Chapter 26
568 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Star People

Chapter 26

Preparations

Jan 16th, 13 AE…

Polaris City…

Even though the Star Alliance by itself could have easily set out and invade the Zedan continent on a moment’s notice; the fact that their allies, the Kingdoms of Naran and Atlans wanted to take part, slowed things down considerably. After much debate, it was decided that both kingdoms would be allowed to take part in the invasion of the Zedan Empire. Although they really didn’t need the aid of the other nations, the Council of Prime Directors thought that this was a good chance to enhance diplomatic relations. The Empire of Sath had also requested to be part of the invasion, but they were turned down as they didn’t have enough military forces to contribute to the coalition.

Transporting the bulk of military forces of 3 nations would be an enormous logistical challenge by itself. Since both Naran and Atlans had no capability to bring men and material on a scale large enough to sustain a continental invasion, most of the heavy lifting would have to be done by Free Land. As such, the Council and the top brass decided to call down two of their Victory-class mega-transport ships.

The Victory-class ships had been the vital convoy and supply lines of the Star Alliance during the war with the Cryterians. In addition to having huge cargo holds, each vessel was equipped with an array of material gathering, refining and manufacturing facilities. Food, medicine, ammunition, ordinance, spare parts or any other type of supplies could be made and stored for decades within these ships. A single Victory ship could sustain the population of a large city almost indefinitely.

For the invasion of the Zedan continent, Free Land had brought down the Steel Will and the Steel Heart. Each Victory ship was about twice the size of a Supernova-class battleship and had the thickest armor plating. They didn’t carry heavy pulsar gun turrets, but they weren’t meant to be at the front lines. They were armed with triple the amount of point-defense weapons. Furthermore, their defense barrier ratings were among the highest in the fleet.

The Steel Will was assigned to the Kingdom of Atlans, while the Steel Heart would take care of all the needs of Naran. When the visiting officers of both kingdoms came to Free Land to discuss invasion plans with the Star Alliance, they were in a state of awe when both Victory-class ships docked at New Pearl Harbor. To them, it looked as if two flying cities had just landed in front of them!

----------

 Zedan continent…

As Free Land and its allies were gearing up to invade, what was left of the Zedan military was preparing the defenses. The Zedan Emperor was now residing in the most heavily-fortified, underground bunker in the capital city. The remainder of what was left of the Zedan Navy was strategically positioned around the continent. Once it was known which direction the enemy would come from, they could immediately move their ships to counter the assault. The coastal defenses were beefed up with more naval guns and artillery units, as well as mines and other anti-ship measures. Submarines were constantly patrolling Zedan waters. All land bases were on full alert with every aircraft prepped and ready to turn back any enemy bomber and fighters that entered Zedan airspace. And the factories were working 24 hours a day, churning out ammunition, ordinance, new planes, tanks and other war material.

However, the greatest amount of effort was put into mass-producing the Ender Bomb. And to destroy that attempt was the main mission of the Free Land spies.

----------

In a certain hotel room in the Zedan capital…

“So this is what our surveillance drones have gotten.” Hans remarked as he made a holographic map of the military base appear before his fellow operatives. He pointed to a certain building near the center. “According to what our sensors are telling us, their main manufacturing and stockpiling of Uranium 235 is located in this area.”

“What evidence do we have that their main source of U-235 is there?” Pierre asked.

“There’s a large amount of lead shielding in that location.” Mario replied. “And there’s also a concentrated amount of heavy water detected there as well. It’s a pretty safe bet that a good portion of their atomic research is going on in that facility.”

“I noticed that many of the personnel are wearing what appear to be radiation detection badges.” Jack stated. “Even if it’s not their main stockpile of Uranium 235, it’s still a big part of their nuclear capability.”

“Too bad we can’t just vaporize the whole base.” Mario commented.

“If we had the Missouri’s Neo-Proton Wave Gun, then we could do that.” Hans said with a smirk. “But we don’t have it, so we’re going to need to think of an alternative way. Besides, I would prefer that we don’t use a method that could potentially contaminate the entire continent. We may be at war with the Zedans, but the innocent civilians don’t deserve a slow and painful death by radiation poisoning.”

“So if we can’t blow up the base, what other options do we have?” Pierre asked.

The four were silent for several minutes, before Jack came up with an idea. “If can’t destroy the U-235, why don’t we just render it useless to the Zedans?”

