4- First Catastrophy
616 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Duncan watched as Inari skipped through the trees, will-o-wisps following her every step as they danced around her playfully.  

He observed as the fox-girl skipped toward the location of one of the dropped survivors and calling in an alien language. 

The person cried out and ran as Inari struck the ground thrice and the wisps brighten as if alert. She then pointed the shakujo forward and the wisps flew, increasing in size until they became a roaring flame that consumed all in its path. 

The person that ran could only cry out as they were consumed by the flames, and the area became a smoldering wreck of ash. 

The first blood goes to Inari with her signature Will-O-Wisps the spirits just love her today!" And just afterwards Huntress slays her first victim! 

Duncan scoured the area to see another figure, pinned to a tree as a spear three meters long protruded from their heart.  

He flinched as a deafening boom blasted his ears and a flash blinded his eyes.  Electricity struck the area,  blasting one person into nothingness. 

Oracle makes her move! Once again her Future Sight has sent another to the Underworld and into the ever-flowing river of souls.

And Reaper finally makes his move! 

Alert! Your Den is under attack!

A new Intruder has entered the Den!

The screen flashed red as the Den doors fell, a slanted line cutting them into two as a figure floated forward.  

Why did it have to cut down the door? Couldn't it just phase through? 

Duncan looked over the weapons that he had access. Mostly training swords and a few handhelds, nothing that could do real damage to the intruder. He lacked physical weapons that could harm it... but what about magic? 

Duncan knew that his dragon could use magic as it was magic-oriented... most dragons were also magical in nature so it had some degree of magical knowledge... and then there was the fire elemental. 

He clicked on the two of them

Name: Eremus Level 1 (0%) Class: Elemental

Age: 1000
HP: 100
MP: 200
SP: 100
Str:   5 (+20)
Char:  10 (+25)
Int: 2
Wis:  3
Dex:   20
Con: 5

 

History: Eremus is a fire spirit that hungers. It is very hungry and tries to eat everything. Traits:[Voracious][Charismatic][Aggressive][Complete Control: Fire]
  Wish: To Eat Status: Hungry
[Order] [Enhance] [Skills/Bonuses]
Name:  Ustasimas  Level: 1 (0%) Class: N/A
Age: 50
HP: 100 
MP: 150 (+150)
SP: 60 (+40)  
Str:   10
Char:  5
Int: 8 (+30)
Wis:  2 (+30)
Dex:   15
Con: 20
History: A dragon who still doesn't understand the world. He wants to know more. Traits:[Naïve][Playful][Magic-Oriented][ADHD]
  Wish: What the flashing lights mean. Status: Playful, wants to play games.
[Order] [Enhance] [Skills/Bonuses]

One wanted to play and the other wanted to eat. Duncan clicked on their skills to see what type of magic they could use. 

Eremus could spout out flames as part of his trait [Complete-Control: Fire] 

As for Ustasimas he could control some storm clouds as part of his [Magic-Oriented] 

As for the Reaper, the being trodded further into the base, the huge scythe glinting off the flashing red lights. 

"Ustasimas, Eremus, go and use your magic on the Reaper!" Duncan ordered and the two came out of their hiding place and moved toward the Reaper. 

Eremus let loose a torrent of flames to roast the Reaper, flames that made no effect on the being. Ustasimas followed up by spitting out a cloud of electricity, which didn't seem to faze the being at all. 

"Hungry" Eremus cried out, and it charged forward without a care in the world much to Duncan's horror. Duncan rushed to order Eremus not to charge forward, He tapped and dragged to move him somewhere else. A command he completed yet it invalidated itself as a pop up appeared. 

Trait: [Voracious] nullifies the order as Eremus's instinct drives it forward. 

Reaper didn't flinch at the bat of flames dived toward it. It pulled an arm back and swung, cleaving the bat into two as the two halves fell to the floor.

Ustasimas jumped back at the sight and called forth another storm breathe. Yet again, no effect. Duncan quickly ordered it to go elsewhere, sending forth a Maine Coon in hopes of it being distracted. 

A new Intruder has entered the Den!

Duncan moved the camera over to see the fox-girl Inari entering, the wisps following closely behind her as if dancing. 

At this point Duncan was ignoring the comments that came from the floating city, he was looking at the gacha again, scanning the categories for anything that could help him in the moment.

He didn't think another survivor would help him in the moment, and the Elemental Gacha wasn't going to work either. He didn't need resources so he clicked on the Upgrade Gacha.

The Upgrade Gacha expanded into several categories ranging from Evolution, Skills, Traits,  

Duncan needed something that could touch the Reaper, but he didn't know what could affect the Reaper... He needed more knowledge... He needed to know the weakness of the Reaper.  He watched helplessly as the Maine Coon ran unfortunately into a room with survivors in them, the Reaper bursting into said safe room and two of his survivors scrambled to run only for all three to be cut down. 

