Chapter 6
862 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Star People

Chapter 6

Heavy Metal

July 24th, 11 AE…

In a hotel room in Andromeda, two officers from Atlans were going over the information they had accumulated over the past two days. In just under 48 hours, they had witnessed an endless stream of technological marvels, in which the impossible was not only possible, but routine in this country. They had prided themselves of being from the most technologically advanced nation in the world. And now, compared to Free Land, their mechanical technology was mere child’s play, no they were something that an infant would be amused by.

“Can you believe what the Free Landers are capable of?” Sergeant Jans asked as he scanned over the various documents and books they had obtained. Though paper was outmoded by the standards of Free Land, the government was happy enough to provide information for their guests in a medium they understood.

“Are you kidding?! Akar, we rode in a giant FLYING battleship yesterday, and I STILL can’t believe it!” Lieutenant Hodder replied incredulously. “They’re so far ahead of us that it would take us decades, maybe even a couple of centuries to catch up!”

“Well, Ambassador Duset did say that Free Land is over 270 years ahead of us.”

“And that’s what makes it even more frustrating! We are so close to such advanced technology, and they won’t teach us how it all works!”

After discovering that the level of technology of the planet was far below their own, the Council of Prime Directors decided to keep a tight rein on Star Alliance technology and prevent it from spilling out too fast. The last thing they needed was to start an arms race among the other countries. The main features of the New World Technology Share Laws included:

  1. All exported technology must be carefully screened and deemed as non-harmful to the people of Free Land as well as to the natives of the world of Istaria.
  2. Military technology and other technology that can be used for warfare cannot be exported. Even if the technology is greatly outdated, it still must be screened and pose no appreciable threat to Free Land.
  3. Consumer goods and services can be exported, so long as advanced methods of manufacture and processes are kept secret and all goods are manufactured in Free Land before being exported.

Due to the New World Technology Share Laws, all core technology and methods were kept secret. Military and space technology was also deemed as highly classified material. As a result, the Atlans officers were only given general descriptions of the weapons of the Star Alliance.

“Just look at this! They have this device called a computer that can do nonillions of calculations in a second! Nonillions!” Lenns exclaimed. “No wonder they were able to hit a ship from over 900 kilometers away!”

“They have this thing called a submersible vessel. I think that’s like our prototype submarines, only a lot better.” Akar commented. “Our submarines are barely seaworthy, while theirs can easily go down to over 10,000 fathoms without cracking.”

“And did you see those guided missiles? I’d love to even understand the basics of their guidance systems!”

“Starfighters… flying battleships… guided missiles… It’s all so overwhelming, as to how far ahead they are!”

“Although, I did notice one thing that was missing from these documents. I didn’t see any mention of an armored vehicle.”

The sergeant looked over the files and realized that his superior officer was correct. “You’re right! There’s no mention of a tank! Nothing at all about an armored, tracked vehicle! Maybe… this is the one thing that we have that Free Land doesn’t?”

“I don’t know. Remember when we took the Free Land ambassadors to that military parade? They didn’t seem too interested in our tanks.”

----------

Flashback…

Both Ambassadors Duset and Chellar nodded as they watched the parade of tanks pass by.

“This is our latest armored, fighting vehicle.” Lenns announced. “We call it a ‘tank.’ As you can see, it has armor plating, runs on tracks and has a large gun in a rotating turret. It’s like having a battleship on the land. Our soldiers sometimes call them ‘land ships.’ It is armed with a main 37mm gun.”

“It reminds me of the old FT-17 tanks I saw on the history holo-vids.” Chellar commented.

“Are… you saying that your country also has tanks?”

“Oh no! We don’t have tanks like these.” Duset corrected.

“You don’t?”

“We have something else, called Battle-Mechs.”

--------

End of Flashback…

“What did you suppose he meant? What are these Battle-Mechs?” Akar wondered.

“We’ll know soon enough. Free Land is going to invade the Empire of Sath and we’ve been invited to observe one of their armored terrestrial divisions. They say it’s one of their best Battle-Mech divisions, the 472nd.”

----------

The Council of Prime Directors Conference Room…

“Our apologies for dragging you out of retirement, General Kurdo, but we have need of your skills as a commander and strategist. Therefore, it is our honor and pleasure, in re-commissioning you to active service. Furthermore, through unanimous decision, we hereby elect you to be the Supreme Commander of the Star Alliance Invasion of the Empire of Sath.” The Terran Prime Director announced. “We are most confident in your ability to lead us to victory.”