“How?” Hans asked.

“Normally, Uranium 235 takes over 700 million years for it to decay on its own. However, we do have access to Triderium Isotope 7, right?”

The other spies began to catch onto Jack’s idea. Triderium was an element that was synthesized in the late 21st century on Earth. One of its isotopes, Isotope 7, had the ability to accelerate the decay of radioactive elements. Instead of taking eons for nuclear waste to be rendered inert, it would only take days. However, ever since mankind switched over to fusion technology and meson/anti-meson reactors, the need for disposing of fissionable material dropped. The ability to create Triderium Isotope 7 was still available in Free Land.

“I think it’s possible for the labs back in Free Land to make some Triderium Isotope 7 and send it to us.” Pierre remarked.

“Right, and once we get it, we can slip back into the base, contaminate their stockpiles with the isotope, and let it neutralize all of their U-235, all under their noses.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Hans agreed as he turned to Mario. “Get on the horn with HQ and let them know about our idea and we need a secret drop of Triderium Isotope 7.”

----------

The Council of Prime Directors…

“So Agent Kihoffer and the others are planning to neutralize Zedan’s U-235 stockpile.” Director Rodera commented as he and the other Directors were informed of their spies’ request for Triderium Isotope 7.

“Sounds like a good strategy.” Director Anida agreed. “If they can get rid of all of Zedan’s radioactive material, then not only will Zedan not have any atomic weapons to use against us, but we’ll also be able to avoid environmental contamination.”

“And there’s the added bonus of not exposing the locals to the existence of nuclear technology. They’re not ready for that.” Nasaak added.

“So we’re to give Kihoffer and the others some time for their operation to succeed before we begin the invasion of the Zedan continent?” Nerto inquired.

“That’s a bit risky.” Viska pointed out. “Giving Kihoffer’s team more time also gives the Zedan forces more time to strengthen themselves and create more atomic weapons.”

“It’s a calculated risk.” Ben stated. “In the meantime, we’ll continue aiding our allies in their preparations for the invasion.”

----------

Jan 17th, 13 AE…

“We can’t use the Scrappers?” Lenns asked.

Commander Jerry Vandelin shook his head. “I’m afraid not. The top brass feel that allowing Atlans to use the Scrappers in the invasion constitutes a security risk if one of the Battle-Mechs fell into Zedan hands. Even though each Mech has a self-destruct device to prevent its capture, there’s still a chance the enemy might be able to get a hold of one. Not all the remains of my old mech have been accounted for.”

“You let us use the Scrappers against the Mechnoids.”

“That scenario was against an enemy that was virtually mindless, with very little chance of military secrets being leaked. It was just bad luck that someone took advantage of our battle with the Planet Ravager to steal parts of my Star Gladiator. I’m sorry, but all Scrappers that will take part in the invasion will be piloted by Free Land personnel.”

----------

 Jan 18th, 13 AE…

“So this is it?” Pierre asked as Hans opened up the case that had secretly been sent to them. Inside the case were 10 vials of greenish, glowing liquid.

Jack took out a portable scanner and waved it over the case’s contents. He nodded as he looked at the readout. “Yep, that’s Triderium Isotope 7 all right. Pretty concentrated as well. According to the scanner, we’ve got enough here to neutralize 1,000 atomic bombs of the 20 kiloton range.”

“According to the instructions, we only need to dispense a few drops of this concentrated isotope onto a bomb’s critical mass and wait a few days for the reaction to complete itself.” Mario stated after scanning through the instruction manual.

“Well that’s going to be tricky since we have to administer it to the critical mass itself.” Hans remarked. “That would mean exposing ourselves to that radioactive material.”

“We do have energy dampening field projectors, so it should be fine.” Jack stated.

“First of all, we need to locate their U-235 stockpile.” Pierra said. “We take it out first, and then deal with the bombs that they have already completed.”

----------

Jan 19th, 13 AE…

The Council of Prime Directors…

“The Kingdom of Naran stated that in addition to the carriers, fighters, bombers and battleships, they will also be sending one of their Deriatons as part of their main assault force.” Nerto stated as he read the latest report on the allied buildup.

“What the heck is a Deriaton?” Nasaak asked.

“I am not very certain and Naran’s explanation was quite vague.” The Velor Director replied. “They described it as the pinnacle of their magic technology, and it took them a century to build one. In their language, the term Deriaton means ‘world breaker.’ Apparently, they have three of these… Deriatons.”

