Chapter 28 – Visit
28 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kei just stood there staring at me as I sat inside the cell.

Hikai: Good morning.

I greeted her but she didn’t reply.

Hikai: This is the first time that we are together without anyone else, huh?

She was just staring at me. She still didn’t talk.

Hikai: I’ve been meaning to ask but why did you slap me before?

It was a good opportunity to finally ask her that question. Even though it’s already been so long ago. That was the point where her expression changed.

Kei: You still remember that?

Hikai: Of course. That was why my life changed you know?

Kei: Is that so?

Kei then walked towards the cell and she leaned her back on it.

Kei: Did you forget about me before we met?

I was surprised by her sudden question.

Hikai: Yeah.

Kei: I knew it. I thought so.

Hikai: Eh?

Kei: In my life I’ve met a lot of people. Way too many people I would say.

I listened silently.

Kei: Whether I like it or not, I’ve been able to see through people. It was something that I noticed when I was just a kid.

Hikai: So that’s how.

Kei: Yeah because of my family I couldn’t really put trust into other people.

Hikai: Your family?

Kei: Yeah. The only ones that I could be open with were Takeshi and Ryuji. Although in the past I tried to reach out to out to someone else.

Hikai: That would be me right?

Kei: Yeah, that’s why I made that promise although they never came back after that.

Hikai: That was be-

Kei: It’s fine. That’s all in the past now.

I slumped back inside the cell.

Kei: I gave up on making new friends after that. That was how I lived my life.

I sat there silently listening to her.

Kei: Then suddenly when school started, someone talked to me.

I looked up since I knew what was next.

Kei: A boy that I didn’t know. On first glance, I knew I didn’t know him at all. But something at the back of my mind nagged me about him. He felt familiar, like a certain boy that I met a long time ago.

I remained silent as I listened to her.

Kei: Then as he talked I could vaguely sense something. We didn’t even need words for me to understand. It all suddenly clicked and I felt that he was the same boy and I could feel that he didn’t truly remember me.

Hikai: I only remembered you when I read your name.

Kei: I could see it in your expression. Then I couldn’t hold back my feelings anymore. Ever since then I’ve lost trust on other people then suddenly the one boy that I tried to befriend suddenly came back.

She then walked away from the cell and stood there with her back facing me.

Kei: I couldn’t help it you know? I used you as a outlet for my frustrations. I destroyed your school life for my own benefit but then something surprising happened. In the second year a new transfer student came and the boy was assigned to help her.

That must be when Beatrix transferred in.

Kei: For some reason, I didn’t want them to be together. I tried to separate the two of them by getting in their way but then I thought to myself. Why am I doing this? Why am I being so selfish? That’s why I decided to stop interfering.

So that’s why she limited her invites to Beatrix to days where I’m watching anime and when going home since our houses were not in the same direction.

Kei: What surprised me the most though was when that boy suddenly decided to stop interacting to her. The girl confided to me about it but my guilt just became deeper. I knew it was because of me. The girl was sad by what happened and I couldn’t do anything about it.

She walked a bit and stood farther from me.

Kei: Then the months passed and the girl and I were now very close but I still couldn’t forgive myself for what I did to her. Even now she still thinks that maybe it’s her fault why it all happened. That maybe she’s the one who did something but you and I know whose fault it really is.

Yeah. I nodded to her even though she wasn’t looking towards me.

Kei: Then another surprising event happened. We were summoned to another world. I thought it was finally my chance to talk about everything. But emotions can be a big bother in our lives. Even if we don’t want to, our emotions take over and we do things we don’t want to do.

Then Kei walked farther and now she was beside the door to exit the prison.

Kei: I was honestly happy. I thought that I could finally leave that life behind. I thought that I could finally just be free. Get to know people. Just don’t care about others but then you suddenly said that you didn’t trust the king.

I also remember what happened back then.

Kei: I got my bearings back after that. I suddenly realized that I should think about everything. Back then, I thought that I would just go along with whatever happened. I almost lost my own way of thinking back then but because of you, I remembered to think for myself.

Then she opened the door and right before she left she said to me.

Kei: So thank you for everything and I’m sorry for everything. Seeing you here finally made me steel my resolve and force myself to move on.

I didn’t say anything as she left the prison. I sat there speechless. There was only 4 days left before the King would decide my fate.

Takeshi: Yo.

The next day I was once again surprised by my visitors. Takeshi and Ryuji visited me. We’ve never spoken ever since when we were kids.

Ryuji: Yo!

Hikai: Eh? Why are you guys here?

Takeshi: What a great way to say hello.

Hikai: Oh, right sorry. Good morning.

Takeshi: Right. Well, Mistress has finally told us that we can talk to you so we decided to do it now.

Hikai: Wait, mistress?

Takeshi: You didn’t know? Mistress is the heir to one of the largest corporations in Japan.

