Chapter 04
69 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emiru couldn’t believe himself that he lost to a boar. Well, that’s to be expected. Since he’s a novice, he just went into a battle ground without knowing the level gap of his enemy. Emiru was level 1 with an equipment of a beginner and a great sword, so it isn’t weird for him to lose to a level 8 wild boar.

‘Status!’

Since logging in, inside the game. He hasn’t even taken a peek to his status information. All he knows is that one can become anything they wanted inside the game. Not that he had no knowledge when it comes to status information, it just, he thought it’s a bother to even read it out of laziness.

Shrung!

After he cried out through his thought. A light screen appeared before his eyes. They were information of his status window.

[Name: Emiru

Level: 1

Health: 2,500   Mana: 300

Strength: 6   Agility: 4   Stamina: 6

Intelligence: 5   Defense: 4

Experience Points: 0

Personal trait: Misfortune.]

“Oh, f#ck!”

Emiru face distorted after seeing the ‘misfortune’ stat, that he couldn’t stop himself from cursing.

Clicked…

Emiru clicked his tongue as he tried to calm his mind.

“What the hell is this personal stat?! Something that were randomly chosen!? Even at the game my bad luck followed me!”

“My stat were normal is all. But that freaking personal stat is the worst!”

“Forget being an adventurer! In luck, I might even encounter a boss at a place which usually has no monsters!”

Emiru let out a long sighed and took a peek at his inventory by calling it out.

Four detailed item’s were shown, Emiru tapped it one by one to check it’s description.

[Novice T-Shirt]

[An item given to beginners.

Item rating: Normal

Restriction: None

Durability: 35/35

Defense: 4]

[Novice Pants]

[An item given to beginners.

Item rating: Normal

Restriction: None

Durability: 14/14

Agility: 1    Defense: 3]

[Novice Boots]

[An item given to beginners.

Item rating: Normal

Restriction: None

Durability: 14/14

Agility: 3]

[Novice Great Sword]

[An item given to beginners.

Item rating: Normal

Restriction: None

Durability: 35/35

Attack power: 11~13   Attack speed: 4]

[Additional stat — Chance to deal critical: 0.6]

“Heok…!”

Even though the item’s were for beginners. The details of items were sick, he thought.

‘An item that gives critical rate! I thought normal item’s were the only one given a critical rate stat. Crazy! Were they all had this? Then confronting a monster ain’t a problem anymore.’

Truly novice thinking. He has yet to experience the item’s on the game, yet he’s already this surprised just from seeing the details of beginner item’s. 

Just how narrowed minded is he. Emiru didn’t even thought about the wild boar who just beaten his ass a minutes ago, cause of his narrowed minded thinking.

No, to be precise. He already completely forgotten.

Perhaps he became a muscle headed after doing labor works in the past few years, that explained everything. If not, then what else it could be.

*****

Rankers.

Rankers were a tough position. You have to be eager on leveling up without rest if you don’t want be dropped from your ranking set on the ‘Rankers List’.

The highest ranking were the highest leveled current player in a game, so that position was the source of envy of all rankers and non-rankers.

Yna was one of them. She was one of the peak rankers in the ranker list, ranked over 14th out of 100,000 thousand players existed in the game.

‘VRMMORPG SHACKLE’ has a 2.5 billion players all over the world yet only 100,000 were chosen to be at the ranker list. That proven their worth and skills.

So for those unranked players, rankers over 20 and above were the peak of all players, cause it’s sickening just thinking how strong they are.

Currently, one of the peak rankers left Marimiya Town. She was Yna, ranked 14th at the ranker list.

She received a hidden quest after visiting a pub to stay at night, from a bartender. It was to infiltrate Crowl Kingdom and silence the Devil follower inside the capital.

[Eliminate the corrupted Devil Followers.]

[One of the royal family has disguised himself as a bartender (Prince Koi) in Marimiya town after escape.

He had taken a glimpse on the evil side of the Devil follower whose possesing his brother’s soul.

Eliminate Prince Ryan, and the other princes, and bring peace to the Kingdom.]

[Quest Condition: Chosen by Prince Koi

Quest Reward: Affinity with Prince Koi will go up to 50, and the Prince would be able to go back to his Kingdom. Possibility of being rewarded after bringing him back ‘quest’ has a low probability of being open.

Quest Failure: Death of Prince Koi, Level -2]

[Quest Rating: Impossible.]

Yna was aware that the probability of failing is high. But, she knew as well that the rarity of acquiring a ‘hidden quest’ was more higher, that even the ranked one had only been able to receive 2~3 at present. So she couldn’t help being blinded by greed.

To pronounce it out. The higher risk, the higher the return. Something like that.

Thrukthrukthruk!

Yna walked around in robe, hiding in the shadows. Trying to find a gap, or hole, to get inside the capital.

Her mission was to, exterminate the royal family who workship the Demons.

As she continued to looked for a gap. One thing bothered her the most.

‘This mission was more suitable for an assassin. So why it was given to me?’

Gulp…

Yna swallowed down her saliva, as her sweat flowed down on her white face, but still has a calm figure.

She couldn’t help doubting the words of Prince Koi, still. She didn’t want to miss this opportunity on experiencing a hidden quest so she didn’t falter down, instead continued to carry on the mission.

4