Alert! 

A Survivor has died! 
Whiskers has died to the Reaper!

A Survivor has died!
Ken Akimoto has died to the Reaper!

A Survivor has died!
Riktor Quita has died to the Reaper!

Crap! He was running out of time... ?

Duncan paused as he reread the alert. He was alerted when June died but... didn't Eremus get cleaved into two? Why did he not die as well? 

Duncan clicked on Eremus to find that his spirit core was intact, and that the two halves of his body was coming together again. 

An alien language interrupted his thoughts as Inari rounded the corner to see Eremus, her Shakujo hitting the ground thrice as the wisps grew brighter.

Duncan glanced at Eremus's skills and traits and a crazy idea hatched in his mind. 

"Eremus! [Control Flames]" Duncan ordered, the dissected bat's eyes glowed as it turned its gaze toward Inari. The will-o-wisps flew forward and then paused, the flames standing still as Inari tilted her head wondering what was going on. 

The flames flew around Eremus and toward the Reaper behind him. 

What an upset! Inari's flames go out of her control and toward the flaming bat! What technology does this settlement have to be able to create such a being? And Reaper avoids the attack, albeit his robed are scorched! 

The announcer cried out, the Crowd in the city cheered at the ramping excitement as Reaper turned around to assess the new threat. 

Inari's fox mask changed from its usual mischievous smile to a slight frown. 

Duncan took advantage of the stand-off to make use of his free gacha and selected Skills. He needed a skill that could either damage or learn of their weakness. The roulette spun as multiple skills flashed before his eyes. [Flight], [Summoning], [Breathe: Acid] and more flashed before his eyes before finally it stopped on a blurred box. 

Click to claim your reward!

Duncan clicked on the box and it flashed before the words appeared before his eyes. 

Plasma Generation!

Would you like to apply it to a current Survivor or save it for later use?

Duncan clicked to apply it instantly. But who to put it on? It was Plasma Generation... but what sort of side-effects will it have on the person wielding it. Would they be burned or shocked by the plasma?

The best choice would be to put in on Eremus, but if he ever falls he would lose the core of his team... he had to distribute the power. 

Would he put it on a person who can quickly grasp its power or can think of ways to use it? or should he  but it on a physically strong person so that if there are any side-effects they could take the damage. 

Duncan glanced at the stand-off between Reaper, Inari and Eremus before he moved over to one of his survivors and gave it to him.

Anders now has the skill [Plasma Generation]

Duncan thought that Anders's [Analytical] Trait would help him understand the ability better and make use of it, and as a scientist he can use that Plasma Generation to help further his research. 

Duncan ordered Anders to move out and shock the Reaper and for Eremus to finish him off  once he was distracted. 


Anders felt something in himself change, his body felt hotter. As if a dormant power awoken inside of him. Confusion swallowed his thoughts before he felt a sense of clarity as words appeared in his head. 

[Go to Eremus, use your new power to blast the Reaper] 

From his fingers electricity crackled from his hands, one toward the other. Next to him the lizardfolk hissed. Anders ignored her and got up, his body moving automatically. Oh how he dreaded what was to come. Would this plan actually work? Did they have the power to stop these beings that have invaded the Den?

"I don't want to die" Anders thought to himself. He wanted to stop moving, he wanted to go hide again. He tried to think about the information that he had. What he could tell was that his ability had something to do with plasma... but could plasma harm these higher beings? 

Anders turned a corner to see a broken door, and wafting from it the metallic scent of blood. Bile rose to the front of Ander's mouth but he kept his mouth closed as his stomach hurled. He had to just attack once... just once and he could run back. 

Anders peeked around the corner to see a cloaked figure, a giant scythe twirling as it faced toward the fire bat that he so hated... the one that kept on eating his samples. 

In his hands there was crackling as plasma once more flowed. His hands burned, his fingers felt charred but he held the plasma... and with a cry he launched an arc forward. 

The robed figure turned around, a swipe from the scythe and then fire everywhere. 

Anders watched as the robed figure erupted into flames, and then there was the sight of a body with their hand outstretched. 

Was that his body?

Anders never found out. 


Author's note from me to you... 

I'll be honest, I'm suppose to be studying... I have an exam like... tomorrow? I already skipped out on taking it yesterday but.... an extra two days of studying maybe? And then there is graduation I have to attend this week... for two people mind you so its back to back sitting... and cheering! YAY!. Wish I could use it to write... maybe I can get out a third chapter for you guys...

Once more leave your comments, thoughts and reviews down below so I can see what I need to change from the plan. Superpower Wiki helped me out with the plasma bit even if we got to use it once. 

- (Not yet an) Author Sederance.

10