A hidden secret – Chapter 27
132 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

“Haa... I suppose I can reveal the truth since you no longer have any options. I was never named or related to any sort of demon.”

“.....Wha? Y-you!!”

“But I’m surprised that you actually fell for it and made a contract with a human who simply showed you little to no proof of his identity. Maybe you aren't as smart as I thought.”

Ugh…. What is that noise?

Identity? What are they talking about?

My head felt like it was about to explode, and I could feel my heart beating much faster than usual. And combined with the sounds of someone conversing with another, it worsened my headache. Everything around me was completely dark, almost as if I were swallowed by a bottomless void in which I never saw a beginning or an end.

I wasn't really sure what had happened or where I was. And the only hint I had about my situation were the two voices that were talking.

“You fucking bastar– Agh!!”

“Also another thing to keep in mind. I don't like swearing, so unless you want your mouth sealed as well…”

“Who do you think you’re talking to, you fu– uhm!?”

“Why don’t you keep quiet until you calm down? You still don't seem to be understanding that you can’t do anything.”

While the voice of a woman seemed to be rather pissed, the other voice seemed calm and reserved.

I still couldn't recognize or understand anything that was going on, which is why I began to wonder whether this was a dream or not….

This isn't the first time I’ve had weird dreams, so I figured that this dream was the same case for this situation as well.

After a few moments of silence, the same male voice continued speaking once again.

“Where is the core of this dungeon? I want to check something out from within the system.”

“......”

“You can talk,”

“....a-and why would I show you where the core is?”

Dungeon? Core?

What are they talking about? The topic of the conversation suddenly changed to something that no longer made sense to me. 

“It's for your own benefit as well. Even though you’re under my soul contract, I will still keep that part of my promise. I will help you get what you truly want.”

“....What… I truly want? You….”

“Yes, isn't power and control over others?” The voice of that boy continued, “I can still help you out with that. And you get to keep your life. Of course, you still have to follow everything I say to you.”

“.....”

Silence fell upon this conversation. And from what I could tell, the male voice seemed to be trying to get some sort of information from the female one.

I wasn't sure why, but I could feel that accepting this sort of agreement was a bad feeling…

“How do I trust you?” The female voice sternly asked.

“Isn't the fact that you’re still alive proof enough?”

“......”

“.....”

“....Fine… I will cooperate with you if what you’re saying is the truth. But if you truly want my help, you have to tell me everything about why you’re keeping this human alive. I don't understand why you would risk saving another human when you could’ve infiltrated between demons even further… Tell me, what's going on?”

Demons?!

Right!! I was with Ryosaki and the rest when we met this woman, whom we thought was a demon. And the next thing I knew…. everything went black…

“You’re right. I could’ve used this opportunity to learn a lot more about what is going on in this world. However, I couldn't risk having this whole city– no, the whole kingdom — destroyed because of a small mistake.”

Just what could cause the whole kingdom to be destroyed?

“My goal was simply to take over this town. What are you talking about?”

“Yes, that was your goal…. but not your demon lord’s true objective.”

“What?!”

As the conversation was beginning to get heated once again, I could feel my vision becoming a little brighter. I still had a headache, which is why I wasn't able to see this weird dream.

"The moment the princess dies, an impending disaster would have been unleashed — a calamity that threatens to claim not only your life but also the lives of all who fall within her gaze."

“That's impossibl—”

“A half demon, half human? You should understand that much.”

Half demon…. Half huma—- Aghh!

Why does it hurt so much?

My vision was becoming a bit clearer. However, all I could still see were cloudy and blurry images of two individuals standing in front of one another.

“Ugh…..”

As I was trying to get my head around what was going on, I felt both of the blurry individuals look at me.

“She is going to wake up soon. I will take care of the rest and stabilize her. I don't think I have to tell you what you should do next.”

The moment the male voice advised the other blurry female figure, I saw as she crossed her arms before looking to her side with a stern figure.

“Tch… fine…”

* * *

With a swing of her small arm, a monster that resembles a deformed wolf splurts out blood before releasing the whining sounds of death. 

“This should be the last of them….”

Having said that, the white-haired girl, Aya, let out a small sigh before looking all around at all of the monsters she had cut down. The whole forest around her was mostly destroyed. Trees were filled with many scratches, and the grass was mostly filled with wolves, which were mostly mutilated due to constant slashes and stabbings.

‘I should look for the princess first.’ Aya thought to herself.

While trying to maintain a distance from most of the monsters lurking around this whole forest, Aya continued running in one direction until she soon picked up some noises coming from a distance.

‘It’s coming from that way.’

She was sure that whatever was making those slashing and growling noises was definitely someone who was fighting other monsters in this dungeon.

Aya didn't want to pry and perhaps make enemies. Instead, she chose to cautiously conceal herself behind some bushes. From there, she could hear the rustling of leaves and the splattering of blood in the vicinity.

‘....ah…’

Her eyes went completely wide in surprise at the force and slashes this particular individual was showing to these monsters before she soon saw a knight in a red uniform who was quickly obliterating six to seven Masts’ at the same time. The very same monsters that had once threatened her life before Hiroki came to her rescue.