“I think we have the answer here.” Anida pointed out as she gestured to the main holo-viewer. “The satellite surveillance system just picked up a very large object leaving the continent of Vados.”

The other Prime Directors looked toward the center of their conference table and their eyes widened at what was being displayed.

“You have got to be kidding me! They have three of those?” Ben exclaimed.

“I must admit, I am impressed! I didn’t think they had the capability to create one of those.” Nasaak commented.

“So what would be your estimate of its capabilities?” Viska asked.

“I can’t give a good estimate until I see it in action, but judging by the readouts on its power emanations, I’d say that it might give one of our light cruisers a run for its money.” Nerto said.

“Still, the fact that they have even one of these things, let alone three, does put them in a new perspective, doesn’t it?” Anida said.

The five Prime Directors continued to watch the main holo-viewer as the Kingdom of Naran’s ultimate weapon continued to make its way toward the Alder continent. At its current speed, it would reach the southern coastline within a day.

----------

Jan 20th, 13 AE…

New Pearl Harbor, the bridge of the Iowa…

“The overall buildup of allied forces for the Zedan invasion is nearly complete, General Kurdo.” A Catian aide announced as he handed a datapad to the old war veteran.

“Very good.” Kurdo said as he scanned over the contents of the datapad, and then signed it with his thumbprint. As the aide left the bridge, Kurdo’s friend and colleague entered.

“Admiral on the bridge!” The navigator announced.

“As you were.” Admiral Kajor stated as he walked up to Kurdo. Both officers saluted each other before turning to the main holo-viewer.

“What is the status of the operation to neutralize Zedan’s nuclear capability?” The Velor admiral asked.

“The spies have just started infiltrating Zedan’s atomic research facilities.” Kurdo replied. “If all goes according to plan, then that nation’s nuclear arsenal will cease to exist within a few days or so.”

“That sounds promising. And it’s good that they might be able to accomplish their mission quickly. The Atlans and Naran forces are getting impatient and wish to begin the invasion soon.”

“I can understand their enthusiasm and willingness to meet the enemy, but we can’t just rush toward an enemy with the capability of mass destruction.”

“It’s more along the lines that they want to prove themselves. I hear that Naran is sending one of their strongest weapons… something called the Deriaton, I believe.”

“Admiral Kajor! General Kurdo!” The communications officer called out.

“What is it?” Kajor asked.

The Kyteeri officer on duty nodded as she replied. “There is a very large, foreign vessel approaching New Pearl Harbor. I’m also receiving a hail on the Naran command frequency. Apparently, the ship belongs to the Kingdom of Naran. I have Captain Fila Retora waiting on the line.”

“Patch them through.”

“Aye Sir!”

The main holo-viewer changed from its usual tactical configuration to display the image of an attractive, dark elf woman with red hair. She was in uniform and sharply saluted the admiral and general. The Catian and Velor returned the salute.

“Greetings. I am General Kurdo, Supreme Commander of all Free Land Forces.”

“And I am Admiral Kajor of the Seventh Star Alliance Battle Fleet.”

The dark elf nodded as she returned the greeting. “It is a pleasure to meet with you. I am Captain Fila Retora of the Naran vessel Deriaton One.”

Deriaton One?” Kajor inquired.

“One of the most powerful ships in our nation. I will be within visual range of New Pearl Harbor in about 5 seconds.”

Almost on cue, the navigator alerted everyone on the bridge that a large vessel had just appeared over the horizon. And it wasn’t coming in by water but through the air.

----------

Everyone at New Pearl Harbor looked up toward the skies as Deriaton One came into view. Since most were used to seeing large ships fly in and out of the port, the size of the Naran ship wasn’t that impressive. It was just a little larger than a Vanguard-class destroyer. However, what truly got everyone’s attention was the fact that the entire ship seemed to be made of blue-white crystal. For some observers, it reminded them of the Planet Ravager, causing cold shivers down their spines. When the shape came close to the docking port, it stopped and hovered, allowing everyone to have a good look at the pride of Naran.

The overall shape of the ship was like a long, narrow wedge, with winglike projections on both sides. Its main thrusters in the rear propelled it forward. There was a short, superstructure mounted on top towards the back. On the end of each winglet was a nacelle. At the bow of the ship was a structure that resembled the barrel of the Missouri’s Neo-Proton Wave Gun. The ship also possessed two turrets with tuning-fork tines sticking out of them instead of gun barrels.

