MoC 9
929 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

9

The three went to the garden. It's night and no other people could be seen except them. Christopher went to the fountain and touched the finger of a figurine. The fountain split and a door appeared downwards. 

Pablo felt skeptical, but he didn't talk. Yuusha was intrigued and he's excited to go. 

"Let's go before others see us."

Christopher took a step, the stairs are rock solid. He tapped the walls and the staircase light up.

"These are light stones… these are rare."

Pablo touched the stone, now he was more skeptical. A pound of light stone can sell at a minimum of 40 gold. He couldn't believe that the Mellwood had a hundred of this lighting the staircase. 

"These light stones are almost 300 years old. We only use it when we visit this place so the mana is still alive inside them."

"I see…"

Pablo didn't ask for more. What he sees here was enough to think that this family was hiding something. However, he wanted to see for himself if this secret would be good or not. 

"We are here."

Christopher opened the door that was not too shabby. When they came in, they saw many books aligned inside a shelf.

"My predecessors were historians/barbs. They travel the whole world to write everything that they saw…"

Christopher steels his mind. The actual reason he showed this place was because he needs the two main characters to believe him. 

'I need to have a role in this novel…'

If the novel classified Christopher as an important character. He believed that he could see his future inside the Auburn War. This was his real motive. At first, he only wants to tell them about the Inaudible Plain, but he decided to change his decision. Pablo was too perceptive…

So instead of hiding this secret, he decided to show it. To prove his trust. 

"I show you this so… promise that you'll never tell this to anyone."

"I promise."

Pablo touched his chest and Yuusha nodded. 

"Good. Now let's get started… based on what I remember … that's it. Yuusha can you take that book and put it here."

Christopher pointed to a book. He was actually acting when he displayed that he was thinking. He already knew where the information resides in. 

He already visited this place two days ago. Derik learned that the Mellwood had a secret when he scanned Christopher's memories. 

'Based on what I remember… I only wrote about the MC going to the Count asking about the Inaudible Plain. The Count didn't talk first because his son died at the hands of Pablo. However, he decided that something bad is happening when the fog of Inaudible Plain started to spread. Charles told them the information that he knew… so this was the reason why he knew the path to the tomb… I never thought my character has a deeper background."

Derik wrote the story focusing only on the Protagonist. He only wrote that the Count knew about this information because their Family was living here for hundreds of years. But he never thought that he was actually a descendant of historians.

Christopher opened the book, he acted that he was skimming the text.

"Here, this said that Death Necromancer died inside the Inaudible Plain. Since then, the Plain begun to summons fog and undead."

The book was around 500 years old. Pablo received some shock, but he kept it inside him. 

"… Based on what it tells. Some people visited the place and built the Tomb for the Necromancer… the book tells that they used Fleming Birds to track the Tomb inside the fog. The opposite position of Fleming Bird is where the Tomb's direction."

"… Fleming Bird. That's already extinct. We can't use this information."

Pablo said.

"Yes, the Fleming Bird is. But they have descendants, the Red Beak Crows."

"!!!"

Pablo thought about this. Based on what he knows Fleming Birds was a species that had red beaks and beautiful blue feathers. They had become extinct because of poaching. However, he knew that it had another subspecies, the Red Beak Crows.

"Christopher I'm sorry for doing what I've done. I know you're angry because of what happened earlier.  Despite the fact about that, can I ask a favor? "

"Pfft, you're talking about the Red Beak, right? It's okay. I know that there is a Bird collector in the City."

"Thank you very much!"

Pablo bowed his head, his impression of Christopher had already turned 180°. He thought he was just a good for nothing bastard. Always drinking and afraid of criticism. 

He was wrong. What he heard about him was wrong.

'I need to apologize, but tackling the Dark Side is the first priority for now.'

He didn't want the Dark Side to get what they want. He didn't know why they need the ancient artifacts, but he must stop them no matter what. 

They traveled incognito. Christopher didn't inform his house because things may become hectic.

They visited the Bird enthusiast only for realizing that it was an illegal poaching den of endangered animals. 

"… Sir? May I know the reason why you're here?"

The poachers knew about the 'oh so famous son of Mellwood', but he didn't think that he would enter his place one day. Christopher sighed, he never thought that this man was actually a criminal, but he didn't have time for that. 

"Sigh… let's just leave this for now. I need a Red Beak Crow, right now! Or else I'll raid this place!!"

"Yes, sir!!"

The man quickly left to find a Red Beak Crows. He didn't want to fight a noble. Besides, Red Beak Crows was a simple bird that can be found if they enter a forest. He could give them three if they wanted to. 

"This place…"

Pablo watched the cages and saw some unknown animals. Perhaps they were from other countries and not endemic animals of Cransia. 

"There are even Demon Beasts…"

The man came back holding a birdcage. Inside the cage was a bird that had a red color of beak. 

"Caw caw"

"This is the bird, sir!!"

Pablo took the cage and pat the man's shoulder. 

"Clean this place or else I'll kill you after I return."

"Hhiiiii!!!"

The poachers panicked. Pablo's eye was menacing.

24