‘Thats….’

As she carefully followed the blurry figure moving at a quick pace, she soon realized who he was.

‘....Sir Ryosaki!’

Ryosaki swiftly moved his body in order to avoid the razor-sharp horns of the monsters, and then, without wasting his momentum, he ran behind the moose-like monsters and cut them into many pieces.

Having finished the last remaining Mast, he sternly looked at his bloody sword before his gaze finally met another pair of eyes that were lurking somewhere near the bushes. However, his stern-looking eyes quickly transformed into worried and surprised ones once he realized who was hiding in the bushes.

“...I’m sorry if I have startled you, Sir. Ryosak–”

“Aya!”

Since she didn't want to accidentally make Ryosaki think it was a potential assassin hiding in the bushes, Aya uncovered herself from her hiding position and tried apologizing to Ryosaki. However, as a result, Ryosaki showed concern before rushing towards the white-haired girl and tightly hugging her.

“....S-Sir. Ryosaki?”

“Aya…. I’m so glad that you are safe. Thank God that you aren’t hurt.”

Her face was almost enveloped by a warm, pounding chest from the strongest knight in the kingdom. However, she could hear that his voice almost sounded lost and broken.

Though Aya empathized with Ryosaki's concerns, she felt the need to clarify something with him. She gently disengaged from the knight, meeting his trembling, searching gaze directly.

“Sir. Ryosaki…. I’m sure that something must’ve happened to you in the past… However, this isn't the time to get worried about someone like me. The life of the princess could be in danger right now. Shouldn't we be rushing and finding where she is right now?”

“.....”

“Miss. Sofia as well. I figured out why she attacked the princess. So we should hurry up before it’s too late.”

With his slightly worried face and wide eyes, Ryosaki closed his eyes before his calm and stern look returned.

“I'm sorry that you had to see such a thing.”

“Please don't worry about that. I know that this situation is happening all of a sudden, that's why we shouldn't hesitate.”

“....You are right…. I'm sorry that you had to say something like that, when it should’ve been me the one to know that.”

“...it's okay.”

“Then shall we get moving? I can sense a wave of blood coming from that direction…”

“Okay.”

As Aya gave the last confirmation, both of them disappeared in one direction at great speed.

* * *

“This should be the place…”

Meanwhile, in a different location, Hiroki was carrying the princess on his back. His face clearly displayed the strain of supporting her weight, yet his pride compelled him to soldier on without letting her go.

Having walked for some time in the grassy field, he located another transportation circle, which teleported him somewhere far from any other monster. Upon being brought to yet another place, he found himself inside a small facility with rooms exclusively dedicated to overseeing the entire dungeon.

After looking around with the princess on his back, he found the main room, where the dungeon master could look at any place through some screens that were projecting images on the walls.

Hiroki carried the princess and gently laid her on the first table that came to his view. The princess still seemed to be panting, and her face was now beginning to grow paler as cold sweat was drenching her skin.

‘Her powers are getting unstable….’

Without wasting any more time, Hiroki opened his status and quickly looked through his collected skills.

[ STATUS ]

    Name: Hiroki                        SF: 3,400/3,400

     Race: Ghost                         Points: 1,829

     Title: Monarch of the Undead

INT: 2,871        STR: 0        AGI: 0        VIT: 0        DEF: 0

[ Skills ]

<Appraisal> < Possession > <Curse> <Skill distortion> < Night Vision > < Danger Sense > < Airblade > < Fast thinking > < Memory Call > < Total Immobilization > < Mind’s force > < Imitation > < Flame Control > < Spiritual Projection >

 

‘If only I had a bit more time, I could have acquired a few new skills from this dungeon. However, that's not important at the moment. My priority is finding a way to stabilize the energy within the princess.’

After quickly skimming through his skills, Hiroki finally decided which skills he was going to sacrifice once again.

'Even without these two skills, I believe my plan will remain unaffected.'

<Skill distortion>

[ Notice! ]

[ < Total Immobilization >, < Airblade > were successfully sacrificed!  ]

[ A new skill has been acquired! ]

Skill Acquired

Skill: < Absorption >

Effects: Upon direct contact, you are able to absorb Spiritual Energy more efficiently.

 

Having confirmed that Skill distortion was successful, several more window stats appeared in front of his eyes before he focused on the moaning princess on the table.

‘This should do it.’

Then, without wasting any more time, he placed his hand over the princess’s stomach and used the newly acquired skill. 

“....”

However, no matter how much he concentrated, no changes appeared in either the princess’s expression or his status. He knew that the skill wasn't at fault, which is why Hiroki tried focusing on where the energy was accumulated the most, which was surprisingly a little close to the belly button.

Without a second thought, Hiroki placed his hand over the princess’s stomach and used absorption once again.