Kurdo nodded silently as he stood with his hands behind his back. He was another veteran of the war against the Cryterians. He was a gruff-looking Catian with reddish-brown hair with some gray streaks, plus a short beard. Despite being in his early seventies, he was still a very formidable opponent, both physically and mentally. The Catians were the race that introduced Battle-Mech technology to the Star Alliance, and had contributed greatly in both planet-based and deep-space operations. In addition to military applications, Mech frames proved quite useful for peace-time as well.

“Now then, General Kurdo,” The Kyteeri Director said, “you must begin preparations immediately. It is most unlikely that the Empire will sit idle after losing two of their naval fleets.”

“Indeed.” Kurdo agreed. “I have read the reports and I imagine that they are already planning to continue their misguided war against us. Therefore, I believe it is time to teach them just whom they have foolishly decided to point their swords at.”

----------

Empire of Sath, the royal palace…

“Impossible! This cannot be!” Emperor Garres shouted in disbelief.

The messenger who had brought him the news of the defeat of the Black and Red Dragon Fleets was the captain of one of the five ships that had survived. He was trembling a lot as he recounted what had happened to the Red Dragon Fleet. After nearly all the ships were systematically destroyed by mysterious metal arrows, without even given a chance to shoot back, the surviving ships had sent out a message to the Black Dragon Fleet to warn them. However, they soon lost contact with Admiral Rekavar and his forces as their signatures disappeared from all magical sensors. Eventually the five ships and their crews had to assume that they were the only survivors, as they retreated back to the Empire.

“Over a thousand ships… gone!” Prince Vexor mumbled in total shock.

Standing nearby, his sister Princess Lexina remained silent as she contemplated the report the captain had given. It was nearly impossible to imagine the complete loss of two-fifths of their naval forces. Not to mention that the Black and Red Dragon Fleets were the strongest. The Empire of Sath originally had five large fleets. They were the feared Dragon Fleets of Sath and no one in Merdov could match them. They were so numerous that even the nations of Atlans and Naran consider them as formidable.

Now that the Red and Black Dragon Fleets were destroyed, only the Green, Blue and White Dragon Fleets were left to defend the Empire and keep its vassal states under control. News of this devastating defeat would surely entice some states to consider rebellion. And the Empire would have to use up manpower and resources to keep them in check. Resources that they sorely needed to defend against the inevitable retaliation of Free Land.

When she had first heard of the new nation, she had thought like everyone else that it was simply a fledgling, underdeveloped country that had somehow managed to establish itself on the Alder continent. Other than the rich resources of magical gems and ores, there wasn’t anything else the new nation could possibly offer. However, her outlook on Free Land soon changed when she had experienced her first product from Free Land.

The Instant Food Packet.

After that debacle in Grevel where Vexor had tried to force Free Land’s emissaries to sign their country as a vassal state, the princess later visited the port to get more information about the new nation. She had met with the port master, Captain Vern, and he had given her some samples of what the Free Landers had used to pay for their docking fee. That was when she got a glimpse of how advanced Free Land was.

Lexina was simply astounded after Macus demonstrated how easy it was to turn that tiny object into a hot and delicious meal. Just add a little water. Then she had tasted what was called ‘Chicken Pot Pie.’ The flavor was indescribable, and simply calling it delicious would have been a gross understatement. Then her mind began to go wild with the possibilities of such portable and long-lasting food. The Free Landers claimed that these Instant Food Packets could be stored for decades without spoiling. And since they were so lightweight and easy to carry, they’d be perfect to be used as field rations for soldiers. Navy and exploration crews could use these as rations for long voyages. In times of famine or poor harvests, these packets would be indispensible. They took up so little space and didn’t leave any trash. She was just as shocked when the port master showed her how to dispose of the bag afterwards.

The Instant Food Packet by itself would be a product that the other nations would most certainly want to trade for. Especially for countries that had poor food production, or areas that lacked good farmlands or hunting grounds. And if she could see the benefits of the food packet for the Empire’s military, it was quite possible that other nations could use it for their armed forces as well. It was a simple equation. If soldier aren’t fed, or aren’t fed well, they won’t have the strength to win battles. The Instant Food Packet, though small and simple-looking, was a very potent weapon.

