MoC 1
2.5k 26 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1

A great war happened around decades ago, affecting the whole west continent, and was called the Auburn Continental War. Small and big wars happened in every kingdom, even reaching some parts of the Eastern continent. Many families lost their loved ones, millions of soldiers died. Innocent lives become the fuel to flamed hatred which caused the war to extend. 

It took 8 years for the war to stop. Every kingdom made a decision to create a treaty in order to stop and prevent an upcoming genocide/war.

The treaty was called the 'Vrede Acquiescent'. It was a law abided by every kingdom.

……………

1798 Winsatl solar calendar, second month of Spring. 27 years had already passed since the continental war.

It's now reaching its peaceful and economic rise. There's still war happening all over the western continent but it was way smaller in scale than the continental war. There were kingdoms starting a war for resources and border expansion. They couldn't prevent war, but they could minimize it.

In this land, there was a large country that covered a quarter of the continent. The Cransia Empire was the largest country on the continent. The empire also had the strongest military power. 

When the continental war ended, the Empire was declared as the winner because it conquered more than a dozen of kingdoms. Cransia currently occupied many cities and ports. Till now, the Empire was still prospering.

"Yeah, right, Cransia is the best~"

Derik who's currently inside the body of Christopher Mellwood was having a deep thought while walking in the street. He wanted to see the territory cause his Mother keeps nagging him.

"Sigh… Christopher, you're a big idiot. Though it's my fault for creating you. I'm sorry for being a bastard Father(author). If I know that I'll be reincarnated in my own novel and use your body, I should've given you a proper character… sigh"

Christopher Mellwood was one of the character mobs in his novel, and as a mob, Christopher Mellwood would die early. He will die at the hands of the MC's friend. Yup, not by the protagonist, but by his friend.

"1798 huh, tch. One month from now I'll make a ruckus and assault a woman. The protagonist's friend, Pablo, will see me harassing a woman, and yeah… I died"

Derik was actually afraid, but he used his logic and reasoning to find a solution. The answer was simple, just don't harass the woman!

"Good, the problem is already solved. I just hope that nothing bad will happen."

While walking, he realized that his feet stumbled in front of a tavern. It's one of his favorite places when he's still a bastard, and currently, he's still one. 

"Perhaps my body moves on its own, damn his body still remember this place… Well, ehem, how about I go inside. I'm curious about their liquor"

Just like Christopher, Derik was a drunkard too. Perhaps it's the reason why Derik reincarnated in Christopher's body. 

"Oh, Christopher! You've come, I thought you'll never be back hahaha"

An old man with a large stature saw Christopher entering his tavern. He's a frequent customer and he always visits every day. That's why he felt odd when Christopher didn't visit for five days.

"Shut up old man. Just give me the usual, okay."

"Hahaha okay!"

' I'm glad I inherited the original's memories. If not, I don't know what I will do. Perhaps I'll use an excuse of amnesia?'

His first night in this world gave him a huge headache. Countless memories appeared in his mind that caused him to cry in pain. The maids heard him screaming when they open the door, they saw that Christopher was holding his head while lying on the bed.

The Count and the Countess received a shock when they learned what happened to their son, still, that incident ended early when Christopher slept. When morning arrived, his Father asked him if he do drugs and Christopher quickly denied it.

"Tch, what am I gonna do now?"

Christopher, or should I say Derik felt distressed. He doesn't know what's happening and he's started to think about his original family. He's an unfilial son, he always returns drunk in the house, and his parents were always angry because of this. 

They told him to find a proper job instead of writing. Derik didn't listen and he just does what he wants and then one day a robber took his belongings and pulled a gun.

"Ugh, What have I done! I'm a bad child!! Huhuhu"

"Hahahaha as always, you're bawling again. Let me guess, it's about your parents, right?"

"Waahhh mom, dad I'm sorry for being unfilial!!"

It's now evening and Christopher was drunk. He cried until he fell asleep.

……………

"Ugh, ack!! My head hurts! Tch, I should've not drunk those Dark Bull Beer! It's too f*ck*ng strong!"

"Young master please refrain yourself from saying those vulgar words. An aristocrat should always be respectful and noble."

A Butler saw him entering the Mansion.

Butler Zen was the Mellwood's Head Butler. Christopher treats him as his grandfather. He's always there whenever the family needs him and the Mellwood sees him as a family too. 

When the last Count, Christopher's grandfather, died in the war. His father succeeded the title, Butler Zen helped him to build this territory. He's loyal to the family and wanted them to have a happy life.

That's why he's sad whenever he sees his Young master returning to the house sluggish and drunk because of a hangover.

"Young Master, the Count is currently in the living room. He's waiting for you"

"…looks like I won't get any sleep. Okay, thanks Butler Zen"

Christopher entered the living and saw his father drinking coffee while reading papers. 

"Good morning, Father…"

"Hm? Oh, so you're here. Where are you last night? Could it be you're in that tavern again? I've already said that you shouldn't drink too much… and this is what I get. Watching my son twitching his forehead because of the hangover!"

Count Mellwood watched his son struggling on finding an excuse.

"I'm sorry father…"

"Sigh, I don't have the time to punish you right now. Just go to your room and rest… and don't drink any liquor!"

"Yes father"

Christopher left and went to his room. This was the first time that he drinks in this world. Now, he realized that he should have control his drinking.

39