Chapter 21
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Content Warning]
This chapter contains mature themes such as self-harm and suicidal ideation.

•__________________________________________________________•

??? POV

'. . .Haa.'

'You're feeling down often recently. What happened?'

'No, it's nothing.'

'It can't be nothing when you're like that. Speak up.'

". . .Did I do something wrong? What have I done to be like this?"

'. . .'

"My parents are going to divorce soon. I have no one to run to. I. . .What should I do?"

'. . .'

"Hey, tell me. I am so pathetic. I keep getting anxious about what will happen. I am all alone and I don't know what to do?"

'. . .'

'You're not saying anything. . .Haha. . .Is it because you don't know what to do either?'

'That's. . .not my job. Sorry.'

•__________________________________________________________•

After that day, things kept getting worse.

Her parents kept on pressuring her into paying their debt off.

"As soon as you graduate, work. Work, so we will have money to buy a car, a mansion even."

They said.

'Liars. You're going to divorce as soon as I graduate, so shut up. Don't lie. You just want me to pay off your debts.'

Her thoughts kept on reverberating in my head.

The reason why she's thinking like this is because she actually heard them talking about it.

That one night, they were arguing about none other than financial problems as usual.

She sneakily opened the door ever so slightly. Just enough so that she can see.

"Once that kid finishes school, I'll be free at last from your nagging! I can finally live for myself!"

"And what will you do about our debt?!"

"Ha! OUR debt? You're the one who keeps spending our money on useless shit! What's all this? Bags?! Pretty ass dresses? You're already old, so just stop playing dress-up."

"And what about you?! Already an old man, and yet you're still sticking your face into young women's skirts! Aren't you ashamed? Did it feel that good? How's it like to taste another woman, ah?!"

"Shut up!!"

"Ah!"

That man I called father slapped my mother. She stumbled on the floor while holding her cheek. She must've cut her lip. It was bleeding.

"You should be grateful that I'm not a murderer yet. I regret ever marrying you."

"You! You come back here! You, piece of shit!"

Just like that, they went away.

All this time, she stood right at the door. Motionless, expressionless, as if she was a statue.

She has seen this happen many, many times. That could be why she got used to it.

I'm also quite used to this scenario. It's been a long time since I got into this body. I've seen this happen time and time again.

Yet, what is this feeling? I strangely felt empty. It was as if I was expecting this to happen.

There was also a mix of disappointment. How strange.

Was this what she was feeling? Or was it mine?

•__________________________________________________________•

As if it wasn't enough, the day just kept getting worse.

She finally brought up the courage to talk to her 'friends' and confront them.

"Huh? Yesterday? Ahh. . .I just really needed to somewhere. It was an emergency. Sorry for not saying anything."

". . .I see. No problem."

Actually, this 'friend' left her waiting in the library for four hours, we were supposed to talk about our school project and planned to finish it, but she didn't show up.

"Just. . .next time, tell me beforehand if you're not sure of your schedule."

"Right, right. Ah, also, can you help me do my chem assignment? The formula for this and that is making me confused."

"Our professor taught us this a week ago. You already forgot it?"

"Hey! I'm not as smart as you, so just help me. Here!"

She left her notebook on the table in front of me and just left.

'Wha-? Did she just get angry and ran away from me?'

When I came to, she just took the notebook and stared at it.

"Help? You mean I should do it?"

She muttered.

"Haa. . ."

She walked out of the school's border and went to a nearby trash bin and━

She threw the notebook in.

"Haa. . .what a shitty life. She'll probably be mad at me. Haa. . .whatever."

She stopped caring and went home.

Her parents seem to have left for a while. It was unusually quiet.

It was a nice change.

•__________________________________________________________•

An hour later, her parents arrived, the house was eerily dark.

When they turned the lights on, the house was in a mess.

The glass furnitures were shattered. The tables were turned upside down, with what seemed like cracks. The clothes were ripped and━

Lying on the floor was the girl.

With her wrist bleeding out from the cuts.

•__________________________________________________________•

2