After the battle against the Green Dragon Fleet, she had been hearing that other nations were trying to contact Free Land and establish diplomatic relations with it. That could be troublesome for the Empire if other nations ally themselves with the new country and gain access to the magical resources of the Alder continent.

Lexina also started to think more about the capabilities of the Free Landers. If they were able to produce these food packets, then they might have access to magic and technology that was far more advanced than her father and brother believed. For example, that giant warship that fought off 31 ships of the Green Dragon Fleet and the apparent destruction of the Black and Red Dragon Fleets. If it were all true, then the Empire might have angered a nation that was far more powerful than it seemed. Perhaps even more powerful than the Empire itself.

At this point, her attention turned back to the present as her father announced that he would begin amassing the armies and remaining navies to prepare for the coming invasion of Free Land. She kept her thoughts to herself at this point.

----------

Free Land, Andromeda Base, home of the 472nd Battle-Mech Division…

“So this is a Battle-Mech?” Lieutenant Lenns asked. Both he and Sergeant Akar stared at the machine as their guides, Corporal Vincent Mardo and Corporal Ardi explained it.

“No, this is what is called the basic Mech-Frame.” Mardo said as his Catian counterpart began activating the device.

The Mech-Frame resembled a humanoid, and had long arms and legs. It stood about 10 feet tall. The pilot was strapped in the central body/cockpit, with his hands positioned near touchpad controls. The arms were jointed like a human’s, but terminated in three-pronged grapplers. The legs could also elongate and retract to a certain degree.

As soon as the frame powered up, Ardi simply made it walk to the training area as Vincent led his guests to the observation platform. Then the Catian corporal put the machine through its paces, making fluid motions as he walked, ran, jumped, hopped and used the g-force nullifier system to slide across the ground.

“Amazing! It moves so smoothly!” Akar commented. He had expected it to have stiff movements and such, but he didn’t think it could move so precisely.

“How is it able to move? What is it powered by?” Lenns asked. “I don’t see any engine.”

“The frame is powered by a micronized meson/anti-meson battery and utilizes kinetic fluid-motors.” Corporal Mardo replied.

“A battery? You mean this frame is electric?”

“In a sense, but far more efficient than what you’re used to.” The corporal admitted. “Now let’s show some of the Mech-Frame’s other capabilities. Corporal Ardi, if you please?”

 Tapping a control panel nearby, Vincent made a large panel in the floor of the training area open up. From an underground storage bay, a large metal block appeared in front of Corporal Ardi’s Mech-Frame. Ardi made the frame approach the block, then used its massive grappler hands to grab hold of it. With fluid motors running, he easily lifted the block over the frame’s head.

“That block is solid steel and weighs about 12 tons, or just a little over 10,886 kilograms.” Vincent stated.

“Twelve tons?! He’s able to lift that much?!” Lenns exclaimed. Even the best cranes in Atlans struggled at 10 tons.

“Impossible! He’s basically lifting the equivalent of two of our tanks!” Akar declared.

As Coporal Ardi set down the block, Coporal Mardo continued. “You can see how useful the Mech-Frame is during construction and demolition purposes, as well as other civilian uses. It can be outfitted with many types of add-on equipment and the frame itself can be modified, depending on the task itself. And yes, before you ask, the Mech-Frame can be used for combat. We call those Battle-Mechs.”

“Can we see these Battle-Mechs?”Lenns inquired with excitement. Akar was also very interested in seeing a Battle-Mech.

Vincent smiled as he motioned for them to follow him to another area. Adri powered down the Mech-Frame and unstrapped himself out of the cockpit before jumping down to join them.

----------

Ten minutes later, the four were in an observation booth that was overlooking a very large expanse of land, just a mile outside of the base. This was one of the standard Battle-Mech training fields, which had various ditches, mounds and obstacles strewn all over the place. As they took their seats, Corporal Ardi took over the explanations.

“Gentlemen, what you are about witness is a standard, Battle-Mech training exercise. We will be observing a platoon of 4 Battle-Mechs as they engage multiple targets. This is to simulate the scenario of being deployed deep inside hostile enemy territory.”

Just as he finished, there was a loud siren being heard, indicating that the exercise was about to begin and that all personnel not involved with the training was to clear the area.

