Chapter 07
63 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emiru scanned the shape of the blade.

‘It seemed to be better at first glance, but I felt like there was something lacking…’

‘Also, didn’t the quest said it’s unfished?’

‘Maybe I should just attach the ‘Hilt’ to the blade’

Hilt — Pommel, Grip/Handle, Guar/ Cross. Parts of a sword.

Emiru decided after carefully observing the blade. He thought that Hilt is the only one lacking the blade.

Emiru turned his gaze towards Hoire after a short brief.

“Hoire was it….?”

“?”

“Where’s the Hilt for this one?”

“Hilt? Why though….?”

Hoire tilted his head with question marks.

Emiru eyes turned rage, as the chain of events didn’t gone through his expectation.

“Isn’t that obvious! To finish the sword!”

“H-Hiek….!”

Hoire was scared of Emiru cause he thought he’s a psychopath, that’s why he swore to never anger him in order to stay alive. Hoire went into panicked, and started bowing his head in apology.

“S-Sorry! I’ll bring it right away!”

Hoire ran as fast as he can and grabbed the hilt for the sword he’s making. He had no second thought of what Emiru’s trying to do with the hilt. All in his mind right now is just to stay alive.

“H-here!”

He gave the hilt to Emiru, just as what Emiru wanted. Thereafter, distanced himself from Emiru out of instinct.

Emiru thought it weird for a moment, as he doubt what he’s seeing.

‘Why is he distancing himself from me. Maybe he wanted to watch me from every angle to see if I’m capable of such a thing?’

Emiru shook his head as he cleared his mind.

‘Anyway, his attitude suddenly became quite modest. Maybe he’s just giving me trials to see if I’m worthy of this quest?’

Grin.

An evil smile formed into his face, making him somewhat looked like an antagonist in some novel, manhwa.

“Kukukuk!”

Emiru covered his mouth, as an ironical laugh was about to burst out.

Emiru gripped his hand unto the hammer in shiver, as he thought of himself lucky, And compliment the old man Hoire into his mind.

‘Even though you’re a weird old man. I’m really thankful that I met you.’

‘Perhaps he’ll give me the Muramasa sword once I’ve finished it.’

“HAHAHAHAT!”

Even so. The evil laughed still burst out, as his head started to become greedy.

Hoire shivered as sweat poured down on every part of his body.

Gulped…

He made a displeasing looked, as he swallowed down his saliva nervously.

*****

‘Hmmmmm, was this really the right thing?’

Emiru couldn’t decide whether he should attach the hilt or not. He felt like there’s more to it, so he’s quite hesitant.

But…

… He’s quite embarrassed to ask Hoire.

‘I don’t want to fail his expectation, so I better do it on my own.’

Emiru strengthened his resolve, as he grabbed a hold onto the gripping iron, and scanned the blade once again.

He looked at every corner of the unfished blade, but couldn’t find what he wanted. Well, in the first place, he isn’t a blacksmith nor an apprentice of a blacksmith so that’s expected. But, he didn’t want to give up the quest given just for some petty excuse. ‘Much better to do it than give it to other’s’, he thought.

Emiru moved his hand while holding the hilt, and tried attaching it together with the blade. But…

… Hoire stopped him.

No, he couldn’t tolerate it any longer so he decided to stop him.

At first, he lost thought of why Emiru’s asking for the hilt. But, as a pride of blacksmith. As soon as he regained his spirit. His body moved in it’s own despite it’s fear of death.

“That’s wrong.”

“Huh….?”

Emiru couldn’t understand what Hoire is trying to tell him. No, to be precise, He had no idea.

Hoire saw it in Emiru’s eyes, and straight his mistakes.

“You’ve gotta sharpen the edge first, and balance the size, shape of the blade.”

3