Arc 1 Chapter 1: Goddess fixes a catastrophe
472 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Intermittent.

Creation.

Salvation.

Could it be, that I'm being reborn? Why do I feel.. Not able to feel..?

_♦__________________________________________________♦_

I open my "eyes." What I see in front of me is nothing but a white room. Nothing yet has appeared, and I am lost.

"Hello." A voice has appeared in my head! Ten seconds pass.

"...Hello?" The voice repeats, seemingly irritated. "Are you able to hear me?"

"I can, thank you." Sheesh. That came out totally sarcastic, didn't it?

From my utterance, I have determined that I am capable of speaking through some sort of telepathy. I don't feel as though I have a mouth, and other connections with my consciousness have been cut off. I've had information implanted into my subconscious that I am capable of using telepathy to communicate. Whatever communication is intended to accomplish is beyond me, but I will continue to pray for answers.

"Can you see me yet? How dare you ignore me when I prompt an answer the first time!"

The voice is right. I've known that I could talk since the first 'Hello.' However, I've been so struck that I didn't know how to answer. What an unfamiliar situation!

Right, I can also see this person now... Doesn't look like a person. I take it back.

"I hope you know that I can read your mind." This thing says.

SHOCK!

"Isn't that private information?!"

"Not that it matters in here. Would you like me to explain to you why you're here? I have the impression that you aren't interested... Just like that guy."

"Guy?"

"That's right. I've cleared out one of the vessels in another world to put another soul in, and I have decided on your soul when you died. The body of the guy you're going to inherit has special powers. Don't abuse them, or I might do the same to you."

"What is the power?"

"I am only permitted to tell you of your circumstances up to the transfer state. Telling you the vessel has power is already far beyond my jurisdiction. Be grateful for my love, human."

"Thank you."

"..." This thing has a way with dramatic pauses. "You're not going to press it further?"

"You said it yourself, right? I've died. If it's time for me to inherit a new body, then let it be so."

"For your gratitude, I have decided to step out of line once more. I have decided to let you retain your memory from your past life. I've read part of your memories and it appears that when this happens in your fictional comics, cartoons, and other mediums, the character is put in a less modern world. I don't have such a world, so you'll have to settle with one that is more advanced."

"How is it more advanced?"

"You will see soon."

"By the way, am I able to appraise things?"

"That power does come built-in with the vessel, yes; however, you must not peek!"

"Peek?"

"Forget I said anything."

"Well I can't just forget it when you bring up something so lewd. Fill me in!"

"I'd prefer if you avoided all talk about filling altogether!"

"You sure have an attitude."

"Look who's talking! I'm God! You're out of line!" God paused. "Very well. I will transfer you to the mute section until your soul transfer is complete."

"WAI-" Too late.

I'm waiting in this place, unable to talk. However, I have a thought. If I am unable to return to my previous world, I might as well get used to the new one.

"That's right."

You can still hear?!

After a while, I've realised that the entity "God" spoke to was another acquaintance. I wonder what kind of mysterious new powers I will get? I am getting excited now.

_♦__________________________________________________♦_

After the transfer was complete, I was made aware of a bizarre fact.

Can't God read minds?! It appears my thought process itself was manipulated to believe a cop-out answer. Regardless of that, I'm now in another world.

I can see very little but plains around me. Normally it's a forest! If it's just plains, I will be able to see monsters and whatnot coming from miles away! It'll likely be the same for them! This is bad...

Hasty to find some cover, I ran around for about 3 hours. Don't ask if I know what 3 hours means in this world, the sun appears to be moving a lot slower than that on Earth... I am estimating that time frame based solely on how far the sun has been reoriented across the sky.

What archaic methods! If this world really is modern as "God" says, I might as well make my first mission to find a watch or something! Does the planet even orbit around the sun?! 

7