[ < Absorption > has taken effect ]

[ 1 SF has been added!  ] [ 2 SF has been added!  ] [ 1 SF has been added!  ] [ 2 SF has been added!  ] [ 1 SF has been added!  ] [ 2 SF has been added!  ]

His skill was indeed working just as intended, but no matter how he looked at it, the skill was incredibly slow, to the point where the princess showed no changes in her pained expression.

‘Something’s not right…’ Hiroki thought to himself, ‘Perhaps direct contact would increase its efficiency.’

As the last thoughts came to his mind, he lifted the princess’s dress and revealed her white panties and her bare, pure, thick legs.

Hiroki paid no mind to undressing the princess like that and proceeded to place the palm of his hand below the belly, almost touching the clothing of the panties. Then, without any more time, he began absorbing.

[ 20 SF has been added!  ] [ 40 SF has been added!  ] [ 30 SF has been added!  ] [ 42 SF has been added!  ] [ 40 SF has been added!  ] [ 60 SF has been added!  ] [ 62 SF has been added!  ]

The effects of the absorption were more efficient and quicker compared to before, as the energy accumulated inside the princess's body was being sucked away by Hiroki.

His Spiritual Force continued to surge at an accelerated pace, and he keenly sensed the potent energy streaming directly into his spiritual body.

“....K-kgu!”

However, no matter how long it took, his absorption skill wasn't stopping, and the princess was still in pain.

‘Just how much energy does this girl have?!’ Were his current thoughts.

[   SF: 3,400/3,400 ->5,101/3,400   ]

[   SF: 5,101/3,400 ->6,101/3,400   ]

[   SF: 6,101/3,400  ->7,301/3,400   ]

And his status window didn't seem to rest as his Spiritual Force was beginning to grow at an insane rate. But despite this much energy being flown directly at him, Hiroki could feel that his spiritual body wasn't ready to handle this much energy.

Since his spiritual body felt like it was about to explode from the sudden energy being absorbed, he quickly opened his status once again and used all of his remaining points on his INT.

[ Remaining Points: 1,829 ]

[ INT: 2,871 -> 4,700  ]

Right as Hiroki increased his INT with all of the remaining points, his mind became more clear as he sufficiently continued absorbing the remaining energy from the princess. The numbers continued going up for some more seconds, until his physical body collapsed on the ground, leaving his spiritual form in its original position.

“Phew….”

As he let out a sigh, he looked at the princess and confirmed that her pale skin was returning to her original color. 

On the other hand, Hiroki remained silent for a split second while he was trying to adjust to the sudden increase in his INT and Spiritual Force. Even though he shouldn't feel any sort of pain, he felt the immense power that was slowly being synchronized inside his ghostly form.

“Now then, let's see what my status looks like…”

 

[ STATUS ]

    Name: Hiroki                        SF: 10,201/10,201

     Race: Ghost                         Points: 0

     Title: Monarch of the Undead

INT: 4,700     STR: 0       AGI: 0      VIT: 0        DEF: 0

[ Skills ]

<Appraisal> < Possession > <Curse> <Skill distortion> < Night Vision > < Danger Sense > < Airblade > < Fast thinking > < Memory Call > < Total Immobilization > < Mind’s force > < Imitation > < Flame control > < Spiritual Projection > < Absorption >

 

Hiroki looked through his status and confirmed all of the new changes that have been applied to his numbers. It took a while for the SF points to catch up with their own stacked ones, but after a while, his spiritual condition returned to normal.

Other than feeling his spiritual sensation disappear, he decided to test out how much his force had improved now that he had absorbed most of the energy that the princess had.

He looked behind him at all of the objects that were in the room. Things such as chairs, broken glass, papers, and books. Then he concentrated his mind on all of them at the same time. Then, in the next moment, all of the objects that were lying across the room began floating at the same time. 

But after having a closer look, Hiroki also noticed smaller particles and dust that were also floating alongside the objects.

Hiroki wanted to test the capabilities of his Mind’s Force and see how much stuff he could levitate at the same time. But the moment he saw the thousands of particles that were floating at the same time….. this exceeded his expectations.

“....amazing….”

As Hiroki was drawn to his improved powers, he suddenly felt a slight vibration in the whole room. Whatever that vibration was, Hiroki knew that it must’ve affected the whole dungeon in some way.

He had a guess as to where this phenomenon was coming from, which is why he went towards the screens projecting on the walls.

“Show me the location of the problem.”

And with a voice command, the screen changed to something else. The screen now showed a wide, open area that was mostly destroyed due to some sort of battle occurring. 

On one side, dodging the attacks at a quick pace, was a short, dark-haired assassin with a small scar on her cheek, and on the offensive side was Soifa, whose body had taken on a mutation form. While her face had become a bit swollen, Sofia now had four red, glaring eyes. She now had four arms, and her skin was filled with many sharp-looking knives and deformed, sharp objects.

Even despite Sofia's distorted form, Hiroki realized that she was a lot stronger than before. And despite that, Alexia seemed to be dodging all of her deadly attacks.

‘Alright….’ Hiroki said in his mind, ‘Now, all that's left is for Aya to bring Ryosaki there.’

4