 High above, a large craft flew toward the area. Mounted below its underbelly were four Battle-Mechs. When the signal was given, hidden ports in the ground opened up to reveal anti-aircraft guns, which began firing on the drop ship. The craft released its payload of Battle-Mechs from an altitude of 10 km and turned about to escape the AA fire.

“They’re shooting live ammunition!” Lenns exclaimed.

“It wouldn’t be a proper training session without a little danger.” Ardi stated. “Do not worry. This isn’t a level that the Battle-Mechs cannot handle.”

Each Battle-Mech deployed its g-force nullifier systems to slow their descent, while using the maneuvering thrusters on its body to guide it to the landing zone. When the machines touched down, the observation booth’s viewscreen gave the Atlans officers their first close-up of the standard Star Alliance Battle-Mech.

Each Battle-Mech was humanoid in shape and stood about 18 meters or just under 60 feet tall. They looked like green, futuristic knights and the head units looked like helmets with visors. On their backs looked like a backpack with thrusters. On both forearms were twin beam guns and projectile launchers. In its right hand was the main weapon, which was a huge particle beam rifle. As a backup, they also had mounted on their backpack, a 100mm Machine Gun which can fire at a rate of 450 rounds per minute and could fire a variety of rounds, including Fin-Stabilized Kinetic (FSK) High-Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT) and High-Explosive Squash Head (HESH) rounds. On the left hand was a small shield that also held extra magazines.

Lenns and Akar could only stare in silence and in awe as the giant soldiers began laying waste to the anti-aircraft guns with energy blasts. It was like watching a platoon of soldiers, only on a much bigger scale. As they continued to watch in amazement, Corporal Adri continued with the explanations.

“This is the standard operations Battle-Mech, also known as the Hunter Mark 4. It has great mobility and can be adapted for a multitude of missions. It is primarily armed with the Delta-Star Beam Rifle with an effective range of 5 miles or 8 km. It can fire up to 500 shots before replacing the energy magazine. The shots can punch through the equivalent of 1,200 mm of steel.”

“Twelve… hundred?!” Lenns gasped.

“Well, you can amplify the shots by feeding in more power to destroy harder targets, but that will deplete the overall charge of the magazine faster.”

At that point, small aerial craft appeared to strafe the Hunter-Mechs. However, they retaliated by firing weapons that were mounted in their head units. All attacking aircraft were shot down.

“As you can see, the Hunter-Mech is equipped with twin 65mm Vulcan guns in its head for self-defense and for smaller targets.”

Small, tank-like vehicles then moved out from hidden bunker to attack the Battle-Mechs with their main guns. However, they proved to be no match for the Hunters’ armor-plating.

“Despite being the least-armored of the standard Battle-Mechs, the Hunter can still withstand dozens of hits from projectile weapons up to 100mm without any substantial damage. They also have considerable durability against beam and energy weapons. The shield provides extra defense capability.“

“What kind of metal alloy is that?!” Akar exclaimed.

“It’s called hyper-duralenium, and it’s at least 10 times stronger and lighter than tritanium alloys. In your case, it would be at least 50-60 times stronger than steel. And the answer is no, we can neither show you the method to create it, nor sell it to your nation. Not that you have the means to create it on your own, in any case.”

Damn! Lenns thought as he had been imagining putting that armor on their own tanks and ships. He was further both amazed and depressed that the Battle-Mechs dealt with the practice tanks as if they were minor nuisances. No wonder the Free Land diplomats weren’t very impressed with Atlans’ tanks. The Battle-Mechs were basically walking, unstoppable tanks.

And these metal monsters were about to be unleashed upon the Empire of Sath.

----------

July 25th, 11 AE…

In the War Room of Andromeda Base, General Kurdo and some high-ranking officers looked over a large holo-map of the continent of Merdov and began pointing out key areas of interest.

“According to satellite and drone surveillance, the Empire is building up their forces on their northern coastline.” The Catian general noted. “Most likely they expect us to take the most direct route to their capital city, Garres.”

“A pity we can’t use any orbital bombardment strategies.” Major Varron commented. She was a Kyteeri and a good friend of Admiral Tarheese.

Kurdo shook his head. “No! The Council strictly forbade us of any weapon or tactic of mass destruction. And I kind of agree with them. Orbital bombardments are a messy affair and it’s really hard to keep the collateral damage to a minimum. We don’t have anything personal against the general civilian population of Sath and a lot of those vassal states hate the Empire. It wouldn’t do for us to vaporize potential allies, now would it?”