Ryuji: I don’t think you should’ve told him that Takeshi.

Takeshi: It’s fine.

Hikai: So that’s why you’re visiting me?

Takeshi: That and another thing.

Hikai: Hmm?

Takeshi: I’ve been watching how Mistress acts around you and I can’t take it anymore. Seriously, for how she acts normally she’s very pure when it comes with her feelings.

Ryuji: I don’t think he understands what you’re talking about.

Takeshi: Right, I should discuss things one at a time. Hey do you want to get along with Mistress?

Hikai: Yes.

Takeshi: Then you’re in for a tough time. I’m sure you’ve realized but Mistress is incredibly selfish. She is very selfish. I don’t know what will happen if you get close to her.

Hikai: Eh? What do you mean?

Takeshi: I already told you I don’t know what would happen. Even so, do you still want to get along with her?

Hikai: Even so, I want to get along with her.

Ryuji: Wow, he’s really brave huh?

Takeshi: Well, its your choice.

I still couldn’t understand why they asked me those questions.

Takeshi: Now then, we’re here to give you a little help with that.

Hikai: Eh? Why would you want to help me?

Takeshi: I told you right? I’ve had enough watching the two of you. Mistress has experienced a lot of things but she has never experienced this so we came here to help her out.

Ryuji: Right, I’m sure even Mistress doesn’t know what she feels.

Takeshi: Yeah, she’s told us about a lot of things so I’m asking you, do you still remember the promise you made back then?

Hikai: I still remember.

Takeshi: Then what are you doing?

Hikai: Eh? What are you talking about? Didn’t I break that promise already?

Then Takeshi and Ryuji had a surprised expression on their faces.

Takeshi: So that’s where we are huh.

Ryuji: Well, that’s just how it is.

Takeshi and Ryuji walked towards the door and right before they left.

Takeshi: Then here’s something to think about. Do you really think that that promise is broken? Or that you can’t still fulfill that promise even now?

I was more than confused on what they said.

Hikai: What? Was that promise really broken? Or that I can still fulfill it? What?

I thought about it and now only 3 days are left before the King’s decision.

Zack: Yo, we’re back.

As I was still thinking about what Takeshi and Ryuji told me, Zack and Ester visited me the next day.

Ester: Hmph.

Both of them sat in front of the cell.

Zack: Apologize already.

Zack nudged Ester.

Ester: I’m sorry.

Zack: Seriously. You’re such a child.

Ester: Shut up.

Ester pouted as she answered.

Ester: Ahhhhh!!!!

Then she suddenly shouted.

Ester: Whew, I’m okay now.

Zack: Really? You’re so simple.

Ester: Hmph. That’s how I like it.

Zack shrugged his shoulders.

Ester: Hey, was she smiling?

Hikai: Eh?

Ester: Was little Lin smiling when she left?

Hikai: Yeah. She was smiling.

Ester: I see. Then I forgive you.

She showed me her widest smile. I also smiled to her.

Zack: Since the two of you are fine now, we can tell him about it right?

Ester: Yeah!

Hikai: What are you talking about?

Zack: You made a promise with Lin right?

Hikai: Yeah.

Ester: Both of us have decided to help you with that.

Hikai: Eh?

Zack: We’re saying that when you finally go to Lin, we’ll go with you.

Ester: We can’t fulfill the promise if all of us aren’t there right?

They both smiled as they told me that.

Hikai: Is that so? Then when I can finally go I won’t forget to tell both of you.

Zack & Ester: Yeah!

As the three of us smiled, I finally remembered something else.

Hikai: Oh right. I completely forgot but I asked the Woodsmith to make me a new pole.

Zack: Another one? What happened to the one before?

Hikai: It broke.

Zack: Again? You should seriously take care of those more.

Hikai: Shut up, It’s not like I wanted to break it you know.

The three of us laughed.

Hikai: I’ll leave that to you.

Ester: Oh! Leave that to me!

Both of them left after that. Now there were only 2 days left before the King’s decision.

Guard: Please wait!

The next day, the door suddenly slammed open.

Beatrix: Move!

Jeanne: Please wait, Beatrix. You still haven’t recovered.

Oscar and some guards, Beatrix and Princess Jeanne entered.

Beatrix: I said move!

Beatrix pushed away some of the guards and slumped on my prison cell.

Jeanne: You still haven’t recovered enough.

Beatrix: Please give us some time.

Jeanne: Bu-

Beatrix: Please.

Beatrix bowed down as she was slumped on the cell.

Jeanne: Fine. Just make sure that you will return properly. We don’t want you passing out somewhere.

Beatrix: Understood.

Guard: But Princess.

Oscar: The Princess has spoken or do you intend to disobey her?

The Guards were taken aback by what Oscar said. All of them reluctantly left the prison. Now, only Beatrix and I were left inside.

~Chapter 28 End~

3