On the bridge of Deriaton One, Captain Retora stood with pride. She could only imagine the looks of shock and awe of those who beheld the pinnacle of Naran magic-technology. There was nothing on Istaria that could even come close to it in terms of power and ability.

“Captain! The Missouri has arrived!”

-----------

On the main observation deck of the star battleship, Mark and Reelan watched as the Missouri pulled up to hover next to Deriaton One. He and his crew were just returning from a minor mission to Grevel. As soon as they heard that the Kingdom of Naran had sent its greatest weapon to take part in the Zedan invasion, they decided to return to base in order to see it for themselves.

“I’ll admit, the Deriaton is impressive.” Reelan stated.

“Can you sense the psion power?” Delan asked his spouse.

The Kyteeri First Officer nodded. “The amount of psion-based energy is quite staggering, even at this distance.”

“So in comparison to the Missouri, how do you think it stacks up?”

“It’s still no contest in terms of power and performance. The Missouri wins hands down. However, I’d say that ship would give the Zedan forces quite a bit of trouble.”

“We’ll just have to see how it performs during the invasion.”

As they continued to gaze upon Deriaton One, they both noticed a figure standing from a doorway next to the bridge. The person in question saw the two of them standing from the observation deck.

Mark and Reelan recognized the figure from her uniform as the captain of the Naran vessel and gave her a salute. She in turn recognized them as the Captain and Second-In-Command and saluted them back.

----------

The moment she had been informed of the Missouri’s arrival, Captain Retora had to see the famed Free Land vessel with her own eyes. And when she stepped outside of the bridge and saw the star battleship, she was at a complete loss for words. Not only did the Missouri make Deriaton One look small in comparison, but its sheer presence was overwhelming. This was the ship that could destroy a mountain range with a single barrage of its pulsar guns. The Deriaton One’s captain felt a lot of pressure to prove that her vessel was superior to the Missouri or at the very least, its equal.

At that moment, she sighted two figures standing near a large observation window on the Missouri. She correctly guessed by their uniforms that they were the Captain and First Officer. As they saluted her, she saluted them back.

----------

Jan 20th, 13 AE…

Zedan continent, 10:30 pm…

At the military facility known as Building 42 of the New Technologies & Development Department, Hans snuck in with his colleague Pierre. Both were in their stealth gear. They easily bypassed the security systems and guards and made their way toward the stockpile of U-235 that was stored within the facility. It had taken them a full day to locate the stockpile of radioactive material, and now they were in the process of sabotaging it.

Both men carried two vials of Triderium Isotope 7. Once they came across the stockpile of U-235, they would dump the contents of the vials into the storage chamber and let the isotope cause the radioactive substance to decay at an accelerated rate. In a few days, the U-235 would be completely transmuted into lead and worthless. As for the bombs that had already been created, Jack and Mario would take care of that deadly arsenal in a separate facility.

As they approached the main vault where the U-235 was kept, they noticed the guards at the entranceway. There seemed to be only one doorway and even though they were cloaked, getting past the guards unnoticed would be near-impossible. And there were the surveillance cameras to worry about. So both spies would need to rely on some Free Land high-tech.

First, Hans took out a small device and pressed up against the wall. The object was no bigger than a quarter, but it immediately used an invisible electron beam to transmit an image of the guards at their post on a continuous loop. The only thing the staff on the main surveillance center would see is a normal scene of the guards standing in front of the entrance. Therefore, they would not see the guards being incapacitated as the spies tossed out a grenade filled with knockout gas.

The two sentries chocked and gasped for a few seconds, before dropping to the floor and becoming unconscious. Their weapons made dull noises as they hit the floor. In addition to putting the guards to sleep, the gas had the added effect of short-term memory loss. When they regained consciousness, the two Zedans wouldn’t even remember being gassed. A minute later, the spies dropped their cloaking field and approached the entrance to the vault. Both were wearing facemasks, so they were unaffected by the gas fumes that still lingered about.

Pierre took out a small, penlike device and pressed it up against the heavy-duty combination lock. With his free hand, he began turning the dials. Every time he hit the correct number, the pen would light up. After a minute or so, he had the correct combination and the pen blinked twice. At that point, he noticed the keyhole and reasoned that in addition to having the right combination to the lock; one must also need the correct key.