“So are we just going to go straight in?”

“Don’t see why not. After all, they barely have anything that could even be considered as a light threat to us. I’m thinking for the Yorktown to do some bombing runs to take out their forward positions, cut off their communications, whatever they use for radar, and clear the skies of those wyvern forces. After they’re done, we can establish a beachhead and move on in with our ground forces.”

“Surveillance recordings show that the Empire of Sath has four major bases, which includes one near the north coast, two on the east and west sides of the capital and one located in the southern region of the continent.” Lieutenant Commander Jacob Reiner stated. He was one of Kurdo’s primary officers in terms of intelligence gathering. “There are several dozens of smaller fortresses and outposts all along the periphery of the central region.”

“How would you rate their overall defenses?” Kurdo inquired.

“Practically medieval. One or two Battle-Mechs would be more than sufficient to overcome a fortress with little to no difficulty. I suggest we destroy this large base here, along with the fortresses and outposts closest to it. We have determined that this base is one of their major military manufacturing facilities. Even though they make just swords, shields, flintlocks and cannons, destroying this base and the one located in the south, will greatly decrease if not cripple their ability to wage war.”

“A little convenient for them to have one of their war material plants near where we are going to invade.”

“In their defense, it’s situated on the coast near the Alder continent, where there were no enemy nation existing before we arrived.”

“And the two bases near the capital?”

“They’re mostly used to defend the capital and the surrounding areas around it. They’re also where their best forces are kept in reserve. Overall, most of their military are scattered to maintain control over the many different vassal states they’ve conquered. Preparing for our arrival is already pushing them to their limits.”

“And their remaining fleets?”

“After destroying the Black and Red Dragon Fleets, what they have left isn’t really a threat. Even at full strength, they’re nothing but target practice to us. And like the rest of their forces, they are stretched thin to maintain control over the other countries on the Merdov continent. It really wouldn’t take much for us to push them past their breaking point, thereby allowing the vassal states to start rebelling. We could just destroy the enough of their control over the other nations, and let the Empire self-destruct in the ensuing civil war.”

“That would mean a lot of innocent civilian deaths.” Kurdo pointed out. “I’d much rather prefer that we just take down the Empire’s military capability and oust the current heads of government, such as the emperor and that fool prince. After we defeat them, we will need to replace the emperor and crown prince with someone whom we can trust not to go against us in the future.”

“I think we may have a possible candidate.” Jacob commented. He then opened a small device and projected an image of a person captured by one of the surveillance drones. It depicted a young lady in her late teens, with red hair and wearing fine clothes. “This is Princess Lexina Lorcra, the younger sister to the crown prince. We gathered intelligence on her during her trip to Grevel. The locals describe her as more level-headed than her brother and father. She was especially interested in the food rations that Captain Delan had used to pay for the Missiouri’s docking fee.”

“I see.”

General Kurdo and his staff continued to discuss strategy and the aftermath of the war. They would let the Empire build up their forces for a few more days before crushing them and their hopes. The date of the invasion would be the first of the next month at dawn.

-----------

July 27th, 11 AE…

Despite only recently being stationed at New Pearl Harbor, Admiral Tarhesse received orders to begin preparations for the Yorktown and its defense force to move out. The 472nd Battle-Mech Division would be joining them on a joint airstrike and amphibious operation on the northern coastline of the Merdov coastline.

“So we’ll be invading the Empire of Sath.” Tarhesse remarked as she watched from an observation deck in the main hanger of the carrier. Below, various maintenance crews milled about, preparing the starfighters for battle. Nearby, the fighter pilots of both the Star Hawks and the Byattas were getting their assignments and mission briefings.

The Kyteeri admiral had thought that those under her command would be getting time off after their arrival at New Pearl Harbor. For nearly everyone on the Yorktown and its defense force, this was their first time on the surface of the planet and many had planned to settle here. After years of fighting the Cryterians and wandering through space, Tarhesse had expected the ship to be manned by a skeleton crew, while the majority was off on shore-leave. However, all dreams of vacation time were dashed the moment they received the notice to mobilize. All requests for shore-leave were canceled and those who were on shore-leave were immediately recalled back.

