. With his opponent stunned he stands on his hind legs, falling on the enemy tiger pushing it to the ground once again. 

Unfortunately, he wasn't able to kill it before it recovers and uses its back paws to claw his underbelly causing 39 damage. Backing away with a growl he activates [Sprint].  

With his new speed, he rushes at it before running past it jumping on it from behind. With his claws pierced into the tiger's skin, his jaw tried to go for the back of its neck. 

After 2 minutes of struggling, he succeeds and tears into the back of its neck unable to break it. With blood spurting out from the back of its neck it tries to struggle out of his grip. 

After a good 29 minutes of struggling the enemy tiger dies of blood loss along with a notification [You have leveled up! You now have 15 stat points.] 

'Ok let's put 10 into speed and the rest in strength.' His stat page opens displaying his new stats. 

Stats:

[Race: Adult Demonic Tiger Fighter]

[Name: Sinner] 

[Level:2/20

[Strength:60→65] 

[Health: 230/230]

[Durability:50]

[Agility:17]

[Mana:5/5] 

[Speed:35→45]

[Stamina:60/60]

Stat points available: 10

Skills: [Berserk state: Go berserk after losing 100 health]

              [Steel Teeth: Harden and sharpen your teeth to the point of piercing through steel.] 

              [Steel claws: Harden and sharpen your claws to the point it can slice and pierce through steel.] 

              [Stalk: Hunt your prey without being noticed.] 

              [Hunt: Your senses heighten so you can hunt easier.] 

              [Shift: Change to a humanoid form.] 

              [Roar: Let loose a roar that stuns multiple opponents.] 

              [Sprint: Increases speed by 20.] 

             [Parent: Doubles stats when protecting your child from death.] 

Titles: [Predator: You are a natural predator so act like one. Obtained by killing your first actual prey. Perks: Your eyes stun when looked right into.] [Father: You are now the legal guardian of another of your breed! Obtained by taking in a younger tiger as your own. Perks: By having this title you gain a new skill [Parent: Doubles stats when protecting your child from death.] [Power napper: Your naps fill you with power. Perks: When sleeping you regain Stamina and Health faster.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

With that, he dragged the body of the tiger back to his resting spot. After placing the body down he noticed that somehow through all that commotion his daughter was still asleep. 

Shaking his head he laid next to her, laying his head down in preparation to sleep. After a few minutes of lying there, his eye finally closes along with a deep breath. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

-Outskirts of the forest- 

"Ma'am, are you sure about this subjugation?" A young-looking man in butler attire asked a woman with red hair and a fancy dress. "Yes, I'm sure after all most of our family has spiritual beasts that are tigers as it is our family crest." The woman responded with a little exasperation in her voice. 

"I know that but couldn't you just buy one from a shop like most people do?" The butler asks with a little hint of fear in his voice. "But the wild ones are always better as they have to survive in such an environment." The woman once again replies patiently. 

"And besides we have everyone here to help me catch it." She says while turning around revealing 8 girls and 1 guy. "Thank you so much for this!" The woman bows to the 9 people in front of her saying this. 

"No need to bow after all this is what friends are for." The man says in a kind voice while the other 8 start agreeing with him. "Ok let's go get us a monster!" The man says to his companions with a determined voice.

I'm sure most of you have been on this website long enough to understand what's going on here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

That concludes this chapter thanks for reading! I will write more battles in the next few chapters but I wanted to have a kinda fun chapter for the MC. Also sorry for the bad naming I have a really bad naming sense.

28