Fortunately, he had the ultimate lock-picking device as he pointed it at the keyhole. A small, red beam shot into the keyhole and with a simple turn of the handle, the heavy steel door creaked open. Both men then made their way down a winding hall until they came into a large room. At the center were several large, lead-lined containers.

Bingo.

----------

One hour later…

The guards awoke to find themselves on the floor. Looking around, they noted that the door was still tightly locked. Realizing that they had fallen asleep on duty, they quickly got up and resumed their post. They didn’t even notice the tiny device that was still stuck to the wall. A minute later, the device disintegrated into nothingness, allowing the surveillance system to show the real scene at the vault; which was exactly the same as an hour ago.

On top of the roof of the building, Hans and Pierre waited for their comrades to complete their task. Half an hour later, Mario and Jack met up with the pair, giving them a thumbs-up. With their missions successful, the quartet headed back to the hotel to spend their last night in Zedan. By tomorrow, they would make their way to the extraction point in order to be picked up by stealth shuttle.

In just one night, four men had disabled the nuclear arsenal of the Zedan military.

----------

Jan 21st, 13 AE…

The Council of Prime Directors…

“Now then, Agent Kirhoffer, can you and your men give us the general overview of your mission in Zedan territory and the results?” Prime Director Benjamin asked as the debriefing commenced.

“Yes Sir!” Hans said as he stepped forward and stood in front of the Council. He and his colleagues began reporting their observations of the Zedan civilization and how similar it was to a European nation during the 1940s on Earth. They gave estimates on how high the Zedan overall technology levels were and the probable size of their remaining military forces.

Most importantly, they assured the Prime Directors that the Zedan atomic bombs and other nuclear weapons had been disabled.

“And you are certain that the Zedan will not be able to use the atomic weapons they have already constructed, nor can they create any more?” Nasaak asked.

“Yes, Sir.” Jack replied. “Agent Cordon and I found their arsenal of atomic bombs and ‘pocket nukes’ and neutralized their critical masses. We made certain that the isotope was accelerating the decay process before we left.”

“We also sabotaged their equipment and supply of heavy water.” Mario added. “If they try to create more U-235, they will fail,”

“Same thing goes for their stockpile of U-235. In a few days, just about all of it will be transmuted into lead.” Pierre stated.

An expression of relief appeared on the faces of the Prime Directors. That was one problem they didn’t have to worry about any more. With the nuclear threat effectively taken out of the picture, the Star Alliance and its allies could now move forward with their invasion plans of the Zedan continent.

----------

Jan 22nd, 13 AE…

In order to give the isotope enough time to neutralize all the U-235, the Council decided to delay the start of the invasion by one week. Though both Atlans and Naran greatly protested the postponement, the Council easily appeased them by promising them new technology in terms of aircraft and ships, both military and civilian.

For the Kingdom of Atlans, Free Land would let them have the blueprints for their first jet fighter. Though obsolete by their standards, the Star Alliance believed that the F-86 Sabre was within the means of the mechanical nation. They had already mastered the Mustang and had just begun developing higher-grades of aviation fuel, and stronger, lighter alloys. Furthermore, the technology would lend itself to the civilian market as they were also given the plans to the de Havilland Comet, one of the first purpose-built jetliners. Of course, Atlans was also promised infrastructure improvements for air bases and airports to handle the newer, more powerful jet aircraft. And finally, they would be introduced to the concept of rotorcraft as they were going to be supplied the means to build a helicopter.

For the Kingdom of Naran, they would get their first submarine, modeled after the U-Boat and hydrofoil technology. They would also be given plans for early ocean liners, tankers and other cargo vessels in order to increase their exports and stimulate their economy. Improved ports and sonar technology would also be made available. The Council was well aware of the economic disparity between Naran and Free Land. The new aquatic technology was seen as a kind of peace offering to smooth over the growing animosity Naran had against the Star Alliance, for their unintentional import/export monopoly. Furthermore, they would also be given plans to their own helicopter.

It was of very little consequence towards the Star Alliance to allow their allies to achieve technology levels similar to the 1950s to 1960s. At this point in time, Free Land was on the verge of unlocking dimensional-shifting and large-scale transmutation, as well as practical nanotechnology. The gap between Free Land and the other nations of Istaria would grow even wider.