Though the higher-ups considered this war with the Empire of Sath to be an easy one, Tarhesse was still upset that her crews’ were again called into action so soon. It seemed that they were always in combat ever since the Cryterians had destroyed their homeworld. She could only hope that this conflict would be a short one, so that the men and women that were under her command could finally get some proper R & R.

----------

July 28th, 11 AE…

The Empire of Sath had been currently undergoing a massive series of military buildups along its northern regions. This was all in preparation for the invasion of Free Land that was certain to come. After reports of the loss of the Red and Black Dragon Fleets were verified, Emperor Garres wasted no time in ordering all of the northern fortresses and outposts to be fortified. All shipyards were working around the clock to replace the ships that were lost in that disastrous encounter with the Missouri and Yorktown.

Since they had never encountered Free Land’s ground forces, the Sath military was under the assumption that it had the advantage with over a million strong for its infantry. Furthermore, since there was no report of the Star Alliance’s starfighter wings, the Sath military also assumed they had the advantage of an air force with their wyverns.

They were the Empire of Sath. They were the mightiest nation of the Merdov continent and a superpower! The fact that some upstart new country had humiliated one Dragon Fleet and supposedly destroyed two more was due to incompetence on the navy’s part. There was just no way a new country could defeat the naval ships of a superpower! And once they set foot on Empire soil, they would feel the full might of the Sath military. They should have accepted to become a vassal state when they had the chance!

At least, that’s what the emperor and the crown prince believed.

----------

The Royal Palace of Sath, Military Conference Hall…

“It is my opinion that the armies of Free Land shall attempt to make a landing on the northern coastline, near Grevel, if I am not mistaken… which I am not!” Emperor Garres said as he pointed to the location on a large map.

The glare that the emperor gave to his generals immediately killed any attempt for them to disagree.

“If they do make a landing in Grevel… which I’m certain they will,” General Voskera added quickly. “Would it not be prudent to fortify our forces there?”

“Indeed, this is why we will occupy the Kingdom of Vereles as of today. I have already sent a few divisions to put that kingdom under our control. I had not bothered with that pathetic little country until now, since it offered little in terms of resources or tributes. However, they did try to establish relations with Free Land and therefore will be seen as traitors to the Empire. They will be punished appropriately for their actions!“

The generals were in a bit of confusion. How could a kingdom be charged with treason, if it hadn’t been part of the Empire at the time? However, none dared speak out against the emperor, unless they wanted their heads separated from their necks. They also had their own families to consider.

“A brilliant move, Father!” Prince Vexor stated. “We will crush Free Land’s forces before they can even set foot on Empire soil!”

“Have all of our strongest, long-range magic cannons stationed near the coastline! The cliffs that overlook beaches will allow us to see our enemies coming and bombard their ships! Have our best wyvern troops deployed there as well!”

“Begging your pardon sire,” General Minoska asked. “But we cannot spare too many of our best magic cannons and wyvern troops in this one area.”

“Why not?” The emperor growled.

Minoska had to choose his next words carefully. “We do have to keep some of our magic cannons and wyvern troops in reserve. We need those assets to keep the other vassal states in line. If they discover that we have moved them to the northern area, then we will run the risk of those vassal states rebelling. Already there is great discontent among the southern and western states.”

“Bah! Let them grumble! It’s not like they have the strength to rebel against us! The garrisons stationed there can handle them! Have the cannons and wyvern troops moved to the northern coast at once!”

The other officers looked at each other with unease and hesitation. However Prince Vexor then cried out.

“Did you not hear your emperor’s orders?! You will either move those forces to the coast or I will have your heads moved from their places atop your shoulders!”

The generals and their staff had no choice but to obey. After the loss of two Dragon Fleets, the military was a bit wary against an enemy they knew little about. The only thing they did know was that the enemy came from the Alder continent, and they had the power to wipe out two powerful fleets. There were rumors that the Free Landers came from the stars, but no one believed that nonsense.

----------

August 1st, 11 AE…

As the first rays of the morning sun peeked over the horizon, General Kurdo nodded to his aide who walked up and gave him a cup of coffee. He was currently standing on the observation deck of New Pearl Harbor’s main headquarters. After taking a sip of coffee, he turned to his aide and said the following.

“And now, it begins.”

The operation to invade and destroy the Empire of Sath had begun.

 

To be continued…

 

18