----------

Polaris City, a high-class hotel…

“This is it! Our first jet fighter!” Lenns exclaimed as he and Akar looked over the plans to the F-86 Sabre.

“What did they call this propulsion device again?” Akar asked.

“They called it a turbojet. It’s very similar to what they had given to Naran. It’s basically an air-breathing engine that sucks in air and forces it through this turbine device. Once it is compressed by the blades, it is then ignited by the fuel in the combustion chamber and the resulting thrust is forced through the turbine and out the nozzle. We’re looking at speeds close to that of sound!”

“I can see that the swept wings create less drag. And what are these plans?”

“They call this a G-Force suit. Hmmm… oh wait, I get it!”

“What?”

“Remember those reports about pilots nearly blacking out due to high-speed turns and dives? Our scientists believe that blood pools in the extremities during those instances, thereby causing less blood and less oxygen to reach the brain. This suit counters the effect by squeezing the arms and legs, and therefore forcing more blood into the torso and brain.”

“So pilots would be able to withstand higher G-Forces and maintain control longer.”

“And look at this gunsight! It seems to be a radar-ranging gunsight!”

“We haven’t been able to figure out how to put radar on our fighters yet!”

“Now we have the answer! It may not be able to give our jets long-range radar capability, but it can certainly improve on the accuracy of the guns! And look at this thing they call a helicopter! It’s able to hover, move side to side and even fly backwards! Incredible!”

“Talk about a serious upgrade to our Army Air Corps!” Akar then pointed to another set of blueprints. “And these jetliner plans! Is that a pressurized cabin? I never would have thought it to be possible!”

“With these advancements, our aircraft industry will skyrocket! Not only military but also for civilian transport!”

“You have to wonder though…”

“What?”

“Why Free Land decided to give us these advancements now? I mean, we’ve been asking them for a jet fighter for a while.”

“As I recall, Free Land felt that we didn’t have the resources or technical knowledge to build and maintain a force of jet fighters yet. I guess they feel we’re ready now.”

“I suppose…”

“Hey, I’m not one who looks a gift horse in the mouth. Make certain that these plans are sealed and sent back to Bisra as soon as possible. Once the war with Zedan is over, we need to start working on our first prototypes right away!”

“Right.”

----------

Jan 23rd, 13 AE…

“So am I to assume that our allies are pleased with the technology advancements we had given to them?” Nasaak asked as he and his fellow Prime Directors were going over the final plans for the Zedan invasion.

“Well, it’s safe to say that the people from Atlans were ecstatic over the new aviation plans.” Anida replied. “As for Naran, even though they won’t admit it openly, the new seafaring technology will be quite the boon to their economy, especially in terms of international trade.”

“In any case, they’re no longer griping over the fact that we’ve pushed back the invasion date a week.” Nerto remarked before turning his attention back to the tactical holo-display. “So how is the general invasion going to play out?”

Viska used a pointer to show certain areas. “It goes without saying that Free Land will be doing most of the heavy lifting. This will be a three-pronged attack. The western landing area that is codenamed Omaha will be assaulted entirely by Star Alliance forces.”

“Omaha, eh? That sounds pretty ironic.” Ben commented as he remembered his World War 2 history during the event known as D-Day.

“Unlike Operation Overlord, we have the advantage of knowing the terrain, weather and possessing far superior technology. In any case, at the same time that we are attacking, the Atlans and Naran forces will make their landings at Juno and Sword respectively. Of course, they will have the benefit of the Lexington sending out its Star Hawks and Byattas to neutralize all naval and coastal defenses, as well as the 122nd Battle-Mech division to support their ground troops.”

 “And what about Naran’s ‘ultimate weapon,’ the Deriaton One?” The Catian asked.

“The Naran top officers were adamant that they participate in the coastal bombardment.” Ben said with a shrug. “I guess they want to demonstrate their ship’s power. In any case, we’ve set the date of the invasion for Jan 31st, 13 AE at 0530 hours. We’ll be calling it Operation Star Point.”

To be continued…

Author’s Notes

Sorry about the delay, but a family matter came up that couldn’t be avoided. I thought I’d be gone for a month, but it looks like it was wrapped up sooner than I thought. In any case, the invasion of Zedan is now set to go. As for Deriaton One, think of it like the Imperial Star Destroyer of Star Wars.

6